SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Free "Holiness" audiobooks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
VicZ

Free "Holiness" audiobooks

I wrote to the SermonIndex moderators and Greg Gordon gave me permission to share a special project I've been doing that may interest some folks here.

I've been producing and narrating some of the anointed Holiness Era books, making free serialized audiobooks available at Podiobooks.com (which is primarily a sci-fi/fantasy site). It's good to have our Christian material embedded in a secular site.

In the link below you'll see the books I've completed that are currently available to subscribe to or download directly if desired. There are no restrictions. You may download and share them to your heart's content.

http://www.podiobooks.com/podiobooks/search.php?keyword=christian+holiness+collection

I'd be interested in your feedback as far as whether the process of listening to these books appeals to you or not. Mainly, I pray that you are blessed from your head down to your toes and that Jesus Christ is lifted up for all of us to see more closely.

Sincerely,
Narrator, Producer, Vic Zarley

2011/6/27 23:46Profile
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re: Free "Holiness" audiobooks

Thank you so much, Brother! Those books were very interesting and good. Hope to get it all..

2011/6/28 2:19Profile

Re:

Bless you Vic for making these available!

2011/6/28 2:34
VicZ

Re:

Quote:
Bless you Vic for making these available

The pleasure is mine. About a year ago in June, I found out about Podiobooks.com. Evo Terra, the founder, believes passionately in people being able to present their ideas uncensored and if we are able to jump through a few technological hoops correctly, he is happy to make your book available to the world.

I am passionate about the TRUE Christian church and have even been inspired to write some Christian non-fiction so I thought this would be a good platform. In addition to my own work, I began to seriously probe into bringing the old classic works (particularly the Holiness era books as I understood they were public domain).

The rest is history. I contacted LightByDesign.net, and John there sent me some of my favorite Beverly Carradine books to share. I found appropriate theme music I could use without infringing on copyrights, got a good microphone and a good audio editing program, and began producing these classics (and some of my work also).

I'll introduce each of the works. Here is the first one:

Three from LightByDesign.net

A Christian Holiness Collection presentation.

Three fascinating, action packed stories from the old holiness literature circa late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Our first story is called “Kentucky Mountain Outlaw.” Experience what the old west was really like in this autobiography of Charlie “Bulldog” Wireman, one of the most unusual holiness preachers you'll ever meet.

The 2nd story from this collection is called “An Irish Saint” and it is the biography of Ann Preston who was also known as “Holy Ann.” Her unbelievable story was written by Helen Bingham.

Finally, Bud Robinson was a charismatic leader of the holiness movement many years ago. At one point, he was hit by a car and had to spend over 5 months in the hospital. He was not there alone. God’s Spirit resided with him as you will see as you listen to the last of this trio of stories, “My Hospital Experience” by Bud Robinson.

Produced and narrated by Vic Zarley. Special thanks to LightByDesign.net, Northwest Nazarene University, and the Wesley Center online for their invaluable assistance in the production of these audiobooks.

Three music tracks used in these episodes: "Hoedown" by Jason Shaw; "Folk Round" by Kevin Macleod; and "Everything Begins" by Dan-O.

The link to this book follows this paragraph. I'll share the summary of the others as time permits. You may subscribe to these books and have these approximately 1/2 hour episodes sent to you as often as you'd like (once a day, weekly, etc)

There is a place for comments, there, and it would be nice to get some Christian feedback as this is primarily a secular site. Above all, be blessed.

http://www.podiobooks.com/title/3-from-lightbydesign

Vic Zarley

2011/6/28 8:12Profile

Re:

Brother Vic, I just wanted to tell you thank you again because I began to download the story of the Irish Saint yesterday and was so blessed and encouraged by Chpt 1 and her inability to read or understand things at the first, was more of a blessing to me personally than I can express.
It takes well over an hour to download one chpt, and I'm always downloading things and either read here or post while WAITING FOREVER :) so, back at it now to get Chpt 2 today. May even have time to download 2 Chpts.

Bless you in Jesus' Name for your ministry!

2011/6/29 11:46
VicZ

Re: Free Christian audiobooks

Quote:
Brother Vic, I just wanted to tell you thank you again because I began to download the story of the Irish Saint yesterday and was so blessed and encouraged by Chpt 1 and her inability to read or understand things at the first, was more of a blessing to me personally than I can express.

I'm so sorry it takes so long to download them. You might try subscribing to them. It downloads at night while you are asleep (but I suppose the computer must be on).

Anyway, I pray you are blessed...as you continue to have patience. All the episodes are about a 1/2 hour so that's why it takes so long to download. With high speed, it only takes a few minutes.

God bless,
Vic

2011/6/30 0:53Profile
VicZ

Africa O Africa by Louise Robinson Chapman

Quote:
Courtesy of Northwest Nazarene University and Wesley Center Online, this is the story of Louise Robinson Chapman, a sanctified missionary in Africa. From 1920 until 1940 she ministered to the dark continent, coming to truly love and care for its people. Her story is filled with adventure, drama, humor and lots of love and miracles. Produced and narrated by Vic Zarley.

This will be a blessing to many here in this forum. I love stories where God's people deliberately place themselves out on a limb, so to speak, in order to reach the lost and share Christ. This lady had a 2nd blessing experience and was called to Africa by God. For 20 years she served the natives there.

Many years ago, somehow I got a hold of this book in a holiness collection but, once I started sharing these books as serialized audio books, I could not locate this book anywhere. I prayed. And it is only through His guiding hand that I was able to locate this and get permission from Northwest Nazarene College in Idaho to use it. Miraculously, they provided a native from Africa who was doing some doctorate work there who provided help in pronouncing the difficult African phrases.

My heart is filled with joy to be able to present this book as an audio book to those who seek the deepest truths that Christianity has to offer.

http://podiobooks.com/title/africa-o-africa

2011/6/30 0:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy