SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : divorce and remarry?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
oh no.

Natan maybe you could do something constructive for a change and tell me if this board has an ignore feature like the sports forums do that I post on. I want to put you on it. Haha.

2011/7/21 20:14

Re:

Quote:
I've heard this quote more than once.

"God is more concerned with our holiness, than our happiness."

My pastor always used to say, "God is more concerned with your character than your comfort".

Well, you really didn't answer my question JB1968. Are you willing to ask couples who come into church as couples (and one has already been divorced) to please not come to church? Are you willing to counsel them that they should break up? Are you willing to ask pastors not to marry couples where one has already been married and divorced? Do you really believe what you are saying? Thanks, EZ.

2011/7/21 20:19
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

EndZone,
Do you really desire to know what the Bible says?
Here was my answer:

Quote:
Is this a reasonable request? These pastors can read the Bible, right?

Why would someone say they cannot come to church, where they can get help for the soul?

How about answering my question from earlier?

Quote:
Doesn't God have overcoming grace? Rom. 6:1-2 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid."
There may be struggles, but God has grace for every trial. God is not limited by human sinfulness and sex drives. Right?

2011/7/21 21:39Profile
keepingfaith

Re:

Quote:
Well, you really didn't answer my question JB1968. Are you willing to ask couples who come into church as couples (and one has already been divorced) to please not come to church? Are you willing to counsel them that they should break up? Are you willing to ask pastors not to marry couples where one has already been married and divorced? Do you really believe what you are saying? Thanks, EZ.

I will answer your ridiculous query EZ.
Are you willing to confront any and ALL sin or just the ones you find personally objectionable? Jesus said "that which is highly esteemed among men is an ABOMINATION to GOD!!"
You are giving honor to adultery by your comments.

The apostle John stated " all unrighteousness is sin".
So if someone is committing ADULTERY -EVEN IF IT IN A REMARRIAGE- then it falls into the category of SIN. Why do you want to continue to minimize THE SIN OF committing adultery, as Jesus HIMSELF DEFINED it in the gospels SEVEN TIMES?

Matthew 5:32
but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity

( FORNICATION- PREMARITAL SEX DURING BETROTHAL- this "exception was only included in Matthew but conspicuously absent in both MARK AND LUKE BECAUSE of the betrothal custom which was not applicable to gentiles who were the main recipients of Mark and Luke's gospels),

1. makes her commit adultery;

and
2. whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9
And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and

3. marries another woman commits adultery .”

Mark 10:11
And He *said to them,
“ Whoever divorces his wife

and
4. marries another woman commits adultery against her;

Mark 10:12
and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man,

5. she is committing adultery.”

Luke 16:18
“ Everyone Everyone Everyone Everyone Everyone Everyone
Everyone Everyone

( I am curious- Does everyone actually mean no one? because as many christians that are divorced and remarried people sure seem to act like NONE OF THEM ARE COMMITTING ADULTERY!!!)
6. who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery,

and

7. he who marries one who is divorced from a husband commits adultery.

YOU HAVE 7 OCCURRENCES OF THE WORD COMMIT WHICH PLAINLY DENOTES AN ACTION. PASTORS EITHER CANNOT READ OR THEY ARE THE GREEDY SELF-SERVING LIARS PAUL DESCRIBES THEM AS IN TITUS 1.

Just because christians remarry does not make their sexual uncleanness any less offensive in God's eyes as any other kind of perversion. In fact strictly speaking from a biblical standpoint, re-marital adultery is even more of an abomination to God than sodomy (homosexuality). If you want a detailed analysis of how that is scripturally sound, go to my pastor's website and listen to the covenant warrior's interview #2 that can be found on his blog. Search believerx at wordpress and you will find a wealth of information on adultery divorce and remarriage.

2011/7/21 21:53Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

Endzone. Do you have a bible you read or do you get your theology from ESPN? ....And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,....Matt. 10:29. Why the mention of wife? Why would someone be required to forsake a wife for Jesus?

2011/7/21 21:54Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: divorce and remarry?

Endzone,

I honestly do not think that Natan4Jesus stalks you in these threads! To me, I’m thinking his “Oh no,” statement was, “Oh no, not the divorce thread again!” but I could be wrong! Just like martyr posted in the KJV thread, “Here we go again.” LOL Same type of response, different thread!

To anyone else,

These threads keep popping up and usually by ‘one hit wonders’ type of people who register a new name so no one knows who they are to start Trouble (yes, Trouble with a capital “T”!).

I will just say that I’m not responding to keepingfaith’s response to me because I was writing to jhtg (unless he is jhtg?!), its truly beating a dead horse to get involved AGAIN. Anyone can go back through all the past divorce/remarriage threads and see what has been written since 2004 on this subject!

I will say that I’m quite sure that God doesn’t get near as bent out of shape about the topic as you people seem to get! (huge grin)

God bless us all!
Lisa

2011/7/22 8:00Profile
savannah

Re: "... more of an abomination than sodomy..."

Am I reading you right keepingfaith,by understanding your post to be saying that you believe all remarriages to be no less than adulterous relationships? Moreover that such relationships are even worse and more abominable 'than sodomy(homosexuality)', and others who practice any other type of sexual perversion?

If so,what would your counsel be to such persons?

Also,why do you call them christians?

You said, "Just because christians remarry...".

Awaiting your reply.

2011/7/22 10:30Profile

Re:

Lysa... no, Natan4Jesus is a stalker. You can be sure of that. He's been stalking me on here for years!

:-)

Krispy

2011/7/22 11:02
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Many times threads explode between brothers and sisters, many times these threads have been "hit and run" threads, by that i meen a new member comes on the forums and creates a thread on a controversial subject. It may be on a truth they discovered or a conviction they feel an urge to share or something else, they may be very sincere in their motives.

I see this thread has all the potential to go into a sad discussion that will shame christians worldwide and the testimony of Jesus. Or if those that chose to participate would try by Gods grace to communicate their wisdom and zeal in love and fear of God. This thread could be very fruitful to perhaps thousands of readers.

So i urge all who have a burden for this topic to kindly meditate some on what you are posting and judge every word carefully.

2011/7/22 11:09Profile

Lysa

Quote:
Endzone,

I honestly do not think that Natan4Jesus stalks you in these threads! To me, I’m thinking his “Oh no,” statement was, “Oh no, not the divorce thread again!” but I could be wrong! Just like martyr posted in the KJV thread, “Here we go again.” LOL Same type of response, different thread!

you got it Lysa, my "oh no" was just that...another weary bleary turgid religiostic cyber scrum on divorce and remariage, i didnt even register this poster "endzone"..being involved, or even caring what he had to write.

now to you endzone, hear me and hear me clear, there's a much better "feature" i have at my disposal, than some cyber ignore button, its the Biblical "mark and avoid" that Paul speaks of, on how to deal with those who delight in fruitless controversy...mark and avoid.

thats why i havent been coming around this forum much, lots of wind, little fruit...not going to let anyone, or anything stumble me, even a cyber gathering, where there are many saints i love with the love of Christ.

Sir, i do hope you let the Wind of the Holy Spirit blow thru your heart, and embue your nature with a spirit of humility and love in Him, meaning if you want "action", go to the sports forum, if you want Godly fellowship born in the Spirit, post rightly....otherwise, mark and avoid.

i hope you hear me, neil

2011/7/22 11:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy