SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My son is walking further away from God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

My son is walking further away from God

Please pray for my son, he has become very apathetic. At this point he seems to have pushed Jesus aside and is very much living for self. There things that I want to share with him, things I have tried to share with him but he just tells me that right now he does not know where he is, he says he knows he has pushed Jesus away. There is no alarm or fear, he is just so closed off. I have been praying for him, at one time he was so strong in following the Lord. He read his Bible for hours, spent time reading the many wonderful teachings here on SI and seemed to truly love the Lord. Please pray that God would get a hold of his heart. Please pray that his heart would no longer be hardened toward God.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/7/20 20:17Profile
mama27

Re: My son is walking further away from God

I can, and will, pray with ALL OF MY HEART!!

2011/7/20 21:13Profile

Thank God he read his bible hours on end, you have a hope dear Sister believe the word of God when it states.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old[er], he will not depart from it.

That is your promise to you today and everyday. He may have to "find himself" but be sure of this one thing, the SEED is in his heart and he will not depart from it, even though his flesh may take him some place else.

Years ago when I left home my Mother slipped me a letter to which I have always kept in my mind wherever I went. It was short and a loving letter. It was one of the few letters that I had received from her and it's one of the ones that kept me from going overboard in my time from home. She didn't tell me what to do, just a few guidelines.

Hang around people that will do you some good.

If you start to drink and are around people, keep your hand over your drink and/or your finger in the bottle.

Whenever you get in trouble, remember, you have a family that is here to help when you need us.

2011/7/20 22:13
browny

Will be praying for your son.
To embrace the love of Christ.
Pray for you as well..be of good hope..
Shalom sister!
browny

2011/7/20 22:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

thank you so much that have offered their prayers. I spent a good deal of time in prayer last night and I realize much of where I am today with my son is my own sin. God has shown me that I left him to himself much more then I should of. I took for granted that because he was reading his Bible and spending time in the Lord that he would be just fine but truth is I should have been praying all the more for him. When I first saw him pulling away I should have come up along side him and shared with him more. I look at him and I realize that he is suffering because of my sin and lack as a mother. God gave this wonderful gift to me and I in selfish living did not do all that I could and should have to point him to JESUS daily. My heart is very heavy today as it should be. My sin has caused much sorrow. I know God is faithful and HE will and does forgive me but sadly in life there are consequences to our sin and I am seeing some of the bad fruit of that sin before my eyes. I pray God will forgive me and that HE will touch my son,and all my children to soften our hearts that we might all repent and cry out to HIM. Thank you again.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/7/21 9:26Profile
mama27

It is good that the LORD showed you that MaryJane, but don't let the enemy get in there and paralyze you with grief either. For then you will not be able to pray. None of us measure up as parents to what God wants us to be, or even what we ourselves want to be. I have to focus with my sons on the truth that GOD loves them so much more than I do, and HE is able to get them to the place where HE wants them. I have a burden for your request - I will be praying....God bless you!

2011/7/21 9:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I found this blog and thought of all the parents of prodigals on this forum...I read some of it and find it heartwarming and thought it may edify other hurting moms and dads.

Here it is:

http://aheartforprodigals.blogspot.com/

Be encouraged...

ginnyrose

2011/8/10 18:30Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you, Ginny.....this and the "Tears in a bottle" thread were for me today, and others I'm sure....

MaryJane - wondering how things are going....am praying....

2011/8/10 19:16Profile

Re:

Hi Maryjane, God bless Sister. When you said that you left your son alone because you've seen him reading the bible and taking an active interest in the ways of God, I can't help but remember the times that my Mother did the same thing. But not all is lost. She prayed for me often with earnestness to protect me from the evil one, even with her prayers, I still went down a bad road. When I look back upon it, it was the best thing that I needed. Through it there were many times in my darkest moment living in a one room hovel far away from home, I cried unto God to help me. Even though the next day things were not better, yet He helped me to endure all my troubles. I have found the ones that God uses are those that cry unto Him when they need help, when they are at their weakest.

Your prayers should be, "Lord, wherever your taking my son through, keep him, don't let him die (except to self) and keep his mind intact." He will be alright!

My prayers are with you!

2011/8/10 21:01
HeartSong

Re:

Dear MaryJane,
The LORD does not talk to us of the things that we should have done, He only tells us of the things that we need to do - right now - in the present. It is the voice of the enemy trying to bring condemnation down upon you to paralyze you from doing whatever it is that the LORD would have you to do. Satan is always trying to get us to look back, or look forward, so we miss the moment that we are in - which is the only moment that we can affect by our reaction, or lack thereof, to the LORD's instruction. God bless you sister!

2011/8/11 2:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy