SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Does anyone want to give me a call to talk and pray for me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

John, I for one really like your heart. There's a humbleness to you... I think from the things you have said that your thoughts are all over the place.
A mature Christian isn't necessarily a sprit-filled person with a good knowledge of the scriptures it's also one who keeps his mind disciplined. That doesn't happen naturally to anyone and it's a discipline which we all have to do to stay close to God. I just say to 'Take every thought captive' over your sins until you have a break through. Keep pushing for that breakthrough.
I don't think the devil is putting all of these thoughts in to your mind it can also be due to our emotions and feeling very anxious can cause bad thoughts to appear out of nowhere sometimes.
Stay in there my friend. I hope this message is accepted. I had a major breakthrough in my life with God after I began to forgive people. I had to take all of my wrong thoughts captive. Take care, Love David

2011/7/27 8:51Profile
davym

Re:

Quoting

"while it is good to get encouragement from the brethren, some people fall into a trap where their faith is more about their relationships with other Christians... and not with Christ.

It's an idol making system.

Some people are more entrenched in the American Christian pop-culture and the latest Christian fad (forced upon us by Christian publishing companies, radio & bookstores) than they are entrenched in the Word.

It's an idol making system.

The only place you are going to find peace and satisfaction is in Christ and Christ alone. And no one else can take you there. You have to walk into the throne room of God alone.

It's an idol crashing system."

Amen. Important word this.

2011/7/27 11:05Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

hey brothers and sisters i was doing pretty good today , was trying not to believe the fear i was feeling. I tried holding onto the verse that the spirit of the Lord is not of fear but of power love and sound mind. I have been in so much fear. Problem came today while i was doing pretty good at work then i started struggling with my sin and then the stupid voice in my head was tormenting me that God was going to punish me for my sin and that I was going to get worse. Now i am at my house heavily oppressed from these demonic attacks and these spirit of lies. I struggle with sexual sin or lust, and my pride and evil thoughts so much, and my unbelief. Please continue to lift me up, i really am struggling but i am trying to fight back. Please continue to lift me up.

2011/7/29 1:46Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

basically the main attack is that the demons are trying to get me believe that i am going to get paralized and i guess they desire for me to be paralized and useless, please pray that these spirits would be gone and that i would be fully delivered from their oppression also pray for the Lord to fill me with his love.

2011/7/29 2:00Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother John,

You know what your biggest problem is? You believe what the demons are saying. Demons and the devil in general work and play with our fears, how do they do this? They lie and so any information they have is false information.

Not to mention this, if God wanted you paralized He would have done it by now. What do you need to do? Listen to Jesus on this one and "don't worry about tomorrow, for there are enough things to worry about today, let tomorrow worry about itself." EVEN if you were paralized it doesn't rend you useless, you see our God is much bigger than that and if He had use to paralyze you then it ought to be a trail and a blessing.

Stand on the promises of Christ our King, He is not a fickle or surp the moment God but has a plan and purpose for everything, Oh and guess who He has in mind the whole time when He was planing everything out? YOU! Does it hurt sometimes, yes! but God doesn't leave us hanging He is a trustworthy God.

Next time a demon tries to talk to you, tell them GOOD if God decides to paralyze me then by george I am in HIS Hands, you control nothing.

Little hint Satan and demons hate the fact they have lost all power and dominion, even what we would call 'evil places' are still in the realm and control of OUR Loving and Caring Father WHO believe it or not Knows what HE is doing :).

Buck up buddy, the Lord will see you through.

2011/7/29 2:42Profile

Re:

QUOTE: I just come to the conclusion that I am not saved, i have hatred towards people in my heart, i am not 100 percent sure in faith about Christ and the scriptures, and the evil one has been able to continuuosly attack me and win the battle even after i have tried to take up the shield of faith and prayers etc. I can't be saved so i need to be saved.

What *exactly* is it that you doubt about Christ? Please name it for us. Expose it to the light and deal with it.

Have you tried playing (true) praise& worship music when these "attacks" happen? By "true" i mean songs that actually name the Lord, not just something that you could sing to your girlfriend, boyfriend, or hamster like most comtemporary "christian" music today. The old hymns are good.

2011/7/29 3:45

Re:

Quote: I struggle with sexual sin or lust, and my pride and evil thoughts so much, and my unbelief.

Well that is a good sign; if it were too late for you or if you are not saved then you wouldnt be bothered or struggling at all with it.

2011/7/29 3:47

Re:

I dont know if you are saved or not (or maybe just a brand new Believer who just needs to grow like we all do?) but here is a link to the one sermon that helped me more than any other i ever listened to. You mentioned being worried that God is going to punish you for every sin. I used to think that too, then this sermon turned my view of God upside down:

http://illbehonest.com/Christs-Love-for-the-Struggling-Believer-Kevin-Williams

2011/7/29 4:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy