SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 **Concerned

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Freerider

Re:

There are always mixed feelings about "Kingdom Theology". Jesus prayed, Thy kingdom come, thy will be done to the Father. That's the best way to live, pursue it! In my life, I've been in the middle of revivals where God poured out His Spirit in an amazing way, and I can say through experience that when I've encountered Him, a spirit of love and compassion overtook my life. I couldn't look at a person anymore without seeing his eternal soul that was lost without God. To be consumed with Him so much in my life is my desire. Bill Johnson preached on honor, and also mentioned purity many times. To let the Holy Spirit flow in your life will clean you up, and show to "stuff" that shouldn't be there. More of you Lord is my prayer for myself and the church...consume us with Your love, and love the world through us to show them your Son Jesus.

2011/8/6 9:57Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 **Concerned

Matthew 24:6-13

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2011/8/7 5:02Profile
callingjill

Re: End Times

I do believe we are in the end times, and Jesus Culture is an indication of it as God is bringing his people together and pouring out his spirit on them. Every speaker pointed the way to our lord Jesus. Every testimony I heard was excitement over the Holy Spirits presence and how God would now use them. Jesus has asked for our unity, not for us to be divisive. There has not been one thing that I heard that I couldn't find biblical basis for.

2011/8/8 1:38Profile
Changomono

Re: Jesus Culture False Teaching/Bethel Church

Hello brethren,

I've watched many Bill Johnson videos, and was learned about Jesus Culture when they came to Chicago last year.

Jesus Culture is the worship band that Bethel sends to bring young people out, then has teaching from either Johnson, Banning Liebscher, or Kris Valloton.

I was planning to attend, and started to look into the speakers. As others have written, it sounded fine, but I started to sniff a rat when the Lord orchestrated some chance meetings with people who have been following and practicing Bethel teachings for some time. (Bethel's teachings are a blend of Word-of-Faith and Latter Rain, both of which have long been condemned as aberrant ---inconsistent with orthodox Christian doctrine and practice. They also fall under related teachings called the "prophetic movement," "third wave," "manifested sons of God", "river theology," "signs and wonders" etc.)

The more I learned about Bethel, it's roots, origins, affiliations and teachings, the more horrified I was about what I was learning. It is well-documented for the following false teachings that elevate man and diminish God through mixing truth with error in such extreme and yet subtle ways that it would be appropriate to classify Bethel as a non-Christian cult teaching doctrines of demons, another Christ, and another gospel.

These errors include:

* occultic practice, necromancy, divination, spiritism
* an aversion to the preaching of the gospel
* denial of Christ's divinity (Bethel's teaching is that Christ was a man who became God by being "smeared" with the Holy Spirit after His baptism in the Jordan) and that He had to be "born again" after the resurrection
* "open" theology that denies God's sovereignty
* a low view of the Bible which elevates experience over doctrinal truth or even scrutiny
* frequent claims of visits to Heaven, and of angels, angel feathers, gold dust and teeth appearing miraculously
* "worship" services that include such practices as "fire tunnels" that are characterized by uncontrollable shaking, laughing, spasmodic jerking, falling, gibberish and possession by spirits unknown

Bill Johnson, himself, is formerly from the Assemblies of God, which in a 1999 doctrinal statement, condemned the prophetic movement. He and Bethel's related teachers base their theology on confirmed heresies and false prophets such as John G. Lake and William Branham, who Bethel claims as the fathers of "revivalists", but whose ministries ended in disgrace to the faith handed down to us.

Bethel's interrelated ministries and teachers include: International House of Prayer, Mike Bickle; Todd Bentley, Fresh Fire Ministries; Benny Hinn, Benny Hinn Ministries; T.D. Jakes, the Potter's House; John Crowder, Sons of Thunder; Patricia King, Rick Joyner, Che An, and Peter Wagner.

Johnson is among this group of individuals who have appointed one another as "apostles" (hence, the term New Apostolic Reformation), who they predict will soon reign, popishly, over cities, and all Christians accountable to them.

I and others who have followed this movement since it came to Chicago last year, gathered material here, that I encourage you to examine in depth to understand the depth of the deception coming from Bethel and related teachers:

Here are two quotes from Johnson that characterize his teaching:

It’s difficult to expect the same fruit of the early church when we value a book they didn’t have, more than the Holy Spirit they did have… It’s not Father, Son and Holy Bible. – Bill Johnson

Many Christians miss out on God encounters because they are satisfied with good theology. – Bill Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://jesuscultureawakening.blogspot.com/
http://jesuscultureawakening.blogspot.com/2012/04/jesus-culture-more-false-teaching.html
http://jesuscultureawakening.blogspot.com/2012/04/warning-jesus-culture-opens-door-to.html
http://jesuscultureawakening.blogspot.com/2012/03/part-2-jesus-culture-call-for.html

2012/4/20 0:33Profile

Re:

Quote:
I do believe we are in the end times, and Jesus Culture is an indication of it

I agree with this part of the prior statement. Spiritual deceptions such as this are quite an indicator to begin to mark the great falling away, when people depart from sound doctrine and give ear and heart to the spiritual deception that Jesus promised would be manifested in the last days.

It only took about a few seconds on YouTube to find that Bill Johnson along with false prophet Rick Joyner, had a hand in "restoring" heretic Todd Bentley. On top of that, if they're associated in any way shape or form with John Crowder and the heretical "Sons of Thunder Pub", discerning Christians should have nothing to do with this, and should be quite scared to call this an outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

This is a "move of God" if you will, I won't deny that. But not the kind that the propagators claim.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Jesus never promised specifically end times revival. He did promise end times deception however.

Be discerning.

2012/4/20 6:11

Re:

Thank you both for your posts, Changomono and EverestoSama. I didn't know that Bentley was back at it. The whole of this groug is shocking and very discouraging, considering they're targeting the young, though I see so many 'adults' in this movement. This stuff grieves one to tears. How they HATE the Word of Truth - Who is Christ Himself.
Hasten the Day, LORD.

2012/4/20 13:35
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Johnson is among this group of individuals who have appointed one another as "apostles" (hence, the term New Apostolic Reformation), who they predict will soon reign, popishly, over cities, and all Christians accountable to them.

I am curious how they think they are going to make "all Christians" accountable to them?

1Co 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Pilgrim

2012/4/20 15:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am curious how they think they are going to make "all Christians" accountable to them?

It's probably their gross interpretation of the second chapter of Joel, many thinking that they're part of "Joel's Army" (which is tattooed right across the front of Todd Bentley's chest for all to see if any are in doubt). A part of "Triumphalism" (the misconstrued version) and "Latter Rain" rubbish. And in one sense they very well may be right.

Contextually, the army like locusts was the Babylonian army sent as a judgement by God to punish backslidden Isreal, who God destroys Himself later in the chapter. Likewise in Revelation 9 we see a similar army of locusts released upon the earth, who are the demonic cohorts of anti-christ. THIS is Joel's army contextually. The army who carries out His Word? Yes. However, it's carried out in partnership with Satan.

So...

Joel's Army: A last days army who will take over the entire world for Christ themselves, and hand over a conquered and ruled world to Christ upon his second coming?

No, they're most certainly not that (as such an army does not/cannot exist).

Joel's Army: The wicked cohorts of anti-christ sent as a judgement by God against the backslidden in the last days?

There's a bill they could fit!

So in one sense they could be right. They very well might be a type or part of Joel's Army.

2012/4/20 21:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy