SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Zac Poonen at RLCF Family Conference this weekend (July 29-31) with live broadcast

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rlcfchurch

Loveland, Colorado, USA

Zac Poonen at RLCF Family Conference this weekend (July 29-31) with live broadcast

Brother Zac Poonen will be speaking at RLCF this weekend (July 29-31) at the RLCF Family Conference 2011.

Schedule (all times US MDT = GMT-6:00):

Friday:
6:30pm – 8:00pm : Session 1

Saturday:
9:00am – 10:30am : Session 2
11:00am – 12:15pm : Session 3
1:15pm – 2:30pm : Session 4 (Married Couples)
3:00pm – 4:30pm : Session 5 (Q & A)
6:30pm – 8:00pm : Session 6

Sunday:
10:00am – 11:15am : Session 7
11:45am – 1:00pm : Session 8

Venue Details:

River of Life Christian Fellowship
http://rlcfchurch.org
1306 N Lincoln Avenue
Loveland, CO - 80537

The sessions will also be broadcast live at:

http://rlcfchurch.org/live-webcast

2011/7/29 14:55Profile
rlcfchurch

Loveland, Colorado, USA

Re: Zac Poonen at RLCF Family Conference this weekend (July 29-31) with live broadcas

Streamed Video and Audio of all sessions available at:

http://rlcfchurch.org/our-position-in-christ

2011/8/2 12:52Profile
rlcfchurch

Loveland, Colorado, USA

Re: Notes from the messages

The following are notes from Zac Poonen’s messages at RLCF Family Conference 2011. Video and audio of the messages are available at:

http://rlcfchurch.org/our-position-in-christ

The Thoughts of God
- The reason for the unrest and unanswered prayer in many people’s lives is that they are working for God without listening to Him. “One thing is needful” – to listen to God’s thoughts (Luke 10:42).
- Jesus is called “the Word” because He expressed God’s thoughts when He was on earth.
- God could have added 10 more verses to the Scriptures to clear up many doctrinal issues that divide Christians. But He didn’t. He wants us to love others when they don’t agree with us.
- It’s good to meditate on “Christ in you” (Colossians 1:27). But you have to be spiritually-minded to know “you in Christ” (as in Ephesians 1). Then you will understand the truths of being seated in heavenly places, the church being Christ’s Body, putting away ALL anger, being filled with the Spirit, godly family relationships, etc.
- If you are really filled with the Holy Spirit, you will love money much less – because Jesus didn’t love money and the Holy Spirit is His Spirit.
- It is in Christ that God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3). And, it is in Christ that God chose us before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His eyes (Ephesians 1:4).
- People who emphasize respect for the physical book of the Bible would do better to actually believe and obey it!
- It is more important that you receive the spirit of wisdom and revelation from God than that you have natural intelligence.
- Natural intelligence is a spiritual handicap, and depending on it for spiritual things is like walking on a lame leg. If you are “unfortunate” enough to be intelligent, then seek to become like a babe (Matthew 11:25) – be humble and don’t depend on your intelligence.
- God has allowed numerous things in nature – such as the sun appearing to revolve around the earth, and the earth apparently stationary (even though it is rotating at 1000 miles per hour) – to teach us that our senses can deceive us.
- You may have been freed from legalism enough to realize that Christ’s righteousness alone is acceptable to God. But, have you realized that Christ’s wisdom alone is acceptable to God (I Corinthians 1:30)?

Having Christ’s Attitude to Temptation
- Most Christians don’t really believe that if you cannot control your tongue your Christianity is worth zero (James 1:26)!
- When the Holy Spirit fills you, He will give you power to control your “mother tongue”! The tongue of fire preceded the speaking in other tongues on the day of Pentecost (See Acts 2:3-4). Satan can counterfeit other tongues but he cannot enable you to control your mother tongue.
- If you’ve been a Christian for even a few years, you ought to have begun to know the thoughts of God – just like a wife would, who has been living with her husband for a few years.

Totally Given to Christ
- Many make an implicit “peace pact” with Satan saying, “I won’t trouble you. So please don’t trouble me.” We must make no such pact but be determined to trouble Satan wherever we go!
- If you really believe that Jesus lived the most successful life ever, you will be passionate about studying God’s Word to know the secret of His inner life.
- Preachers who run up and down the stage drawing attention to themselves while preaching, haven’t seen the way Jesus preached.
- Because Jesus gave all that he had to the Father (John 17:10) the Father gave all that he had to Jesus (John 11:41-42). This is what it means to do all things “as unto God” (Colossians 3:23).
- “IT (any experience) will never satisfy you. Only HE (Jesus) can!” It is when you seek the Baptizer that you will be truly baptized in the Holy Spirit.
- To set our mind on things above is to be like a rubber band whose fixed point is in heaven and that is stretched to the things of earth whenever necessary, but which rebounds back to heavenly things when released. If it is the other way around, then we are earthly-minded.

Building a Godly Home
- One true mark of leadership is that you are willing to do the most menial job for others.
- The most important thing you can do for your children is pray that they will grow up to be disciples of Jesus.
- It is important to give your children a dual inheritance of peace and faith.

Three Things We Must Know
- The eyes of our hearts must be enlightened to know: (1) the hope of His calling; (2) that God became rich when He got us; (3) how amazingly great His resurrection power is, which lifts us up when we believe (Ephesians 1:18).
- Jesus said in John 14:9 that those who had seen Him had seen the Father. To be a witness for Christ means to be able to say, “If you have seen me you have seen Jesus” (John 20:21).
- If you have to defend yourself in any situation, it’s because you’re NOT completely hidden in Christ (Colossians 3:3). If your life is hidden in Him, you will be the apple of His eye (Zechariah 2:8), and He will defend you!
- Our lives would be so much more peaceful and authoritative, if we always lived before the Lord’s face as Elijah did (I Kings 17:1).
- God gave us people to love and things to use. The Devil has reversed that in the world.
- Most people who pray, “Make me like Jesus”, don’t even know how Jesus lived His daily life on earth!
- The real Jesus is the most interesting person one can be with.
- If you keep 2 goals in your life: to trust every promise in God’s Word and to obey every command therein, you will be able to rejoice in every circumstance.

Jesus’ Body Today
- The teaching of Jesus is as far removed from the teaching of modern psychology as heaven is above the earth (Isaiah 55:9).
- Many Christians are good people. But they are not progressing spiritually. They are getting 100% in the same kindergarten class, year after year!
- Here is a picture of body-life: My two hands have never ever fought with each other! God wants the Body of Christ to be like that in our homes and our churches.
- A prophet of God is usually considered a heretic in his own generation, but recognized and admired after his death. Christians admire the great men of God who lived in past generations but are unable to recognize through whom God is working today.
- The wise men became foolish when they stopped following the star, and used their intelligence and assumed that Christ would be born in a large mansion (Matthew 2:1-2). Most Christians make the same mistake today when looking for the body of Christ.
- Luke’s titles his first book (Luke’s Gospel) as, “All that Jesus began to do and teach (through His physical body)” (Acts 1:1). The title for his second book (Acts) would therefore be, “All that Jesus continued to do and teach (through His spiritual body)”. The Holy Spirit is still writing this book today.
- It’s no use saying that a church was fresh and powerful once upon a time. That is like saying that the fish being sold was fresh once upon a time. The question is: “Is it fresh now?”
- If you look for a respectable church, you will almost certainly join a Babylonian church. But if you look for the anointing of God, you’ll find the church where God dwells. God is still calling His people to “come out of Babylon” (Revelation 18:4).
- The Devil does not mind if you keep preaching forever about the worldwide “Body of Christ” so long as you do not commit yourself to a local body of believers to be the local body of Christ.
- People who expect the church to be a democracy wouldn’t dare to practice democracy in their own homes, by giving each of their children one vote! That’s because they value order in their own homes more than in God’s church!

The Law of Love
- The two-fold title of the Devil is: the deceiver of the world and the accuser of believers (Revelation 12:9-10).
- When God was making Adam from mud, if He came across a hard lump that refused to be broken in His hand, He would have tossed it away and picked up another lump that was willing to yield to His crushing. The hard lump would have remained mud, but the yielded lump would have become part of a living body, when God breathed His life into it. The same is true of how Christ’s Body is being built today with broken people.
- If you want to reduce your “church” from a mixed multitude of many people to a powerful church of eleven, study Jesus’ method in John 6.
- The only people who are fit to build the Body of Christ are those who accept rebuke and don’t get offended (Matthew 16: 23 and Matthew 11:6).
- When I was a young believer, I knew Jesus loved me because He died for me (John 3:16). Today I know He loves me, because He rebukes me and disciplines me (Revelation 3:19).
- Make this your prayer, “Lord, let the things that do not bother You never bother me. And let the things that bother You always bother me.”
- God didn’t reveal the plans of His temple to the man with the cleverest mind (Solomon), but to the man after His own heart (David - I Chronicles 28:11-19). He reveals His plans for the church also to such people today.
- Many people have theories and opinions about how to build the Church and criticize others. But they have never built a single local church themselves, anywhere.
- There’s a big difference between having been filled with the Holy Spirit at one point, and being full of the Holy Spirit; just like there is a difference between a car whose tank was filled with gasoline many years ago, and one that is always full of gasoline.
- I do not have the time to study Greek and Hebrew meanings of words, because I’m busy studying the life of Jesus.
- There is a big difference between Christ having a home in your heart and His feeling at home in your heart. For this to happen, your permanent address must be “love” (Ephesians 3:17).
- God is training us on earth through the circumstances we face to prepare us for rulership in His kingdom, where everything will be run according to the law of love.
- Be good to the children of others, and God will make sure that your children are taken care of.
- If you want to fight against Satan and his armies, you must determine that you will never fight against a single human being (Ephesians 6:12).

2011/8/18 16:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy