Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : enough debate its about souls

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

Very Moved by that thread Oracio...thank you so much.

2011/7/11 15:51Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Thanks for all your contributions on this thread. I think when they are averaged, they give a good balance.

I do get tired of folks always saying that winning souls is all that matters or that winning the lost is the most important thing to God. Chapter and verse, please?! WHERE does it ever imply such a thing, even? I understand that this is widely accepted without question in the Body of Christ today, but I don't intend to go along with it. If it is true and scripture could somehow agree with it, then why did Paul write so many epistles to the churches that covered SO MUCH MORE than winning souls?

EDIT ---

I know people seem to think that any other view lowers evangelism, but the truth is that we have elevated it above everything else, which is inconsistent with Scripture. I found a book recently entitled, MY CHILDREN OR THE CROSS. It was heralded as one woman's sacrifice for God; she sent her children across the sea for most of their growing-up years so she could be busy for God in winning souls. She thought that her children --the priceless gifts God had given her-- were a hindrance to God's work, so they had to be sent off. This is one example of numerous others, and I'm going to call it a DISGRACE to the name of God! This whole idea is not found anywhere in the Bible; it is only the result of human reasoning.

It was the Reformation that went against this idea, also. Martin Luther is quoted saying that the woman who sweeps her floor is just as much in the will of God as the man who spends all day praying, not because she does it singing or praying, but because GOD LIKES CLEAN FLOORS!! And that her job is just as important as the man's intercessing!

It's a revolutionary idea, I realize, but it's part of being faithful in little things so that you can be faithful in the big things.

2011/7/11 16:05Profile

Evangelism and the fruit factor with intercession.

by Oracio

"While I do believe there can be healthy debates that can profit both the ones debating and the ones looking from the sidelines, I also agree with Enochh that we can get caught up in too much debate and neglect reaching out to lost souls, one of the most important things we are still left on this planet for."

If you do "Go!", and preach and reach out with the gospel to the lost, the odds are you won't be talking about, or debating about it, here on SI, or anywhere else.., You'll be too consumed in the warfare, pressure and duties that may arise.

So, it seems that the debate...which is not entirely without merit, is for those "staying with the gear"....and also let us remember, that there are callings, times and seasons for us all.

Your typical spirit filled house-wife for example, has a duty to her children and her husband first, and the reaching out must come under the Godly instituted order of her duty. She may or may not have the opportunity to do so, though her input and ideas about it may be passionate and enlightening to all.[ consider those sisters right here..]

Here is a method of Evangelism that has proven highly effective......Acts 2:46-47
King James Version (KJV)

46."And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47. Praising God, and having favour with all the people.

....... And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.".......

God saves, and it is He who draws all men unto Him. Also, let us not forget that before the Apostles Went, on the "GO!" word from Jesus, they had to be Sent. Even Paul had to sit for many years, and many never went.

There are many that go with dead religion to the lost, and do more harm than good. Only the Holy Spirit can save a soul, not our good intentions, or "preaching" activity.

I think that most of the reaching out must come from a people with real fruit in their lives, in the scheme of their daily existence...the marketplace, the lawn, the courthouse.

Light and love cannot be hidden in the confines of the holy and authentic church, and the mercy within an open heart must manifest itself wherever it goes, and the lost will want it, if they want Jesus. I, personally, believe in evangelizing the lost..[ especially the desperate poor and those who have never heard His Name..]...and desire more than anything to be sent.

I also might add in the INTERCESSION factor...begging God to pour out His Spirit on the Lost...and SAVE!!..in your family, community, the world, and the backslider. This may have born more real fruit in the Kingdom than we could imagine. [nice thread]

2011/7/11 16:30
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

"I do get tired of folks always saying that winning souls is all that matters or that winning the lost is the most important thing to God. Chapter and verse, please?! WHERE does it ever imply such a thing, even?"

Is there any verse in the Bible that lists a "the most important thing to God"?

It doesn't take much to establish that it is a top priority:

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

ALL MEN

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

EVERY CREATURE ... He doesn't have to repeat and elaborate on the command for it to be highly important.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If God wants all men to be saved ... and we love him with all .... then it will be our priority also.
If we love our neighbours as ourselves, and our neighbors are lost, we will do all that we can to see that they find the salvation that we have found.

2011/7/11 17:42Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

I think I can hear it already...someone is going to say we're debating about this also... :) :)

But I'll carry on anyway...

Quote:
Is there any verse in the Bible that lists a "the most important thing to God"?

That's precisely my point, Lordoitagain.

Of course seeking the lost is a top priority and highly important; I never said it wasn't. I just said it shouldn't supersede everything else, as is constantly voiced.

Jesus Christ also said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Very plain. Very straight-forward. It sounds very important to Him, don't you think? (I'm not speaking sarcastically here, mind you, but seriously.) And yet with many Christians and preachers today, their home life is wanting or their personal life is not what it ought to be and yet "they're winning souls" so that's all that matters. That is only one example and it is prevalent everywhere.

EDIT--
And like I said, it leads to parents neglecting their children "for God" and preachers doing the same to their families. It leads to a church that isn't very unified because "all that matters is soul-winning." It leads to youth turning away from God because they can see the hypocrisy of it all.

There are many commands in Scripture; are you saying that certain adjectives tell us which are most important?

2011/7/11 18:44Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Evangelism and the fruit factor with intercession.

by BrotherTom

Quote:
If you do "Go!", and preach and reach out with the gospel to the lost, the odds are you won't be talking about, or debating about it, here on SI, or anywhere else.., You'll be too consumed in the warfare, pressure and duties that may arise.

I can certainly say amen to the fact that warfare will arise when we take a step of faith into the enemy's territory. Just last night after a night of evangelism in my community I came home and my little two year old boy was vomiting due to a stomach desease called GERD. He had had pain on and off before due to that desease but he had never vomitted.

As to the main motive/s behind this thread(that is, other threads or what not), I have not been keeping up with all of that so I cannot say whether or not the particular thread mentioned has merit. I am not taking any sides. I simply saw that Enochh made a good point and decided to put in my two cents. I did not mean to offend anyone for "contending" for the Faith here. I do see a time and place for that. Whether or not you spend too much time in debates here is between you and the Lord and He will reveal that to you. I am not one to judge that. Again, I was speaking in general terms in my last post.

2011/7/11 22:44Profile

Re: enough debate its about souls

Quote:
I get so sad when I come on here....a place where I can find some real believers and I see what goes on. Example the "War on the saints" post. Back and forth bickering. Some one started a post asking a question and so many have to prove their much understanding of the scriptures and their intimate knowledge of the Lord and his ways to "prove" another brother/sister wrong and correct them.

Believe me brother, those that debate have NOT the love of Christ abiding in them.

A true debater will always love and his joy is to win, not win.

It doesn't matter if time is short, we really shouldn't be debating over anything.

We all believe in Jesus. Some have different understandings but we all believe that He is the Son of God and that He is the I AM.

With our brother we strain at a gnat. We dig and dig trying to find out where each one of us stands and none of that has anything to do with our salvation.

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

I say refrain the tongue from speaking. Oh the need to be right is sickening to me. It's not important. If you are right, God will confirm His word.

I know of Christians that spend all their days trying to be right and they have no interest in the other persons soul, just so they can walk in their rightness. What a waste of life.

God help us, God have mercy on us, send judgment to your Church, we need to be judged from our lethargy.

2011/7/11 22:58
savedtoserve

Re:

I do agree with your premise, Approved, but your conclusion just throws the baby out with the bathwater, as it were.

Quote:
We all believe in Jesus. Some have different understandings but we all believe that He is the Son of God and that He is the I AM.

This is not some ecumenical gathering. If we have no spiritual backbone, we will become a watered down mess.

2011/7/12 0:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy