SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : If you're a rat please call this number

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

If you're a rat please call this number

"If you're a rat plz call dis # 911"

That was the phrase scrawled out in a gross blood red over a tunnel wall a while back.

The message, along with crude drawings of a gun and some skulls, was clear enough: don’t expose our crimes, our freedom to commit them is more valuable than your right to live; don’t tell anyone about our victims, or you’ll be our next one.

The attitude is much like Cain’s. He was the first human to commit a murder.

John the Apostle says that he killed his brother because his own deeds were evil. And his brother’s deeds were good.

You know, the surest way to show out something is bad, is to put something good next to it. You want to prove a line is crooked? Lay a straight one next to it. The one exposes the other – for what it is.

Whether it was the discomfort of being exposed, or jealousy, or rage, Cain determined that his brother’s life was worth less than the uncomfortable circumstances that his own wrong actions had created – and so he killed him. He snuffed out the life of his own flesh and blood, because he was exposed.

Now it’s the same. It’s the same for religious thugs that kill in the name of their religion when something truly good shines upon their own darkness, and it’s the same for pleasure-loving criminals who murder to protect their power over other people’s lives.

Religious men actually wanted to kill Lazarus, after Jesus Christ raised him from the dead. A living Lazarus was a sure sign that they were dead wrong.

The same is true today for criminals and living witnesses to their crimes.

The Bible says that after Cain killed his brother, God came to him and questioned him about it.

Abel was gone but there was still a witness against Cain in the Earth. His brother’s blood that cried out from the ground – to God Who see’s all.

“Am I my brother’s keeper”? – Cain, after he murdered his brother.

upfromthedust.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/if-youre-a-rat/

2011/6/30 19:26Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: If you're a rat please call this number

Chris, I checked your account so as not to be the first person to pull up this post. I did not know if it was someone new as it is quite the subject line. You are a long timer I see so my apology.

Tradition and good intentions. While both seem well meaning if they are not proofed by the Spirit then they so easily sport blindness which cannot discern the deception and error they are birthed by. Not as out right blatant as the crime of Cain, but in terms of severity, who of us can truly judge the depth of the offense against the Spirit. We seem always prone to underestimate it.

2011/6/30 19:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy