SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My Spiritual Crisis

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart. Lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy way acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths" Prov. 3:5-6

Job was alone and did not "feel" God. However, inspite of his "comforters", God had not left Job. He was going through some dark tunnels, but he could finally say, "I know that my redeemer liveth"! God was faithful to Job, and Job was faithful to God.

2011/8/9 22:00Profile
Giggles

Re:

Good thread. Thanks for sharing Bedson and others for the replies.

2011/8/9 22:02Profile

Re:

Thanks Krispy, I know you weren't trying to slam me.

Bedson, I'm trying to think of where that verse is that says, "He hath given the Holy Spirit to those that obey Him". You say there was no disobedience or sin in your life. OK, maybe you're right. But I just can't think of any examples in the Bible were the Holy Spirit was withdrawn that it was not preciptated by some type of sin or iniquity in a believer's life. But maybe I'm wrong about that too. I've sure been wrong before--haha. Well, I know there isn't anything more I can add to this thread. I guess the Lord will have to reveal it to you.

2011/8/9 22:16
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

"I posted a link below about that sister's testimony about how God uses the foolish things. I will pray for you. Peace in Christ.

Travis

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18861&commentView=itemComments"

Amen BRother God bless you!

2011/8/9 22:20Profile
rorichts

Central Iowa

Re:

very good advise Mike, the question is will you serve God for who He is even if for six months or six years there are no warm fuzzy's, opportunities to minister, or any other indications of the Holy Spirit. It is not about the Holy Spirit for it is Jesus who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Will you serve with out any indications of His presence or just because of Who He is and what He did for you?

Your focus is on Him not on any evidence
Good advise on studying the Word this time ponder the verses about testings and sufferings of not only fellow believers but also of Jesus Himself.
robert

2011/8/9 22:30Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

HI Bedson,

I listened to Intimacy by that same sister I mentioned earlier in the thread. I was really encouraged. I will post the link below.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13232&commentView=itemComments

Peace in Christ

Travis

2011/8/9 23:40Profile

Re: Going through the fires

Hi Bedson

Your story is familiar to those who seek the deeper things of God. It is natural to try to seek a reason, and indeed Job`s comforters will be there to point to sin, but the way you are going is not so simple. You should take comfort in the peace you feel from leaving the church - you are indeed blessed to have escaped.

I pressume that you decided one day to give your all for Christ and this is the way of it. There are many disciplines and trials we must go though and losing the presence of God is involved and indeed is the worst part of it.

The advice to read scriptures alone is not one I would recommend though of course one should continue to read, but at times like this we need a little guidance from others unless the Lord has decreed that we are going to go it alone. I have found help from others who have travelled this path and it has been a great comfort to know that

a, it is normal
b, you have not gone astray
c, you are going to learn patience and walking by faith alone.

I pray that you will be lead to sources of encouragment and help.

Brenda

2011/8/10 7:24
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"But I just can't think of any examples in the Bible were the Holy Spirit was withdrawn that it was not preciptated by some type of sin or iniquity in a believer's life."

Brother,

As for as a child of God is concerned we have the Word of the Lord that God will never leave us or forsake us. The Holy Spirit will abide with us forever. Yes, we can grieve the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God can be quenched, and through sin we can break our fellowship with God. If the Holy Spirit left us when we sinned, there would be no way for our fellowship to be restored for He is the one that convicts us of our sins. This is not to condemn us, that is the job of the accuser of the brethren, but He deals with us so that we will repent, move out of the darkness back into the light, and have our fellowship with God restored.

God has never promised us that we put be exempt from trials. At times the tangible presence of the Lord is withdrawn from us. It is easy to serve God and walk with God when you sense His presence and His anointing, but the Lord desires that we would love Him with all of our heart, not for what He can do for us, but just because of who He is . Our hearts are being tested when there is no outward evidence that God is with us, and we must learn to walk by faith and not by sight. Our faith is in the fact that we are in Christ and He is living in us. Our faith is not based on outward circumstances or feelings but on the great facts of what the Word says of who we are in Christ, and What Christ has done for us through the finished work of the cross.

Mike

2011/8/10 7:31Profile
carters

Australia

2011/8/10 18:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
God has never promised us that we put be exempt from trials. At times the tangible presence of the Lord is withdrawn from us. It is easy to serve God and walk with God when you sense His presence and His anointing, but the Lord desires that we would love Him with all of our heart, not for what He can do for us, but just because of who He is . Our hearts are being tested when there is no outward evidence that God is with us, and we must learn to walk by faith and not by sight. Our faith is in the fact that we are in Christ and He is living in us. Our faith is not based on outward circumstances or feelings but on the great facts of what the Word says of who we are in Christ, and What Christ has done for us through the finished work of the cross.

Mike I will tell you with complete honesty that this has not been my experience from 1981 to 2010 in my walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. Almost anytime I could go get on my knees beside my bed and ask the Lord for guidance and direction. Many times He would lead by His Holy Spirit right then and there. Sometimes the answer came a few days later. Always there was His tender touch and comfort. This never changed over a 30 year span, and I spent a lot of time in prayer.

Only last year did the Lord finally back away from me in judgment and anger after I refused to let go of this horrible sin problem in my life that was repeated over 500 times. I have not experienced those dry times or whatever they are that everybody else is talking about. The Holy Spirit never moved away from me for some kind of purpose you all are describing. I had a close relationship with the Lord. In 1995 I was sitting at the back of Calvary Cathedral International church in Ft. Worth, TX, and I prayed "Lord I wish a tornado would come through here and destroy all this". Well 5 years later a tornado did come through and ruin the building. Noone in the church was hurt! The finger of God was on that tornado and it touched down in spots where the Lord wanted it to. Another time I just went to the Lord in prayer and asked the Lord who it was that was doing the killings in Washington, DC by sniper rifle. The Lord spoke to me and said, "It's 2 black guys from the Tacoma, WA area and one is much older than the other, but they are both under 40. That is what the Lord said. In 2000 I was sitting in a Wendy's resturant in Bellevue, WA with my absentee ballot for president. This was in October. As I checked "Pat Buchanan" the HOly Spirit came over me in such a powerful way and He asked, "Are you sure you really want to do that"? Then the Spirit showed me that this race would be so close that we would not know who won for days and maybe weeks.

These are some of the poignant things I remember. But just about anytime I could ask the Lord things and He would usually speak. Sometimes the Lord would even reveal to me who was going to win college football games. You may not believe it, but I don't care. What I'm saying is over a 30 year span this did not change in my life. I never went through a dry time. I have gone through a horrible time the past 18 months as this precious touch of the HOly Spirit has moved far away from me, and the Lord doesn't speak to me like this anymore. The Lord finally said enough regarding this sin habit I had in my life. Thanks.

Craig

2011/8/11 0:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy