SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bored at prayer meeting - how about you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

If one attends a boring prayer meeting then one should ask himself how God must feel about it. We cannot afford to be anything but humble when we come before the throne as priests exalting our Most High God. If God would vomit the luke warm christian, I would fear likewise offering Him dead prayer. It should not be something we just feel uneasy about if it happens. It should be something we repent of and we should keep on repenting until we expose the flesh and truly see our deficiencies and need for Him.

2011/8/6 4:47Profile

Re: Bored at prayer meeting - how about you?

I think of intercession when I think of a prayer meeting, and none of it has to do with our personal agenda; but with the heart of God. What is Jesus' desire?

This is the only power in prayer, when prayer emits from the Throne, where Jesus dwells. When His heart is manifest.

Brokenness and dependence are the marks of real prayer. We cannot command God....we can beg Him though. Then our petitions aren't born out of our desire, but His response to a needy child He loves, and desires to Provide for.

15. "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."

"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."

A Deeper manifestation though, might be praying that His heart, and His heart alone is filled....that His Kingdom might fill the Earth, or parts of it, with the glory and honor that belongs to Jesus alone. Salvation! The backslider restored, the conviction of God to fall and souls repent and Believe upon Him, and become Born again. Only God can do this.

Unless you have learned how to touch God, your "prayers" are but chatter, and sounding brass.....no matter how many people are in attendance. This is what most prayer meeting are....just religious folks feeling better about themselves for being there...going through the motions.

Praying people learn in their secret chambers. God seeks worshippers, dependers..and it is impossible to separate worship and prayer...for they originate and are destined to the same location..and this can only be learned alone, and no man can teach you. When two or more of these folks get together, your going to find a prayer meeting.

2011/8/6 9:54
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re: Bored at prayer meeting - how about you?

that sounds to me that there is little or nothing of the manifest presence of god in your meetings. I would probably leave them too, when there is nothing of the manifest presence of god.

without God, every meeting is boring.

what can be done about that? How to "attract" the presence of god?

- total honesty/truth.
- humble yourself. don't look how the others are praying, wether they are fervent or not (it's not your problem, it is their problem). don't blame them, blame yourself.

it is probably not the time for "prayer meetings" for your church, but time for humbling. First comes humbling, then comes prayer. if you don't see this, ask god to break your heart.

(For example: in 1. Peter 3:7 God says, that the prayers of man will be cut off, if they don't honor their wifes...if you dont' honor your wife, all your prayers are useless, it's not time to pray, but to go to your wife and aks for forgiveness...)

2011/8/6 13:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy