SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : which study Bible to buy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: which study Bible to buy?

The scriptures indeed are precious to me. They align me with truth. They wash my mind with it. Sometimes I sleep with my Bible too =).

I use my reference bible as a chain-reference and study the various similar verses/topics.

2011/7/26 15:18
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: which study Bible to buy?

I fall asleep reading the Bible fairly often. Does that count??? :-)

I am a beg fan of the KJV for study purposes. a NKJV might be a next best choice. I hear the NASB is good as well. The reasons are pretty simple. The KJV is the most common version as far as having many classical resources keyed to it. Lexicons such as Brown Driver Briggs or Strongs or Thayer are all keyed to the KJV. I also think the KJV a pretty reliable and true to the original translation. I don't know if I have enough knowledge to say it is the best as some do, but I have quite a bit of faith in it.

2011/7/26 18:08Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

"God has a way of revealing Himself and changing people! I am now very much "reformed"." - Krispy

Amen, had a similar experience myself. I have found myself to be very Reformed theologically. Interesting to see how God works in that way.

It's been mentioned here already, but I can certainly say that I like the Thompson Chain-Reference Bible a lot, it's probably the best study Bible I've looked at.

I also have the New Open Bible in KJV, it's pretty good, and has a large topical index in the front.

2011/7/26 21:03Profile

Re:

I also like the Thompson's Chain Reference. No comments just lots of scriptures chained by subject.

God has a way of revealing Himself and changing people. I am now very much informed. :-) (That's what your quote sounds like).

Julius

2011/7/26 23:00

Re:

I.wear the BDU pants that have the large cargo pockets. Aleays carry my New Testament in one of those pockets. Anytime I get a spare moment I pull ot out and read it. Do you know that there are times I get hooked on the N.T. I can hardly it it down. This ever happen to anybody? By the way I am not reformed. Used to be. Now simply a follower of Jesus.

2011/7/26 23:57
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

"God has a way of revealing Himself and changing people. I am now very much informed. :-) (That's what your quote sounds like)." - Julius

I didn't mean it that way at all, brother, I used to be very very anti-Reformed, in fact I was almost hardcore Arminian, but God changed me through my personal study of the Scriptures, whether or not that's your view, that's what God has done with me. That's all I intended, if it sounded wrong I apologize. If you have Christ, you have all the information you need.

And the Thompson-Chain Ref is awesome. :-)

2011/7/27 15:51Profile
Jessi

Ephrata PA

Re: Great Study Bible

Came across this post and couldn't resist sharing about my absolute favorite study Bible. :) It's called the Key Word Study Bible, available from AMG publishers (I ordered mine from Christian Book Distributors years ago, and I believe it's still available there.). It's absolutely wonderful, in that it has key words in the text numerically coded to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Strong's dictionaries, and a whole lot more. It's a good-sized volume, but I consider it indispensable. My copy is worn, torn, faded and water-warped, but still it's a gem I'm not willing to let go. :)
So...that's my ten cents.

2011/7/27 16:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy