SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians and mental illness...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Hopeful1,

If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

2011/8/7 20:13Profile
MeriBeth

Atlanta

Hold every thought Captive

Hopeful1
You answer all of your questions and it is clear you are on the right path. You can not live without the peace of God .. so do everything to have it.
Here is your test ... what are your thoughts?... Do this First!
Philippians 4:8
8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

How do your thoughts measure up to the above verse. If they do not... repent and return to the Lord.
When Job was going through his greatest test in the School of Christ... he was wishing the day he was born was erased. Then God comes to him in a whirlwind
...asking him questions and turning his focus to God and God alone.
Job 38-42.
1Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

2I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

You are in a test in the School of Christ and the good news ... Jesus will take the test for you. It is His mind we must have... It's the only way to pass.
You are in my prayers!
You will love this sermon...can't wait for you to listen!!!!!!

A Beautiful Mind by Edgar Reich

http://www.sermonindexpodcast.com/sermons/A%20Beautiful%20Mind%20by%20Edgar%20Reich.mp3

2011/8/7 21:30Profile

Re:

Hi and Welcome Hopeful!

So Blessed that you said - "I'm a Christian". Amen!

Secondly - you recognise that the "fear of not really being a Christian seems to be at the heart of it."

There's many questions that should be asked but the solution is always the same - Thank GOD only!

Some questions would be -

How long have you been Saved?

What type ministries have you sat under and what type books have you read?

What type people do you live with or associate with?

Do you feel convicted of some terrible and particular, obvious to you only, sin?

Is your homelife peaceful?

Is there anyone in your life, presently, that makes you feel anxious?

Can you pin point when this started and have you ever experienced the Peace of GOD and the joy of your salvation since you've known Him?

Have you been used by GOD since you've known Him?

Would you consider yourself a person that knows His Word?

Have you experienced good times in prayer since you've known Him?

How do you feel that you have failed Him, enough to no longer be Saved?

Do you still pray for others and feel faith that GOD will answer for these people?

You don't have to answer these on here, but they may give you an idea about yourself and if you may just be under attack from the outside by the enemy - the accuser of the brethren. Rev 12:17

The Blessings of His Sweet Peace to you and Rest.
Rest for as long as you need to, but read His Word as much as you can while you're resting.

If you're in an environment where it's difficult to get rest - we can pray about that also.

The LORD Jesus Bless you and He'll keep you - even if your faith is thinner than a hair's breath.

Shalom and don't ever give up the fight!

2011/8/7 22:22
Theophila

Re: Christians and mental illness...

As i read the responses, a dear friend's experience came to mind. He is a dyed-in-the-wool physician who once practiced medicine in a third-world nation. A patient had come with signs and symptoms of generalized anxiety. Something about the patient told him she was a believer. Most contrary to his medical training, he asked her if she believed in God's Word to deliver her and she answered, 'yes'. He proposed a trial; he gave her some Scriptures to meditate on and asked her to return in a week. If there was no change, he would proceed with medical treatment and she agreed.

She seemed to disappear after that. For months after, he wondered what had happened to her. One day, as is common in those areas of the world, he was in some public place when a happy voice called out to him, 'Doctor! doctor! don't you remember me?!'. He turned towards the voice and there was his 'long-lost' patient, smiling from ear to ear.

On further probing, she decided after the week's trial not to 'bother' the good man anymore since his 'prescription' had worked. Better still, she was still free of those problems.

I definitely believe medicine helps people struggling with mental issues. I also definitely believe the Word of God is able to save and deliver.

2011/8/10 19:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Theophila, I can testify to something similar.

When I was a young teen I was troubled with prolonged sinus problems: head stuffed, runny nose...I was also troubled with breathing problems which I now suspect was asthma. After I became an adult, was married, 1 Peter 5:6,7 spoke to me: It said to "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." I did. And my health problems became a bad memory! PTL! I do not recall having these particular health issues since although I did have bursitis in my shoulders at one point and when I applied 1Peter 5:7,8 I got the same results.

Makes one wonder how many illnesses are the result of failure to be obedient to this command? Can't judge others in this department, but you can judge yourself.

2011/8/10 20:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy