SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My Spiritual Crisis

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Craig... MJ is right on the money. This is a public forum. You have no idea who is reading that (I know of pre-teens who come here), and it's inappropriate to talk like that on here. To tell someone who asks politely for you to refrain from such talk to "stop being religious" is foolishness on your part.

It actually reveals a lot about your heart.

Maybe God should stop being religious when He said to us thru His apostle in Ephesians 5: "But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. 5For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God."

This is not the place to discuss this sort of thing, or to brag about one's past sins, especially sins of this nature.

I know this is a strong rebuke, I am amazed that you just told a sister in Christ who is concerned about purity to "stop being religious"... as if obedience to God is something we should loathe.

You, sir, owe her an apology.

Krispy

2011/8/11 14:27

Re:

Thanks KK. You know the funny thing is, I talked about this a lot several months ago. No one gave me any grief about it then. But, I did edit my post just to keep everybody happy.

Now we know a little bit more about Endzone, but I don't know much about you all. I guess this is just like church where everybody has to act holy and put up a good front like they do on Sunday morning. And most of you do a pretty good job of that on here. But if that is the nature of this board, I will comply. I don't make the rules. Thanks.

So, there is a real life story of how the Holy Spirit worked in my life. It isn't based on some interpretation of the Bible or some normal thing that is suppossed to happen to you that I read in a book someplace. Of course you may not believe it. This is why I had a natural tendency to believe that maybe it was a sin problem that the OP had going on in his life. But, it could be some type of iniquity or "those who oppose themselves that God may give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth". But others have suggested that it may have nothing to do with sin at all--that this is just somehow normal in a Christians life and that I am being like Job trying to attribute what is wrong to some type of sin.

And the OP seems to have coped out of the discussion altogether. That just makes for more speculation just like his first post was long but somewhat nebulous IMHO. Maybe the OP is like everybody else on this board--you have to present your Sunday whitewashed best and leave everybody guessing as to what is going on underneath.

2011/8/11 16:15

Re:

Listen, brother... there is a time and place for everything. This is not the place. I think thats all we're trying to say. If we were sitting face to face and discussing this... or even thru private email, that would be different. But when there are women and sometimes children present, it's not appropriate.

It's not about acting holy, but it is about holiness. Scripture does talk about course language and not letting any unclean thing come from our lips. If someone is a little more strict in their life about that than you then you just need to accept the fact that they are only trying to be obedient. It's not a condemnation toward you.

Altho... let me say this, there are some Christians I know who when I get around them... just their level of maturity in the Lord convicts me. I find myself having to look inside when I feel like someone is "holier than thou"... is it really that they have a holier than thou attitude, or is it conviction from the Holy Spirit that I am not holy enough?

Dont get offended, endzone, just understand that not everything is appropriate for discussion on a forum like this. This is a haven for people... a haven from all the garbage and trash on the internet. If you have something you need to discuss feel free to contact me. But here... we need to maintain a level of security for folks that visit this site.

Love ya, bro.

Krispy

2011/8/11 16:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy