SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prayers for Norway

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Prayers for Norway

A terrible tragedy had happened. There was a bombing and then a man dressed as a policeman shot and killed over 80 children on a island. It will be all over the news for weeks but the families and surviving witnesses need prayer.

2011/7/22 23:57Profile

Re: Prayers for Norway

This may be controversial, but I really believe playing these violent video games is an open door to coming under the control of demonic spirits. When you look at most of the high school shootings in America, these kids were also heavily into the video games.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html

2011/7/23 0:09
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

They are quoting the suspect to be a "Fundamentalist Christian" too. This is very sad.

The name of Christ defamed!

2011/7/23 23:11Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Anyone can call themselves a Christian but that doesn't make them one.

Westboro Baptist Church claims to be a Christian Church, too.

I read, yesterday of a Dr. who performs abortions and says he does it 'because he is a Christian.'

What is black is called white, wrong is called right.

They don't confuse me, I know who my Redeemer is. He shall set it all straight. Hold on, look up, he commeth.

2011/7/24 10:11Profile

Re:

Not trying to be funny given tbis tragedy, but are there any Christians in Norway? The mission profiles tend to treat it as a very secular country in need of Christ.

2011/7/24 12:24

Re:

From CNN: "A 32-year-old Norwegian was arrested and charged with terrorism, but police have not officially released his name. Local media has identified the man as Anders Behring Breivik, who has been described as a right-wing Christian fundamentalist."

No wonder that the name of Jesus is blasphemed among the world, it's so called nut jobs out there that use His name. I wonder what the backlash will be as a result of this.

I hate the word Christian.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.explosion/index.html?iref=obnetwork

2011/7/24 15:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy