Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : PCUSA Allows 'Gay' Clergy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 PCUSA Allows 'Gay' Clergy

Presbyterians who support gay rights are prepping sanctuaries this Sunday (July 10) to celebrate the passage of a new church policy that allows gay pastors to serve openly for the first time in the denomination's history.

As the new policy for the Presbyterian Church (USA) becomes official that day, several left-leaning churches "will mark the moment with prayer and rejoicing" in their Sunday services, according to a press release from More Light Presbyterians, which advocates for gay rights in the church. ...

read more: http://bit.ly/pH0miE

2011/7/10 13:48Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: PCUSA Allows 'Gay' Clergy

Sign of the times...

2011/7/10 14:43Profile

Just because these "Churches" have Christ over their door doesn't mean that they belong to Him. They are just apart of the world as your average sinner. It doesn't surprise me in the least because the denominational Church systems of men are not of God. God will work where there is faith and His truth is being upheld but if not, that Church may have all the history and names it wants to have, but it's still the world.

2011/7/10 15:25
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

All that goes through my mind when I hear things like these are the self condemning words of a blind people. Such a horrid picture it presents with shouts not unlike:

"WE WILL NOT HAVE THIS MAN OVER US, WE WANT HIM DEAD AND GONE AND MAY HIS BLOOD BE ON US AND OUR CHILDREN" NOW LET US GO AND WORSHIP OUR TRUE GOD!

Evil being called good is nothing new to the generations represented on the forum, and we could only expect its increase, but the staggering increase in the population of the wolves is so grevious.

2011/7/10 16:40Profile

There has been a struggle within the Presbyterian Church with Modernism and Ecumenicalism for over 100 years, with the larger Church herself splitting over Darwinism, and thereby embracing a pure Social gospel as her mission....rather than Fundamentalism and an evangelical Bible based purity.

This latest "policy change" can be more easily understood as a natural evolution within the church because of this earlier heretical compromise; forsaking the holy writ, and replacing it with human reasoning.

It is indeed sad, along with other mainline churches and movements, such as the Methodists, who have allowed the abomination to be received as the blessing, and satanic bondage to be heralded as "Freedom."

The Fundamentalist-Modernist controversy, within the Presbyterian Church...[wikipedia]....[fine job ]
here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist-Modernist_Controversy#Ecumenism.2C_1908.E2.80.9321

2011/7/10 17:49

Re:

The saddest thing about this is the winter before last, our power went out here where I live. I'm one of the younger of the people here and the power was out for 3 days and it was freezing out - so for two days I was running up and down to all the floors, making sure those that needed to be evacuated had been and that those who chose to stay were O.K..
I was getting really exhausted, so I decided to wear the beautiful hoodie that my Church had made for me for the first time to encourage and give me strength, with the members names printed on it in the shape of a Cross and my name and the Church's name, etc..

After the event, I was told by one of the ladies that the nuns that live here explained to them that I was "one of those liberal "Presbyterians" and shouldn't be considered a Christian." So, how do you go back to explain to all of the people that you witnessed to, the history of these different branches of the Presbyterian Church?

The "PCA" and other Reformed-Presbyterians are not the PCUSA - FAR from it - but the world doesn't know that, so if you even mention "Presbyterian" - even the Catholics will come against you now.
What do these conservative Presbyterians do now?

2011/7/11 13:50
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

I will not speak to denominationalism except that, there are within some healthy folds, a preservation of the truth of the Word. Yet no matter how it is defended, there is within the multitude of denominations by premise, a sense of division by such model.

I would much rather identify myself to the ONE who is represented by some dear sister climbing stairs to check upon the welfare of others (neighbors). Defend what you are joined to if the Spirit so inclines you, but the dead religion of others who will seek to disparage your truest association, will become manifest in time by their own words and deeds.

ybiC

2011/7/13 16:14Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

There are several lovely church buildings within walking distance of our home. My wife and I like to take walks together, and some of those buildings are architecturally and visually appealing.

Recently, we were walking by one of those beautiful buildings on a Saturday morning. There must have been a special meeting for that Church, because the back parking lot was full and people were parking on the street.

As we walked by, we were shocked to see two women walking from a vehicle toward the building while holding hands in the same manner that a man holds hands with his wife. We noticed that they also had a homosexual bumper sticker on their vehicle.

My wife saw them and immediately said, "Whitewashed sepulchre." It was interesting that this was the exact passage that went through my mind as we saw it. The building was quite lovely -- but the message might actually be producing and condoning wickedness like a virus that produces "dead men's bones."

I do have a friend who is a member of the denomination mentioned in this thread. His father is a minister with the denomination. He told me that he and his father would leave that denomination if such a thing were to ever pass. I can't imagine how a true believer would even want to belong to an organization that condones or promotes such things. I feel that this is just as evil as the false doctrines of any cults or Roman churches.

2011/7/13 16:41Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Those who would walk in public hand in hand being of the same gender with a homosexual or lesbian identification would not be whitewashing themselves. They give the testimony of evil being good, and would have no qualms teaching it to others. The Whitewashed tomb (hypocrite) will call good good, but will do covertly the opposite. Both know of God. Both know Him not.

2011/7/13 17:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy