SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What happened to Holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
dannymeayou

What happened to Holiness

I find it hard to believe that all of us can hear these power filled messages and cannot ask this question. I try to talk to people about Christ and most people will say they are Christians. But are we really Christ Like. 1 Corinthians talks about Charity. In Peter it is the fullfilling of the law. But charity is not just giving outwardly it is inwardly. Am I dressing like Christ (Modestly) am I acting like Christ (Humbly) would Christ listen to what I am listening to wear what I wear, or watch what I watch, and read what I read. I am I outdated is there any holiness left in the world or has God that says I change not changed to reach out to us. The bible preaches against certain preachers but we don't. I am convicted and tried guilty and found wanting. I want God I want Holiness I want America back on her knees. I want to see Christian men wear pants and Christina women wearing dresses. I want tattoes and pearcings preached against. I want the television thrown out of the house. I want judgment to start in the house of God. I am the temple of the Holy Spirit and I have to act like it. If I would not do it in church I cannot do it at all. butn this isn't preached anymore we jsut listen to it and say wow. We just say waht a powerful message "Sinners in the Hand of an Angry God" awesome message very intellectual but it is not for me or "A Call to Anguish" he is right but not for me. It makes me weep. I am crying for holiness. The Angels the highest order of Angels CHOOSE to cry out day and night non-stop Holy, Holy, Holy. Hebrews says without Holiness it is impossible to see God. but we have put it of and said people can't live that way lets preach an easy message. Who said Christianity was easy Christ said pick up your cross, a heavy, splinter filled, hard, uneasy object that symbolizes death. That is Why Paul said I MUST Die daily.

2011/8/5 21:43Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: What happened to Holiness

Amen dannyneayou! You sound like you believe in holiness. I do too. Alot in the church today, think you can live anyway you want to. Many throw out what they don't like or say it doesn't apply to "us" today. My Bible says God is holy and we are to be holy. It also says Jesus is the same always.
May God revive us today.

2011/8/5 22:18Profile
mama27

Re:

This is the very cry of my heart! I don't find it anywhere either (except maybe here on SI)....

2011/8/5 22:37Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: What happened to Holiness

What is Holiness?

Is it being sinless.

A stone, a shovel, a lake, these never sin. Are they Holy?

The Apostle John made it clear that we humans who live on this planet Earth will sin throughout our life, even if we are true Christians.

1 Jn 1:5-10
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; 7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
NASU

Look carefully at verse 8, John states we will sin throughout our life. I know that I do. I wish I did not, but I know I do, and so does everyone else who knows me. I simply am imperfect.

8. IF WE SAY WE HAVE NO SIN, WE ARE DECEIVING OURSELVES AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN US.

Note that He is writing to Christians.

We are not saved because we became sinless, we are saved because we accepted the shed blood that sinless Jesus, our paschal Lamb, shed His blood as full atonement of all our sins, past, present, and future.

We need to stop thinking about becoming sinless, and rather, we need to actuate the changes God is making in us day by day through the working of the Holy Spirit in us. We have fellowship with God, bring God into everything we do.

Here is my definition of Holiness:

Holiness is not the absence of sin in our life, Holiness is the presence of God in our life.

I fellowship with God daily. I walk with Him, I talk with Him, I read His word, and received His WORD. It is God's presence in me, the Holy Spirit, that makes me Holy.

Or would you rather be a rock?

2011/8/5 22:46Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

"Here is my definition of Holiness:
Holiness is not the absence of sin in our life, Holiness is the presence of God in our life."

ArtB, How does the Bible define holiness? That is what really matters. "Be ye holy, for I am holy." Period.
Because He is holy, sin will be cleansed (I John 1:7), destroyed (Rom. 6:6), and purged by the blood of Christ (Acts 15:8-9; Heb. 1:3; 13:12,13) in the heart of the individual who yields to Him. Holiness is God in the heart. When He comes, sin has to flee.

"Look carefully at verse 8, John states we will sin throughout our life. I know that I do. I wish I did not, but I know I do, and so does everyone else who knows me"
God has a cure for sin-confession, cleansing and forsaking. John goes on in 2:1, which is the next verse and says, "If any man sin, we have an advocate.." Amen. He also says in 3:7-8, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil." John says if a person is living in sin, they are not of God, but of the devil.
We must seek to have our experience line up with the Bible, not the Bible line up with our experiences.

I may not be a rock (bad analogy), but I serve the Rock who is greater than sin, and can deliver.

2011/8/5 23:30Profile
Questor

Re: Holiness

Definition of HOLY / Mirriam Webster Dictionary

1: exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness

2: divine <for the Lord our God is holy — Psalms 99:9(Authorized Version)>

3: devoted entirely to the deity or the work of the deity <a holy temple> <holy prophets>

4a : having a divine quality <holy love> b : venerated as or as if sacred <holy scripture> <a holy relic>

It is a sad thing, but Holiness is more nearly related to divinity, and is a characteristic more in line with Yeshua than with us poor mortals.

However, we can act in holiness, admire and reverance holiness.

I fear though that being Holy, completely seperated unto YHWH, we will have to wait until Yeshua comes for us.

We can, however seek those out who seek to be holy, and help to hold each other up. And we can seperate ourselves from the unholy, to the extant that we can and still live on the planet. The more we seek quietness, and seperation unto YHWH, the more prepared we will be in the difficult days ahead.

Q

2011/8/7 2:20Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If Christ be in you, He is Holy. "Be ye Holy for I am Holy", is not a command to good works but a statement we are Holy because of He that is Holy in us.

Our Spirit is Holy, for it is the Spirit of Chrsit in you, which Paul states 146 times in his Gospel in his epistles.
We are becoming Holy by the Holy Spirit that indwells our soul, which is where our mind is being renewed to the Mind of Christ, Our body will be Holy when resurrection comes, which we don't know right now, but it will be just like His glorious body. As Paul, "not that I have attained it yet, but I press on toward the upward calling of God."

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/8 17:46Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

He imparts His holiness to the yielded soul. 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

God wants a holy people; in heart and life. He would have never said, "Be ye holy, for I am holy" if He did not make a way for His people to be holy. Any holiness man has is derived from God. Apart from Him, man is corrupt. Redemption redeems man completely.

2011/8/8 17:53Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

He imparted His Holy Son in me and I certainly was not yielded. Praise God He did not let me go and never will.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/8 21:25Profile
Sonoflight

Re:

I was just wondering if we cannot be without sin why all the teaching about turning from it in scripture?

2011/8/9 5:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy