SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : why are we affraid of the silence?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: why are we affraid of the silence?

How wonderful it is to sit in the Lord's presence in silence with no sin coming up in the conscience to condemn and to simply enjoy Him. How wonderful to hear His voice break the silence as He speaks to us and reassures us of His love or gives us direction for our lives. But it is also wonderful to hear Him say to us that there is an area within that is not totally His or a sin that has been committed for which He desires us to repent.

I love music and I love activity. But this morning I have spent almost an hour in His presence without any other noise. It is truly wonderful. We should begin to live a lifestyle that leaves much more time without the background noise.

2011/7/9 7:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

AMEN! Keith.

All of the responses on this thread are so edifying. It is so encoraging to see others enjoying the beauty of silence - the time when God speaks and are listening to Him.

All these responses are so...I am at a lost to explain it -.
God bless, one and all and may his grace be with you and give you peace...

ginnyrose

2011/7/9 8:04Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Well, there's a familiar name that's good to see again! Hello ginnyrose!!!

Silence is addictive. Once you're in the habit of it, you adjust to the peace which then gives your mind the chance to unwind and be calm. If I'm surrounded by noise for an extended periods of time, I find myself trying to get a few minutes away to pray and re-focus.

2011/7/9 11:32Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Has anyone else had the topic of Silence come up in conversations lately? I have. How curious! It's opened doors to share the gospel with people. I first explain to them what I mentioned in my previous post about why so many people fear/hate silence. They seem to relate to it, which opens the door to share the gospel.

In this wild, noisy, 24/7 world we now live in, I'm seeing more people seeking a quieter, simpler life

2011/7/10 2:01Profile
gazzer

Re:

god bless you to ginyrose

the topic of scilence has come with my wife and i in the last day ,and we are persuing to silents the television every after noon for an hour ,and be together

but this will turn into some quite praying together i believe ,,,,it is the sceret to sucsess regarding union with the lord i believe

it has been a good topic , god has used it to remind me

2011/7/10 4:34Profile

Re: why are we affraid of the silence?

Quote:
Why that uncomfortable feeling with silence?

I am trying to find it. Everyone seems to want my time, want my presence and it's unending. There is always something that needs to be done and that too is unending. I'd like to climb into a hammock somewhere and get lost in the fabric of things and be far from the voices that are calling me away.

*sigh*

2011/7/10 20:41

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy