SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Ministry!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Prayer for Ministry!

Hey folks, I know you are a praying bunch and I appreciate every time I have asked for prayer there was a wonderful response on here (knowing you guys prayer whether you post on here or not)

My wife and I started up a Music ministry we are calling RestorationInChrist, our message is simple We find true Spiritual, emotional, physical, and any other al you can think of is found Solely in and through Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour. Its been a slow start but we are working to put some songs together, some I have personally wrote and some covers of other artists.

Anyways to my request, could you please pray for discernment and direction in these as this little ministry of ours begins to take shape. I know some are leary of Music ministries because they have been seen as 'entertainment' but I pray and hope RestorationInChrist is a breath of fresh air when it comes bring encouragement to those that need it and Glory to the Lord that deserves it.

We have a big "gig" coming up that can have great impact, its a benefit for Crime Stoppers for a young girl who was murdered in her home. This is a very delicate situation and could very possibly be a great witness to a large group of people who are hurting and very possibly bitter towards the shooter.

I don't like to add plugs to SI threads but I thought I would for reference to possibly help you understand what we do and help give you some idea on what to pray for, for us.

Thanks and God Bless you
Matthew

Facebook :www.facebook.com/restorationinchrist
youtube :www.youtube.com/restorationinchrist

2011/8/5 7:34Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Prayer for Ministry!

Quote:
We have a big "gig" coming up that can have great impact, its a benefit for Crime Stoppers for a young girl who was murdered in her home. This is a very delicate situation and could very possibly be a great witness to a large group of people who are hurting and very possibly bitter towards the shooter.

I'll be praying for you, your wife and your ministry! Holy Spirit filled music can break the hearts of all involved and that is what is needed today.

God bless you both,
Lisa

2011/8/5 7:50Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you so much :) We played at a nursing home today with only 6 listeners but afterwards there were a few that said it was just what they needed for the week. We intend on going back to play some more because we love the Elderly and feel they are forgotten at times and given a bad rap as "People that don't like contemporary" they loved out contemporary songs infact we only did one hymn didn't recieve a single complaint isn't that something :P.

2011/8/5 7:59Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Prayer for Ministry!

I don't know why but I feel like I am not meeting what God has told me to do. I love music and encouraging others but I really feel like I am missing something that is greatly vital. I really need direction and I really do want God's will to be done with my talents. It definitely is worrisome not know which direction you are going on top of the fact that I am responsible in leading my family.

I don't really want to admit it but there is a part of me that really envies those that are blessed with a fulltime ministry in any talents the Lord has given them. I guess another part of me is pretty discouraged of where I am now in terms of churches, I love some of the people there but it doesn't feel like a home to me more like a social club that meets on Sundays. My wife and I have been asked to lead worship once a month but the other team members who usually lead it play with us and try to control everything and though I don't want to judge the intention of their hearts I cant shake the feeling that something is deeply wrong in how things are done.

Growing up Pentecostal and then going to a baptist church really doesn't help either. On Sundays I am rarely challenged in terms of going after Christ wholeheartedly. I also will have the opportunity to preach in two Sundays I really don't know what I am going to preach about or to what right I have to preach. Feeling pretty beat up and in need of some alone time with the Good Lord, I know everything is in His hands and I praise Him for His Faithfulness.

Lord lead me and guide me in light of Your will that it be done speedily, and that my heart though weak stays strong in You. That I stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit and His movements and direction. Amen

2011/8/18 7:25Profile
mama27

Re:

Why don't you preach on your testimony about how God convicted you of the video game addiction? (coupled with the Word, of course)....seems a lot of subjects like that are "taboo" from the pulpit....just a thought....

2011/8/18 11:23Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

My brother, I cannot speak specificly to this problem, but I do notice that the thread starts out most positive and them becomes a little despairing in tone.

I am not saying this is your situation but when I have started out in great zeal in certain endeavors, I sometimes find that the Lord can get left behind. The very one I serve in love and have purposed my efforts for Him, I have removed from the limelight. Once again I am not saying this is what is happening here, but I would be remiss not to share my experiences.

As for your participation amongst the gathering of saints to worship, You can share truth amongst those who have for the most part heard it restrained. Truth unrestrained speaks in love but it speaks convictingly because it comes with words directed by God. God will give you if you ask, and then you need not concern yourself with what becomes of it because it is in His hands and not yours. Be ever so careful of pride and praise for His answer to your supplication.

2011/8/18 11:30Profile
Nellie

Re:

I'm so pleased for you & your wife.
The Nursing Home people are always in need of encouragment.
God is wonderful!!!
May you go forth strong in Him, and in the Power of His Might.
Keep us posted.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2011/8/18 11:37Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you for your words of encouragement they are appreciated.

Brother Lyle thank you as well for your testimony, I am not 100% sure if what I am doing (the praise team thing) is what the Lord has for me, however the Nursing home thing is something that I enjoy because there are far less stones thrown.

I have thought about it for a while now and I still have weak to prepare and there is a gret part of me that really just wants to share my testimony. It is part of what we overcome by is it not?

2011/8/19 5:58Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Hello brothers and sisters,

I just thought I would ask for prayer for this Sunday, I will be preaching at the church I attend.

The Lord has lead me to Luke 14:15-35 or The Parable of the Great Banquet and the Cost of Discipleship.

2011/8/24 10:34Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am preaching this morning for the first time at this church, its a baptist church and I am excited and nervous all at the same time :-S. I know the Lord will be with me and help me because if He isn't I will fall on my face in disgrace and shame and failure. It has to be Him or nothing at all! Please pray the Holy Spirit cuts the hearts of this congregation. Thank you!

God Bless,
Matthew

2011/8/28 5:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy