SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why we are losing our children

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Resources

by dvndsn,

"...Voddie Baucham's "Family Driven Faith". Best resource I know for raising a Biblical family."

Voddie Baucham and his ministry is another which christians ought to get acquainted with. He offers some good resources as he addresses the faith and the family in a biblical way.

Another contributing factor to 'why we are losing our children' are the public/state school system.

To be released this month is the excellent documentary called "Indoctrination".

Below is from their website:

Indoctrination: To instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., esp. to imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

“IndoctriNation” is a 90-minute documentary film that takes the audience on a panoramic exploration of one of the most important and controversial issues in the history of mankind, the issue of education.

Traveling all over America with his family in a big yellow school bus and conducting a series of candid conversational interviews, Colin Gunn, a Scottish filmmaker, actor, and homeschool father of seven children living in Texas, is on a quest to discover the origins of our modern educational system.

What he discovers is a masterful design that sought to replace God’s recipe for training up the next generation with a humanistic, man-centered program that fragmented the family and undermined the influence of the Church and its Great Commission.

Part documentary, part testimonial -- a confessional and a rebuke, this film is above all a challenge and an encouragement to millions of Christians who need to know what history, experience, and the Scriptures have to say about what is perhaps the pivotal issue of our time: the discipleship and training of the next generation.

Ken Ham also has a book and DVD on this subject called "Already Gone".

May christians get a hold of these inspiring resources,and may God renew His people with a fresh zeal and passion for His Own Glory that our children may also be consumed by that fire of His Holiness.

Bless the LORD.

2011/8/6 1:17Profile

Re:

Jenny

You are very brave in coming on here but I am afraid that you will get nowhere and least of all with the strongest opposer to womans rights who in my opinion has been very offensive in telling you to go for help.

Misogynism is alive and well in the church, and granted worse in some countries than others. I can only speak for the UK. I have not read the book in question but judging by a few quotations, I can imagine what he has to say.

He is blaming Christian men for not being more authoritive in the home but the problem is the lack of sacrificial love towards the women they marry who have been abused by males all of their lives and treated as second class citizens. If a man loves a woman in a godly manner she will heal from this abuse but in many/most cases she does not and the relationship will have its tensions as a woman will not feel loved enough to submit.

A man who truly is a leader in the Biblical way will be serving not ruling. He has the responsibility that if it does not work out then he has lead his family in a wordly fashion and has abused his own power as the sex with most power. Women get angry about this abuse yet when they express it, like all abused minorities it is made out they are to blame for it all. The victim is further victimised. Very sad too when their sisters in the Lord turn a blind eye being in denial do not try to help put a stop to it.

The curse is on woman that they will be ruled by men and have their rights taken away, and this is the way of the world, but why I ask, when abuse due to colour and sex orientation are issues in this day, is misogynism allowed to continue unchallenged? It starts at a very early age when young boys are indoctrinated but why aren`t Christian men speaking out against it? The war between the sexes is coming from the curse so it should not be there in redeemed churches but it is.

I have read reports from women who have been rejected by their churches when their husbands have left them for other women. I was blissfully unaware of the attitude involved until I ended up divorced myself because my husband chose drink before his marriage and now I am an outcast in the church. I found out the hard way that even Christian men are woman haters though they hide it so well that they don`t even know it is there in themselves.

Please do not send me for help either ginnyrose, I could suggest you need it to remove your rose coloured spectacles.

2011/8/6 3:18
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Can of worms opened, unfortunately. Please remember this is a Christian forum and the outside world sees our interaction with one another. Will they know us by our love or by our heated debates?

*edit added*
I read some of Jenny's post and had a question for her, if she is willing to answer. You said you were offended when Lancaster said Man was made to lead women were made to follow, while I don't outright agree with such a statement is there something wrong with following? By getting angry at such a role seems silly to me, I love following, infact Im called to follow, follow who? Christ Jesus. Why despise following? Please understand me I am not a maleshovanist but this does make me curious.

Men in the home are the head of the household, Ephesians makes it pretty clear, but he is to "rule" like Christ "rule" His church with gentliness, Love, respect, long suffering, and humility. I read the bible and I don't read of a role where men lord over ruthlessly over the women but I do see two distinct roles in the home, where together a household is complete. Balance is key.

2011/8/6 7:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Brenda, it seems to me that most feminists are expecting the males to be a knight in shining armour awaiting to rescue them from all ills. Since this is not happening, they get angry. Women have learned that males are human beings with a selfish nature, just like themselves. Now, how on earth are you going to reconcile these two human beings who have vowed their futures to each other? Both selfish, both self centered - "I want" takes first priority - always. This is human nature which the scriptures define as the flesh.

Brenda, I grew up in a nuclear family, married almost 44 years and birthed four males and one female; had one brother, eight uncles, three aunts, 24 male cousins. Among these aunts and uncles there were two divorced and remarried. AND as people wandered away from God the divorced rate spiraled among my cousins of whom there were a total of 46. Do I have rose colored spectacles?

Brenda, no human being will be able to meet the expectations of an idealist, be it male or female. Let me ask you, have you met your husband's expectations in what he wanted to see in a wife? No. And neither did he meet your expectations which gives rise to your anger.

Scripture teaches us the importance of forgiveness. This act is best learned in the family setting in which all are born with the sinful nature in its raw form. How can one live in harmony with this nature at work in its members? Ahhh, this is why forgiveness is an essential ingredient in human relationships. This is where forgiveness is learned so when one grows up he/she will be enabled to exercise this act -dismantling any idealistic image of male/female relationship.

Has my husband always done the right thing? No. Has his wife? No. Have I ever wondered why on earth I married? Yes. Has my husband ever acted selfishly? Yes - he just did yesterday and it annoyed me to no end. BUT I vowed to be faithful until death does us part and with this vow, God is holding me accountable so I choose to forgive, and love him anyways. Oh, yes, I did share my frustration with him about what he did, and he learns and so do I. Whining will get you nowhere, by the way.

Brenda, ever consider this: would you like to be married to someone like yourself? Now be honest! When this thought entered my brain, I was appalled. What does this teach you? If you are honest you will have to admit you also have serious flaws that need remedying.

Brenda, what has been the result of suppressed anger/unforgiveness? How has it benefited society? Obviously, it has not helped you any. Families break up, drug abuse rises, illegitimacy rises, poverty is on the rise. All because females choose to go their own way without male leadership providing for them.

Having said all this I am well aware of lack of godly male leadership in society. It is because of this that there males who are encouraging others to take the leadership role to provide for their wives and children. A male thinks differently then a female - God made it this way. Many times these methods of thinking conflict with each other, especially when either one is infected with a selfish mentality. And males do not have the corner on this, females have plenty.

You complained about misogynism being alive a well in the church. So, you find males that you dislike? Sure, I do, too. But Scripture teaches us that wives are to submit to their own husbands - it does not say to every other male around you. You are to focus your submission on your own husband and leave the others be. You have no obligation to them apart from polite courtesy. Still, there are times when one must submit to authority in society, church in order to have an orderly society. If everyone is self-serving nothing will work.

AND this is why we all need the LORD in order to live harmoniously in our family, in our church in or community.

My spectacles are, by the way, not rose colored but bifocal!

2011/8/6 8:09Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Genesis 3:16 (NLT)

Then he said to the woman,
“I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy,
and in pain you will give birth.
And you will desire to control your husband,
but he will rule over you.[a]”

Found this interesting in light of the discussion.

2011/8/6 8:42Profile
savannah

Re: Gospel Centered Marriages

For those who are able and who may be interested there's a conference addressing "Gospel Centered Marriages" in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Asley,N.C. October 27-29.

Designed to bring parents and their marriage age children together to consider the biblical doctrine of marriage with the aim of God-centered marriages, this conference will seek to reset our thoughts about marriage and prepare the rising generation for marriages that glorify God.

Some of the speakers will be Paul Washer,Doug Phillips,Kevin Swanson and Scott Brown(co-producer of the Divided Documentary and author of A Weed in the Church).

A help to prepare your children for marriage.

You may click on the link below for more info:

http://www.ncfic.org/gcm-about

2011/8/7 8:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy