SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Campus Crusade For Christ Drops the Name of Christ, for Cru.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Campus Crusade For Christ Drops the Name of Christ, for Cru.

Well Brothertom,

On my campus at University of Toronto Scarborough Campus, C4C (Campus for Christ) changed it's name to "Power to Change." Of course I was infuriated, knowing that Christ must have absolute preeminence, supremacy, centrality, and sovereignty over all things. When I told the C4C fellowship of the objection I had to the name change, they just gave me a weird look as if they were displeased with me.

I'M STILL CALLING IT [CAMPUS FOR CHRIST] UNTIL I DIE BRETHREN!

Even if they got use to the name change, I'm still calling it that, because Christ is my King and He deserves His Name to be proclaimed in this fellowship and campus!

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/2/1 17:02Profile
__

Wacky.

2012/2/1 18:31Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

The change in the name of the organization seems to me like a subtle shift of theological emphases, from being Christ-centered to man-centerned. No surprize, after all movements start in the Spirit and end in the flesh.

Why did they not change the word "crusade", instead of "Christ" ? Since in the muslim world or even our western world the word "crusade" brings to mind the religious fanatism of the crusaders of the middle ages.

The word Christ or the cross, will always be an offense to the world, this is a non-negotiable for christians. Throwing out the word "Christ" from the name of your organization, it's like throwing out the banner of your army in the battlefield, so not to be offensive to the enemy.

When a christian organization lowers its standards, its an indication of compromise. We are living in a post-modern culture, when the subject "YOU" is in fashion, and who else but the students in colleges are the first ones to flow with "the new tides" of post-modernity.

CRU, I guess that's a "smart move", but is it a move of the Spirit or a move of men? A name can be a reflection of the character of an organization or a movement, may be the new name fits the description of their character, at least they are honest about it.

2012/2/1 20:34Profile

CRU is too weird, given their history. CRU what?..Rock Band?

Well Brothertom,

On my campus at University of Toronto Scarborough Campus, C4C (Campus for Christ) changed it's name to "Power to Change." Of course I was infuriated, knowing that Christ must have absolute preeminence, supremacy, centrality, and sovereignty over all things. When I told the C4C fellowship of the objection I had to the name change, they just gave me a weird look as if they were displeased with me.

I'M STILL CALLING IT [CAMPUS FOR CHRIST] UNTIL I DIE BRETHREN!

Even if they got use to the name change, I'm still calling it that, because Christ is my King and He deserves His Name to be proclaimed in this fellowship and campus!

In Christ,

- Michael Liao............................................

Amen Michael! and whether they get it or not, this whole "CRU" thing is too weird for folks, especially old-line supporters. CRU sounds cultish...and this will backfire big-time on them. I think the Lord had his hand in their demise, for other issues....

2012/2/9 1:08

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy