SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : divorce and remarry?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: Lysa

Love ya Neil!

Krispy

2011/7/22 12:43
keepingfaith

Re: Savannah

I don't know if you read me right, but it doesn't appear so though. But, you don't have to read anything I say- I posted several scriptures from the first 3 gospels that are usually printed in red, did I not?
The real question would be:
Did you read those scriptures that I posted at all? What was ambiguous about what Jesus Himself said?
7 TIMES! HE LINKED DIVORCE, THAT WAS THEN FOLLOWED BY A SUBSEQUENT "REMARRIAGE" with the ACT OR COMMISSION OF ADULTERY ( a sexual act of defrauding another married person's spouse).

How do you counsel anyone who is committing a sexual sin? What do say to a pedophile who anally rapes a small child?- do you sugar coat it, and justify why it would be inappropriate to confront something so blatantly evil?
No because remarriage is esteemed by christians (fake ones) but pedophilia and sodomy are looked at as somehow different because of the warped standard of righteousness that people in churches use.

Look at Luke 16:18 where Jesus said EVERYONE WHO DIVORCES in context

Luke 16: 14 Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things and were scoffing at Him. 15 And He said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts; for that which is highly esteemed among men is detestable (HATED, ABOMINABLE) in the sight of God.

16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it. 17 But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.

18 “Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries one who is divorced from a husband commits adultery.

christians -self proclaimed,...

(I call them christians because they call themselves that not because they are actually following or serving Him- they are of their father the devil)-
1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious:

(These people are obviously "practicing" adultery which is sin therefore making them satan's children.)

anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.)

...divorce their spouses by COVENANT:

Gal. 3:15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it.

THEN ENTER INTO ILLICIT UNIONS BEFORE AN ASSEMBLY OF WITNESSES IN A CHURCH BUILDING. These "unions" are highly esteemed and honored BUT JESUS SAYS THAT GOD HATES THEM AND THEY ARE ABOMINABLE TO HIM.
Now if you want truth go and listen to the interview I directed you to listen to, to find out on your own why God is not sanctifying a single remarriage where a covenant spouse ( first marriage for both parties) is still living.

These people are not believers they are rebels and adulterous whores and whore-mongers according to the scriptures they emptily profess to believe.
Hope that clears that up for you, Savannah
It's 100% true.
Now I am waiting to see if you will acknowledge what Jesus plainly stated about everyone who does such and such...
or instead, I will see your reply filled with scriptures that refute me, thereby proving that what He said really doesn't mean what I have so horribly misapplied.
yeah, this just another trivial (adultery) matter that doesn't merit any real consensus among people who name Christ as Lord. Would we be having this discussion on whether or not sodomy is sinful?- No we wouldn't, but here is something else to ponder:
Jesus did not mention a man lying with another man even once in the gospels, but I just showed you where He gave more material on the topic of divorce AND REMARRIAGE BEING ADULTEROUS, than there is on the virgin birth! Believing the truth on marriage will cost you everything- believing Jesus was born of a virgin will cost you nothing!

Listen to the interview - I cannot do it justice by summarizing it on this forum.

2011/7/22 14:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Many times threads explode between brothers and sisters, many times these threads have been "hit and run" threads, by that i meen a new member comes on the forums and creates a thread on a controversial subject. It may be on a truth they discovered or a conviction they feel an urge to share or something else, they may be very sincere in their motives.

I see this thread has all the potential to go into a sad discussion that will shame christians worldwide and the testimony of Jesus. Or if those that chose to participate would try by Gods grace to communicate their wisdom and zeal in love and fear of God. This thread could be very fruitful to perhaps thousands of readers.

So i urge all who have a burden for this topic to kindly meditate some on what you are posting and judge every word carefully.

I second this thought and would ask all the brothers and sisters involved in this thread to consider the way they are discussing and even accussing each other. This type of behaviour is not suitable for godly discussions on this site. May we have the humble spirit to learn and not just force our opinions.

I am locking this thread.

2011/7/22 15:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy