SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Powerful Sermon On America and the American Church!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Powerful Sermon On America and the American Church!

A couple weeks ago our pastor laid down a sermon that will rattle your bones. This is a commentary on America and the pitiful state of trusting in politics instead of Christ, and more importantly; the pitiful state of the American Church.

http://discipleman.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/powerful-sermon-on-america-and-the-american-church/

Krispy

2011/7/30 9:09

Re: Powerful Sermon On America and the American Church!

So has anyone listened to this? I would be interested in hearing some thoughts on this. It touched me deeply (obviously because I generally dont post things like this on SI)

Krispy

2011/8/1 11:51
mama27

Re:

I am going to try to listen to this today - I saw it posted the other day and then "lost it" :) I am very interested in the topic as it seems to me just like it was after 9/11 - getting people to consider what God might be saying, but then going back to life as usual so soon afterward. I will try to comment after I am able to listen....

Also praying for you re your job and direction....

God bless you! (and thanks for posting this)

2011/8/1 12:00Profile
mama27

Re:

I thought it was a fantastic sermon, and I highly recommend it. He preached it hard. I was especially moved that he said he would never shy away from speaking out from the pulpit. I appreciated his mention of the greats in past preachers... I believe we may not be far away from a day when speaking TRUTH is considered "hate speech"....you are very blessed to go to a church with a pastor as you have. As he said, we are lacking strong preachers in our day...If your pastor's weekly sermons are available online, I believe people here may be interested in the link. And then, as always, we need to look at our own life to see if we are indeed walking in righteousness (not legalism)....

Thank you so much for posting such a fine message!

2011/8/1 14:19Profile

Re:

www.thecalvaryfellowship.org

2011/8/1 14:40
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Great message here! First pastor I have heard who said he doesn't care if the church loses the IRS tax exempt status for what he says.

The only way this message who have any traction is if enough people grab hold of it and takes it to the streets.

He mentioned in there that christians don't know their history. Isn't that ironic? Even the media pick up on this with some of the political candidates who want to show themselves as conservatives and christians. I think of Palin and Bachmann.

2011/8/1 14:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy