SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I have no relationship to the law. It does not apply to me.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

ginnyrose wrote,
"What's important to say regarding this topic is that MANY say they are not under the law who live wicked lives in sin. Such are indeed under the law until they repent and follow Christ as a true disciple led by the Spirit. If we don't proclaim and demonstrate the effect of the grace of God as true righteousness by the life of Christ and power not to fulfill the lust of the flesh by grace, then many will end up twofold the children of hell thinking that they are safe and under grace in their sin. All those who are lawless and disobedient need to hear the condemnation of their lives and the claim of God's rightful authority over us by the law so they will be persuaded to repent and flee to Christ for true grace."

Amen dear sister, couldn't have put it better. Your whole post was refreshing.

2011/8/4 15:59Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I think growing one got it right.

The argument Paul uses in Rom 7 is so clear. We are not under the law in its condemning effects if the flesh is dead. Dead flesh does not sin. That means that when we sin, we are under condemnation until we repent.

2011/8/4 16:08Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Another thought came to mind. Those who are apart from Christ are also under the dominion of sin and have no power to keep God's law. They are under the authority and control of sin, which is transgression of the law(1John 3:4). But in Christ we are set free from the dominion of sin and are given the Spirit to be able to fulfill the moral law in our walk. We will not fullfill it perfectly in this life but to a certain measure we can fulfill it by His grace. That's what Romans 6 and 8 points out. What the law could not do because of our weakness, Christ has accomplished through His life, death, and resurrection; and by His Spirit indwelling us. His resurrected life is now made ours by faith. Through that resurrected life we can have victory of the dominion of sin which is lawlessness.

2011/8/4 16:12Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Also Twayneb is right. When Paul speaks of the law he speaks of the whole law ceremanial and moral. We see that in 1 Tim 1: 9,10 as Growingone mentioned. Paul here speaks of the moral law. but again the only qualification to escape the condemnation the law brings is to be in Christ, led by the Spirit. since we can not serve two masters, we can not be in Christ and in the flesh at the same time, for one will by nature oppose the other.

2011/8/4 16:15Profile

For the love of Christ constraineth us!

Acts 17:28, "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

2 Cor. 5:14, "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."

Rom. 8:8-12, "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

2011/8/4 16:22
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is no distinction between the civil, ceremonial and moral Law, Law is Law, If I break any of the Law, it is sin.

God does not sit and judge, Oh, they don't keep the fourth commandment, I will apply that to the ceremonial Law, it does not carry a greater penalty than 1 or 2. Any breaking of any law is a choice on the law breaker, no matter what we deem it, civil, ceremonial, or moral. If it is one of the 10 commandments, it is sin. If it is adultry, is it moral or one of the ceremonial laws that say to kill the adulterer.

We are not under any Law, only ONE applies to the Born again Christian. LOVE.

Ok, which Law did I break, it does not matter it is all Law.
One Jot or tittle is in all the Law. I don't want to break any Law because I love Jesus Christ. That is where my soul mind wants to be, With the Mind I serve the Law of God In my heart, with the flesh, well you make the Judgement.

In Christ who fulfilled the whole Law by whom I now am as He is, which establishes the fulfilled Law in us.

Phillip

2011/8/4 16:25Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I think Oracio here is when people will disagree on this thread. When you said we do not fulfill the law perfectly in this life.The question arise, what do we do when we fail to fufill the law perfectly? do we repent or do we just go on believing we are not under condemnation? Those who say we are no longer under the law will find no necessity to repent, but if you notice the argument the Apostle is using is " We are no longer under the law because the flesh is dead" Since dead flesh does not sin, then there is no need for the law. But if we sin, that proves that the flesh is not dead, and therefore we are still under the law. For the law is made to restrain sinners 1 Tim: 1: 9,10

2011/8/4 16:28Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

You are right Christinyou,
Paul says we are not under any law, but you seem to forget the ground upon which he builds his argument. He says we are not under the law because the flesh is dead. Dead flesh does not sin.

2011/8/4 16:32Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: For the love of Christ constraineth us!

tuc,
Do you then believe in "Sinless perfection"?

2011/8/4 16:35Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Christinyou,
In your first post I followed your thought until you said this: "Even if I fall into the old man mold and sin, it no longer has a hold over me"

I just want to direct your attention to the argument Paul puts forth in Rom 7 in the OP.

He says: the old nature and sin no longer has hold over me because it is dead.

But you said: " If I fall into the mold of the old man and sin, it no longer has a hold over me."

Your statement cantains a contraditon, if it has no hold over you, you can not fall into its mold.
But if you fall into its mold, then it has a hold over you. It is the one or the other. It can not be both.

2011/8/4 16:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy