SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Don't critize me.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

We speak our minds......

"I have been on SI for about six years, and you see the same patterns time and time again. There are those who speak up, about anything really, there are those who cannot handle that and speak against those who speak out."

"And then there are those who never take a particular stand other than the stand that they take against those who take a stand :) Now say that three times quickly :) Posts are used to subtly take revenge on those who have done them ill in the past, at least perceived, passive aggression. ".....Appolus..[ Brother Frank. ]

Sometimes you amaze me Appollus. Very perceptive discernment here...and spot on.....................

"But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18. How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20.But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22. And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23. And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25.To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever." Amen.

and.....10. "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11. "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

We must stand with the conviction of truth in our spirits, and allow the Word to shine His light upon our hearts....and warn others, in love, who may oppose us......................and......

26. "Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27. "For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28. "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29. "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock!"

30. "Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them!"

31. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

Sometimes we just have input, and sometimes more. Not everyone is going to agree with you, as above, or like you for it. Never-the-less, "I believed, therefore I have spoken."

2011/8/9 11:13

Re:

Quote:
Amen Jesus-is-GOD... People see someone like me or others on this forum and think that by reading a small percentage of what we write that they know who we are, and are able to figure us out. I’ve been here longer than most and it is safe to say that with the exception of 1 or 2 people… none of you really know anything about me. What you see on here is about 1% of who I am or my walk with the Lord.

It would be laughable (and pathetic) if all I did was talk or worry about false teachers all the time.

Krispy

Man you know the more I post on internet Christian forums, the more I'm convinced they are nothing but about 95% whack jobs. Christians? Probably most. Whack jobs? Yes, that too. I mean you have to figure that about 99.999% of Christians in America don't post on internet BBs. So why do we? Oh, I think we're all messed up in some way. We have issues in our life. Most of us probably don't go to church. A lot of you are probably hard to get along with. But I've been blessed by the post of a few folks on here, and lot of you are really carnal and immature. But most of all there is this false "holier than thou" attitude that pervades this board as if you all are on some kind of higher spiritual plane than your average churchgoer--haha.

2011/8/9 15:53

Eye on the BALL.....

"Most of us probably don't go to church. A lot of you are probably hard to get along with. But I've been blessed by the post of a few folks on here, and lot of you are really carnal and immature. But most of all there is this false "holier than thou" attitude that pervades this board as if you all are on some kind of higher spiritual plane than your average churchgoer--haha."..Endzone...

How could you come to this somewhat bitter conclusion if not because you have taken your eyes off of the subject...off of the Word in your heart...and the love of the truth?

Now, you are a judge of character and personality, and every thing posted is jaded by whether your filter of right-ness, which sits above all others, and sifts enough of the content to "bless" you.You have become a mocker. ha-ha.

This is sad to me..and I think some repentance could be in order. All of us carry about, and post a bit of this mind of death....the flesh....and all of us are somewhat immature...and all the more-so in the loving face of Christ.

So...do you love your babies? Do you criticize them, or nurture them? As your brother or sister...[ most surely are..]..How do you communicate with them?...when your pride accuses them of carnality?

It is not always true...but in this case....your attitude reflects your own heart, as in a mirror...and it is obvious. Your comment is about yourself.

My counsel to you is to consider the subject, and apply your response to the Truth, and the light of the Word of God, and be as edifying as possible. People will not always receive you..and obviously some will criticize you..but see yourself as a servant to them; a brother to them...and express yourself.

There are many wonderful people here...that love Jesus...and know their Bibles...and have maturity and insight...and many infants, toddlers, teens and mamma's and daddy's here...but we all have minds, and opinions...and differ. We are called as one body, though, and our fellowship is not mental...it is within a Spirit...a holy and loving One that is a piece of God's living heart. A Bible verse comes to me:..Jer:31

"For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he!

12..."Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all!"

13. Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow."

I like the part about flowing together for the goodness of the Lord...and for the young of the flock. It speaks of body life, and the family of God. This, of course, is a like relationship in the forum, exchanging ideas of faith...rather than hands on types of actions...but never-the-less...the principles are the same as the Word commands...Love One another...and do not bite and devour one another.

Eventually, those who cannot abide by these principles, sooner our later..will go. As the moderators say...keep your eye on the ball..the subject at hand..not the personality.

2011/8/13 7:25

Re: Eye on the BALL.....

Amen Tom... good word, brother.

Krispy

2011/8/13 8:00

Eye on the Ball...Is eye on the PRIZE...

by KrispyKrittr on 2011/8/13 4:00:13

"Amen Tom... good word, brother."...
Krispy.

Thanks Krispy. It's a standard I guess. I have let some, I guess, "get my goat" in the past here...but I'm trying to practice what I preach.

The problem being that I have a goat to get...and it's a big, proud stinky one...as it is. One of the major themes that the Lord is laying upon me, is learning how to die to me...and live to Him.

"Blessed are the unoffended." Stephen, the first martyr, and foundational in the mercy-life of Paul the great Apostle...attained something wonderful in the maturity level when he chose to forgive his ignorant and hateful murderers.

Matthew 11:
28.Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30......"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."..."Jesus.

and...."The servant of the Lord MUST NOT strive."

I try to set a circle on the ground...and step inside of it, rather than point the finger. This is not as easy as it sounds...but it is Jesus's way to know Him, and please Him.

I fail to some measure every day.often heart attitudes about my own superiority or being right, or offended at another's disdain of me....
..but I ask forgiveness of Him...and get back up trying to learn love. Thanks for the kind word.

2011/8/14 10:19

Eye on the Ball...Is eye on the PRIZE...

by KrispyKrittr on 2011/8/13 4:00:13

"Amen Tom... good word, brother."...
Krispy.

Thanks Krispy. It's a standard I guess. I have let some, I guess, "get my goat" in the past here...but I'm trying to practice what I preach.

The problem being that I have a goat to get...and it's a big, proud stinky one...as it is. One of the major themes that the Lord is laying upon me, is learning how to die to me...and live to Him.

"Blessed are the unoffended." Stephen, the first martyr, and foundational in the mercy-life of Paul the great Apostle...attained something wonderful in the maturity level when he chose to forgive his ignorant and hateful murderers.

Matthew 11:
28.Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30......"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."..."Jesus.

and...."The servant of the Lord MUST NOT strive."

I try to set a circle on the ground...and step inside of it, rather than point the finger. This is not as easy as it sounds...but it is Jesus's way to know Him, and please Him.

I fail to some measure every day.often heart attitudes about my own superiority or being right, or offended at another's disdain of me....
..but I ask forgiveness of Him...and get back up trying to learn love. Thanks for the kind word.

2011/8/14 10:19
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Eye on the Ball...Is eye on the PRIZE...

I wonder what the church would look like if we all did the same? We all saw ourselves as the trouble as to why there was a problem or why something didn't go as planned. Meaning we take the path of humility regarding everyone as better than us.

I have been reading the sermon on the mount for a while now and this is the life that I see, a life humbly submitted not only to Christ but to our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. A life of taking the Low road that many won't travel down because it hits their pride where it counts. This is the path I want to talk or at least desire to walk, it happens sometimes but definitely not on the consistent basis I wish it were on. But Christ is carrying me at His pace and I must be patient and put my hope and trust in Him.

2011/8/14 16:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

For Tom and Endzone

Well said, Tom...

Endzone, I find your analysis disturbing. On another post you wrote that the Spirit of God has left you...remember that post? If this is the case, why do you think you should be taken seriously in matters of spiritual things? Just wondering...

ginnyrose

2011/8/14 19:16Profile
jimp

Re: For Tom and Endzone

brother tom and krispy, if it means anything to you i ususally enjoy your posts and the sweet spirit that is obviously in your heart when you type them.except when you didagree with me.loljimp

2011/8/14 21:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy