Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Individual personal retreat

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
davidtowers

England

Individual personal retreat

Hi,

I'm going away this weekend for a personal retreat and wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a book of the bible to study to help in personal reflection, or a programme that they have found helpful when doing a personal retreat for a couple of days?

Thank you and God bless,

David

2011/8/3 15:11Profile
davidtowers

England

Re: Individual personal retreat

Am going on retreat tomorrow so any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

David

2011/8/4 17:09Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Great to hear you are seeking the Lord in that way brother. Here's my two cents. I would recommend Matthew Henry's Unabridged Commentary to go along with your Study of the Word. I've read that George Whitefield read through that commentary a few times, the last time on his knees with the Bible and the commentary on his bed. I have found myself raptured in God's presence as I've Studied the Word with that commentary as an aid. I would recommend a spirit of prayer as you read the Word and the commentary if you decide to take it. May God bless your retreat to the Master and may you be filled and refreshed in your walk.

2011/8/4 18:14Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Choosing a portion of scripture prayerfully to memorize and commit to heart has been the catalyst for amazing personal retreats/times alone with the Lord. Memorizing, and then praying through the meaning of the text. Very fruitful. Hope you have a great time.

2011/8/4 18:22Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Colored pencils, pen and paper and your Bible. I think that's all you need!

God bless you on your retreat,
Lisa

2011/8/4 18:28Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I don't know of any books or programs that would be good although I am sure they exist. I suggest simply spending time before the Lord every day asking Him to reveal to you your own heart. That will be pretty powerful personal reflection I am sure. Spend time in the Word of God. I have nothing against books or programs, but I believe this to be the most powerful.

2011/8/4 18:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy