SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should we fear chastizement from the Lord if we sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re: Should we fear chastizement from the Lord if we sin?

Bible4Life,

Meditate on this passage:
"But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world."
(1 Corinthians 11:31-32)

This passage is giving you two very important truths:

1) If we judged ourselves, the Lord would not have to judge us. His righteous judgment comes one of two ways: Discipline for the believer; punishment (damnation) for the unbeliever. If you are a believer, God calls you to confess your sins (1John 1:9), put away your old self (Colossian 3:5-9), and pursue holiness (Hebrews 12:14). Now, if you are being especially rebellious for some reason, God will not let you go down that path if you are truly his child (Hebrews 12:5-9). Thus, you will be subjected to His discipline. You want to avoid chastizement? Judge yourself! Go to the Lord immediately for cleansing! Keep short accounts. By the Spirit (Romans 8:13), put any sin to death as soon as you notice it creeping up...

2) On the other hand, if we are judged by the Lord (as His children), we should be thankful, because the REASON why God judges us (discipline) is so that "we might NOT BE CONDEMNED with the world"! Hallelujah! You see, God WILL PURIFY his bride. If you have some really powerful strongholds in your life, God will do whatever it takes to set you free and sanctify you (1Thessalonians 5:23-24). Sometimes it goes smoothly; other times, it hurts. But, in the end, we have much reason to be thankful!

So, please meditate on that passage (1Corinthians 11:31-32). You will see that instead of being afraid, you should be thankful. It is for your good that God is doing this. Don't let Satan deceive you into thinking that you are miserable because you are disciplined by God. It's quite the opposite! You are blessed, my friend!

In Christ,
Renoncer

(P.S.: Those who should be afraid are people who can just sin without being convicted nor disciplined. Hebrews 10:26-27; Hebrews 12:8)

2011/8/5 13:13Profile
mikey2

Re:

Quote:
So, please meditate on that passage (1Corinthians 11:31-32). You will see that instead of being afraid, you should be thankful. It is for your good that God is doing this. Don't let Satan deceive you into thinking that you are miserable because you are disciplined by God. It's quite the opposite! You are blessed, my friend!

As strange as it seems, you are blessed by God. We need to walk by faith and not by sight. He may have afflicted you, but it is for your eternal good, not your temporal comfort.

Mike

2011/8/5 13:18Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

You see I was doing better from my demonic attacks for a couple of days and felt better and had peace, and even felt the Lord speaking to me more. But, my problem came through a woman at work she is a christian and very nice and actually had done some nice things for me and my wife. She also goes to a very biblical church and i was able to check out hi sermons her pastors and it was very deep and what i think i might need. Anyways, she asked me to go to hr church and i told her that i could not go unless my wife went which is a good thing. Well anyways my wife ended up saying she wouldn't mind hanging out with her one day. I wanted to let the Lord open the door, but i could tried to push the door open myself instead of letting the Lord work, and i feel as if now i had lust in my heart towards this girl slightly which made me pursue this a little more i think. But anyways my wife said she wouldn't mind going to this church one day and she really wants to be close friends with this girl, i feel i might have messed up.

2011/8/5 13:54Profile
mikey2

Re:

bible4life,

A lot of people that have medical problems actually need deliverance.

Mike

2011/8/5 15:01Profile

Re:

To answer the original question... you would be a fool not to be afraid of God's chastisement. The main motivating factor that makes chastisement effective is fear and discomfort.

Krispy

2011/8/5 16:15

Re:

The main motivating factor as we mature in Christ that should make chastisement uncomfortable to us, is that we grieved our Lord.

The pain we brought to Him is what is important, not the pain we caused ourselves. That speaks of a mature love and not a selfish love.

This analogy can be seen in marriage and also in raising children.

Respectfully,
Julius

2011/8/5 16:30
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I do fear his chastisement and i want to do the right thing, and submit unto him before it goes too far. Last night i gave this whole situation to the Lord and said do what you want with it and i am not going to do anymore to mess this up. If the Lord has my wife and her be friends it is going to be because of Him and not me. Also i found out today that i will be switching buildings at my work so i will not be working with her any longer, i really didn't do anything but i prayed about it the other day. So the Lord is already working. The only bad thing is my wife invited her to go to the zoo with us and she invited us to six flags, so if those do happen i do hope the Lord would cleanse me of my lust so that i will not fall into this stupid lust. But anyways whatever the Lord wills is what I am going with.

2011/8/5 18:45Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

Brother, what I understand from your posts is that you are not being open and transparent with your wife and therefore this sin still has power over you.

Ephesians 5 might be good to read and meditate upon. I pray you will find the liberty and joy of living in the light.

2011/8/5 22:04Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

bump

2011/8/6 2:25Profile
carters

Australia

Re:

bible4life,

I would suggest that you gently explain to your wife that even though you wre trying to do the right thing, you are a little attracted/lustful towards this woman.

Once you have been truthful, she may wish to not pursue this friendship if it places you into a position where you may sin, by her bringing this new friend around you.

If their friendship is now causing you to sin in your thoughts, you need to be honest with your wife. God not doubt will honour you and your wife in this and if the woman needs someone in her life to give her encouragement in the Lord then the Lord will not leave this woman hung and dry. He will provide for her in another way.

Through Him only,
Sherid

2011/8/6 4:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy