SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 **Concerned

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
face_down

Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 **Concerned

Not sure if any of you know but many people including my friends & family are going to the Jesus Culture Awakening Conference currently happening in Chicago (8/3rd-5th/2011). People from all around the world are viewing this (in attendance/internet stream). I know most are going primarily for the music. I am concerned for those coming to this event primarily for the music (Hillsong United & Jesus Culture)yet gets influenced by the speakers (Bill Johnson of Bethel Church, Reinhard Bonnke, Cindy Jacobs, Banning Liebscher of Bethel Church, Lou Engle, Sean Smith). I've told my family & friends to practice Biblical discernment. I know there is no perfect ministry,church, or good person yet I don't think we ought to ignore the leaven that will eventually leaven the rest. I don't believe in church bashing but the darkness needs to be exposed of its false teachings. Google 'Jesus Culture Awakening' and look into it yourself but practice biblical discernment. I just watched it and heard only a push for a generation of leaders to heal (signs and wonders). I didn't hear a coming to repentance & forgiveness and the grace we receive from the LORD and growing in the LORD. Maybe I'm missing something. What are your thoughts? Here is an example of the nonsense they will here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhG1x4fOtBw&NR=1 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWeUNoR30_0

2011/8/3 22:55Profile
Freerider

Re: Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 **Concerned

I think the main push of this event is the taking back our country, generation of youth, revival to spread in our land, and for God to move on the lives of the lost that they might find Him. Tens of thousands of teenagers and young adults meeting together to seek God and worship, I can't see why you would think anything is wrong with this. I have much respect for Bill Johnson and Reinhardt Boneke. Repentance and forgiveness is a virtue we should practice everyday in our lives, and if you're a teenager seeking after God, you know how to do it. These kids are here to receive something many of them may not be getting in their home church. If you have concerns, just pray over this conference as the Holy Spirit may lead you, and pray that revival may stir in each and every life. My kids are at this conference, and I have much confidence in their descernment. Their hearts are after souls.

2011/8/4 21:03Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25
Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not.
Mat 24:27
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28
For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

2011/8/4 21:27Profile
Freerider

Re:

http://awakening2011.com/videos/jesus-culture-band-reinhard-bonnke This link should take you to the site to watch if you haven't already. I suggest you watch. It will be going on tomorrow night, also.

2011/8/4 22:55Profile
callingjill

I watched that clips and many other and think his teaching is sound. He always has pointed to our resurrected Jesus as our salvation and I have heard multiple services online where he talks about the need for repentance and is constantly talking about spiritual growth. I think the speakers listed are amazing men/women dedicated to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. That gospel clearly states that signs and wonders will follow those who believe. That is what proves the reality of a living God. I just wish I could afford to be there.

2011/8/5 2:05Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Mat 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2011/8/5 2:23Profile
Freerider

Re:

Bill Johnson will be speaking tonight. I've listened to him a few times. He is pretty good. My daughter texted me today and she said the Spirit of God was really filling that stadium last night. I watched it on the internet and could feel the Lord, especially when Pastor Bonhnke was praying over the crowd and people were being filled with the Holy Spirit. God is wanting to pour revival out on this country! Reinhart Bonhnke is used to seeing miracles and healings over in Africa, if only the Lord would do it here. It will probably take a generation of young people that are just bold enough to step out and let God use them.

The next scripture, v.22 talks about building your house on the rock, and your house standing when the rains and floods come. The rock, being Jesus Christ, is a solid foundation, and to build your life on this rock just to have God say you did it wrong, doesn't seem like a just God to me. My interpretation of this scripture has always been those who haven't accepted Jesus as the Messiah. I believe if one is going after Christ, the Holy Spirit is there to lead and guide. If you feel this is a counterfeit move of God, then by all means pray and intercede for these kids.

2011/8/5 19:37Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

1Pe 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

1Pe 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2Pe 2:22
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog [is] turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2011/8/5 21:11Profile
Freerider

Re:

‎"I am designed to live under the influence of the King and His Kingdom, and I must make sure the right things make an impact on me so that my impact on the world around me is what God intends." Bill Johnson

2011/8/5 23:34Profile
EvangelTam

Hey I watched the video it seems pretty legit I can see how it can be taken the wrong way though here is my theology that backs what he is saying with scripture of course:

GOD CAN TECHNICALLY DO ANYTHING so in one sense He is NOT limited to us BUT He has chosen to use us to show Himself to others. That actually glorifies His name because He used the most useless things in the world and made them useful! From God haters to history makers to fishing for fish to fishing for men.

thats why in 2 Corinthians its says we have these treasures in earthen vessels!

thats part of it but in the context of the above in addition to this:

The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men. Psalm 115:16

Also ref.
Genesis 1:28-30

soo God gave the Earth to us to rule over it. So that now its our responsibility. When we sinned we allowed sin to enter the world our irresponsibility.

Why didn't God take back the Earth He gave to us? We just messed it up so bad. He did go ok Adam you messed up the Earth what a fine job you did I'm taking it back now.

Instead He cursed it (check genesis He curses the ground too lazy for reference)

Its cuz God already gave it to us its ours now
Its like when someone gives you a present its your now so even if you break it, they cant be like pay for it back because its yours.
Also its not in God's nature to take because of His love and its also part of His grace

So basically thats why He came up with an amazingly perfect plan planned from eternity to take the earth back for Himself by becoming a man =)

2011/8/5 23:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy