SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Avatars not loading (should they be removed?)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Avatars not loading (should they be removed?)

Saints,

I realize right now on the forums Avatars are mostly not working, we are working to fix this it has to do with the new firewall security software installed.

This has us think of possibly removing the avatar images. Though they add an "identity" to people on the site, there is a sense also of an unreality to them and people can hide behind a false image such as a picture of a famous saint of God.

So we are seriously considering removing that feature from the profiles of the site. Let me know your thoughts on this dear saints.

2011/7/12 18:14Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Avatars not loading (should they be removed?)

That is a great idea.

2011/7/12 18:17Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Ahhh, that's too bad. Their so fun. Do we have to use our real names now or can we still hide behind our make believe ones?

Sarah

2011/7/12 19:06Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

I'm all for anything that simplifies things. The loss of avatars isn't really a loss at all.

I don't know anything about creating or running a forum. I don't know what kind of costs are involved, either. But, if I may be so bold, this forum set-up seems impractical altogether. The operation of the audio, visual sermons is okay, but the forums (and their features) seem difficult and a bit archaic.

With the problems you've been having, would it be easier to update the forums to a layout that's more common and easy to use? A larger font and wider screens would be kinder on the eyes to read. This forum is also the only one I know of where the posts are in reverse order and there is no direct search feature.

These aren't complaints, mind you. Just general observances. I don't know if they are cost issues or technological ones for those who operate the site, but I put them out there as simple suggestions for possible consideration.

2011/7/12 19:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

The avatars do make it easier to see at a glance who is speaking, but then that is just a matter of convenience.

2011/7/12 20:44Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

They make it easier to identify who is writing at a glance. I would keep them.

2011/7/12 21:40Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

They are nice. Keep them.

2011/7/12 22:16Profile
Giggles

Re:

I rather enjoy glancing at dear old Spurgeon and the other great saints of old. I say keep them if feasible.

2011/7/13 0:00Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Avatars not loading (should they be removed?)

For me, it doesn't matter either way if they stay or go.

I've never used them, so I won't miss them.

If it makes the site run better, then let them go.

2011/7/13 3:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thank you for the feedback. We are still considering and praying about doing this. Also restricting the amount of characters you can put in your signature. Some people are abusing the signature and putting many paragraphs of information or many links.

2011/7/13 9:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy