SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

External attacks as chastisement are not the same as what is being propagated here.

2011/8/5 15:56
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

It all comes down to; is God in control or man.

The will of man is not to choose God, no not one.

So God has to violate our will to save us and birth His Son in the believer. 1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Word of God is Christ. John 1 and Re 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. Jesus is the Incorruptable Seed of God that He has birthed in us, He did not ask us if we wanted to be Born Again, He just did it. That violates my will, praise God. He chose me, I did not choose Him and all I have to do is believe Christ is in me and the Holy Spirit begins His work in our soul/mind to teach all that Jesus said in His Word, says and will say. Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Jesus is the true God and He is our eternal life, "Not my will but yours be done".
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Joh 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

It is His will and work in us. Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/5 15:57Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Philip, God does not violate our will. We are not puppets.

Jesus-is-God, you are saying that God allows chastisement from Israel's enemies? That He allows Israel's enemies to invade them?

Did Israel do anything to open this door to chastisement by their enemies? If they are being chastised, they must have done something, right?

Thank you,
Sarah

2011/8/5 16:01Profile

Re:

I've held off saying this on any thread on demonology or the "mental illness" thread lest someone's imagination take over and they believe that this is what is presently happening to them, but one reason I hang on with such persistence, praying that we'll see that as long we are His temple, we cannot have demons 'in' us, Scripturally, is because of what is coming and what is already here.

We haven't seen anything yet, concerning all types of "warfare" and not only of the spiritual type.
We haven't seen anything yet, concerning the types of Deceptions that will be coming out and causing many to fall.

I recommend, just for one article, that you do a simple Search for this 'older' article -

"The Mind Has No Firewall" by Lieutenant Colonel TIMOTHY L. THOMAS - From "PARAMETERS, US Army War College Quarterly" - Spring "1998", pp. 84-92.

Contrary to the title of this report - A Spirit filled Christian who has their mind Filled with and renewed by The Word of GOD, DOES indeed have Him & His Word for a mental firewall.

If we continue to believe that the enemy of our souls has access to us beyond what is written - we ourselves have punched a hole in that firewall and are open to believe even more lies that will deceive us further in the end.

Please understand the days that we're living in and what He said will come, and know that no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

Eph 2:4-7 "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

that in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."

2011/8/5 16:14
sarahsdream

Re:

Dear Sister,

You mean well but you are changing the discussion.

Quote:
Contrary to the title of this report - A Spirit filled Christian who has their mind Filled with and renewed by The Word of GOD, DOES indeed have Him & His Word for a mental firewall.

We all agree about this, I am sure.

[qute] If we continue to believe that the enemy of our souls has access to us beyond what is written - we ourselves have punched a hole in that firewall and are open to believe even more lies that will deceive us further in the end.

We are exploring "what is written". We do not believe that the enemy has any access to us unless we allow it, or unless the Lord sovereignly allows it as in the case of Job.

What we are exploring is how much access the powers of darkness have to a Christian in willful, habitual sin. And nt to take away from staff's questions, either.

Thank you,
Sarah

2011/8/5 16:19Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:
""Philip, God does not violate our will. We are not puppets.""

No we are just clay pots.

Quote: """What we are exploring is how much access the powers of darkness have to a Christian in willful, habitual sin. And nt to take away from staff's questions, either."""

None, it is all on me when I am carried away by my own lust. Which if you want, Satan is the author and perfector of my sin. I don't need a demon to sin, I handle that all on my own.

Romans 9:14-23 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

The violated will of man is the only way we can be saved, Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

2011/8/5 17:03Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Again, Philip, we never said, "we need a demon to sin".

Thanks for your opinion.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/8/5 17:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD

You are right, I fear we are giving Satan what he loves, recognition.

Ephesians 6:12-18 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

This is my prayer that we all know where we stand, God having provided the whole Armour of God, Jesus Christ, as He stood, so do we. 1 John 4:17-19 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

The love of Christ casts out all fear, that includes demons

2011/8/5 17:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"In Christ,
Sarah"

Amen

2011/8/5 17:43Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Jesus is God,
Whether I have an agenda or not is irrelevant,Jesus asked slick questions as well to help people think and understand.He had an agenda.
In fairness I was asked by Christ in you to say what was on my mind.
I have brought up points that you refuse to engage with.
Again I ask the question that I think all people who believe that a christian cannot have a demon should be able to answer.
When a person that has a type of demon that manifests itself like the deaf and dumb demon becomes indwelt by the Holy Spirit why do we not see these manifestations recorded in the word or even why do we not hear of such things happen at for instance at Billy Graham crusades?
Yours Staff

2011/8/5 18:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy