Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

BEWARE

"BEWARE OF"

1. Worries of the World
2. Deceitfulness of Riches,
3. And the desires for other things
Enter in and choke the word. and it becomes unfruitful ( Mark 4:19 )

We must not allow anything to diminish our desire for the things of God.
Beware of the worries of this life, the pursuit of earthly things,
and the pleasures that choke out hunger and thirst for God.

Psalms 42
As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can it go and meet with God?
Psalms 27:4
One thing I ask the Lord,
This is what I seek; ( Not the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things ) But that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to Gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalms 63:3
Oh because, because, because your love is better than life.

"BE ALERT"
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for some to devour. Resist him, Standing firm in the faith. Greater is he that is in you,
than he that is in the world.
We are full equipped to defeat Satan's schemes. Eph 6:11
Be Alert and always keep on praying. Eph 6:18

" BE BUILT UP "
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, Continue to live in him,
rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and over flowing with thankfulness.

"BE FILLED"
With the Spirit. Eph 5:18

" BE READY"
YOU DO NOT KNOW THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME.

2011/7/6 12:03
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: BEWARE

A very good and worthy article and should be read by all.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Glory to God.

2011/7/6 13:52Profile
Nellie

Re:

Thanks for posting this.
God Bless

2011/7/6 15:41Profile

Re:

so what are the things of God?

I can feel, touch, see, smell the things of this earth but what exactly is the things of God? and why does God make it so hard to notice these things?

2011/7/7 3:26
gazzer

Re:

amen

the devil is like a wolf he is prowling around looking for a lost sheep , a sheep who does not hear the voice of the shepard, one who is not not following the shepard ,, one who is not owned by the shepard , one who is not content wth the food the shepard gives , or the pasture that the shepard has prepared for his flock ,, this one is not realy one of the lords sheep ,

for he said my sheep hear my voice
and i know them
and they do follow me
neither can any man pluck them out of my hand
for my father is greater then all

for the seed fell amoung the way side
and on the stoney ground
and amoung ,the thorns

these never bore good fruit

BUT a bad tree can never bare good fruit ,till it be transformed in to a good tree

oh the lord resists the proud ,but gives grace only to the humble

some will never humble them selfs under the mighy hand of god that he may exult them ,neither will they cast all the cares upon the lord ,tho he so loves the world ,that he gave his only begoton son

but god knows his sheep

he know his elect,

he chose some befor the foundation of the world to be conformed to his image

and he prayed for them that they might indure and not only them but all those who will believe on him through them

and he was heard because of his godly fear , for he offered up prayers and suplacation ,with vement crys and tears to HIM who was able to save him from death

oh he is the orther and the finisher of our faith

salvation is of the lord ,,,thank you father that we are saved by your grace through faith ,and that be not of our selfs but it is the gift from you god ,not of our works that none of us may boast ,for we are your worm man ship ,
created in jesus christ for good works ,that you before prepared ,that we should walk in them

from you comes our fruit

you up hold us all by the word of you power ,and in you do we all consist

you have ordained the time we have one the earth
and the boundares of our dwelings ,in in you do we live and move ,,,,, thank you lord

2011/7/7 4:12Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Codex
If we don't know what the things of God are, how do we know if we notice them or not?

I suppose what we are looking for are the visible things that show us who God is.

I speak concerning Psalm 78 in which one generation tells another of the wonderful works of God.

The parting of the Red Sea, being fed with manna for 40 years etc, are all things that God did that could be passed on from one generation to another.

So, what wonderful works of God do we tell others?

2011/7/7 4:20Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If we don't know what the things of God are, how do we know if we notice them or not?

I have a couple thoughts here:

But solid food is for fullgrown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil. (Hebrews 5:14)

As we apply and obey the word of God, as God sheds light upon our senses, we are enabled to make a distinction between good and evil. If we will practice this principal we will grow in the knowledge of God and become more and more proficient at distinguishing. If we do not 'exercise our senses' to discern good and evil, we will move in an ever-increasing darkness that will result in a sort-of spiritual blindness. This is what is in view with certain of the Hebrews that 'ought to have been teachers, but were now needing to be taught again.'

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)

Here we are to add this to presenting our bodies as holy and acceptable living sacrifices to God. The Fire falls when the altar is full; that is, when God can believe us. The Fire will continue to fall so long as we continue to offer our bodies holy and acceptable. This is our spiritual worship. This, like David of old when He bought Arnon's threshing floor and built an altar, should be our natural response of gratitude for God's mercy (this is the reasoning behind the ' beseech ye therefor' in Paul's argument; 11 chapters of God's work in salvation). At Arnon's threshing floor the destroying angel's hand was stayed, David bought the land and built an altar, and the Temple of Solomon was later built here. It was there that Solomon built an altar, kept bringing the sacrifices into the thousands, until the whole temple mount was a virtual flesh heap. He prayed and the Fire of God fell.

Hell is a popular message compared to this truth; few are willing to truly walk in Romans 12:1, 2. Once we are on Fire for God we are lights in the world. Jesus came to send Fire on the earth. From this point the enemy will seek to challenge this reality to bring us into a lukewarmness. God loathes lukewarmness, in fact, He will vomit out the lukewarm if there is no change (Rev 3). The enemy challenges the Fire of God through conformity with this world. Influences that have their origin in the earthly, sensual and demonic challenge our pure minds. If we allow those influences in the process of conformity to the world will begin; the world is 'cold' and not on Fire for God. That is, although God is present everywhere at all times, He is not present in the way He desires to be in all places all the time. The world is 'cold'; that is, there is an absence of Fire.

If we will continually present ourselves to Christ, our Great High Priest, He will continue to offer our living lives to the Father as living burnt offerings. Our life will be a sweet smelling savor in His nostrils. However, conformity to this world, through the various means the enemy employs, will bring the temperature down into a lukewarm state; and in this state we are not useful to God in the way He desires us to be; that is we are not proving what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. We are not demonstrating it though our lives. I think the enemy spends more time trying to challenge us in these areas than any other. It is a subtle thing. He wants to lull us into a state where we neither burn for sin or burn for God; we don't want hell and we don't want God. What a sad state to be in! this lukewarmness proves nothing of the will of God- but is rather an inert state that God will reject as salt that has lost its savor. Just some thoughts.

2011/7/7 5:14Profile

Re:

If we exercise ourselves unto godliness we will be able to discern the spiritual from the natural and the real from the counterfeit.

1Ti 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2011/7/7 9:46

Thank You Julius21

Thank You, brother. Who then, is the man that fears the Lord?
He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. Psalms 25:12
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. Psalms 25:
Oh that the Lord will open my eyes and ears that He may instruct me that I may see wonderful things in his law. Psalms119:18 That he may teach me his decrees and open my understanding.

2011/7/7 14:12

Re:

Quote:
If we don't know what the things of God are, how do we know if we notice them or not? I suppose what we are looking for are the visible things that show us who God is.

I CAN'T JUST RELY ON THE PSALMS because EVERYTHING i SEE IN MY LIFE IS OPPOSITE OF THAT.

I've never seen miracles, any answered prayers where God did miraculous things. All I see is more pain by more pain and a God that doesn't even say anything. So I'm suppose to just give up my life and follow him. All those promises in the bible, i can say about any other so called "God". I don't see the manifest power of God in anyone's life around me.

2011/7/9 17:07

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy