SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where is the 'remnant'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
raguas

Where is the 'remnant'

I'm writing because I'm so hungry to find people who I can simply break spiritual bread with. I know people here at SI for the most part know what I mean because of what attracts people to this site. It is hard enough to find the like minded believers within the 'church' near impossible to find a church with that heart.

When I say heart, I mean a spirit of brokenness for Jesus and the lost, a longing for holiness, uncompromised, passionate, unapologetic preaching of righteousness, the cross, repentance yet balanced with true humility, grace and encouragement.

I have been to and attend a church now where the leaders and the people seem to be excited for God but I feel like nobody understands what I mean. LR says 'laugh and the church laughs with you, weep and you weep alone'. I feel alone in that sense. I feel like if I expressed my convictions people would think I am critical and legalistic. I once enjoyed a few seasons of what I was looking for when the Lord blessed me with attending Time Square Church. Pastor Dave is rightly missed. Through him, I found the writings of Leonard Ravenhill. Another person who God used to shape my values and convictions. I also reread my books by EM Bounds, Tozer, etc. After reading the writings and hearing the preaching of these types you can't help but have a high standard.

I struggle because I don't want to act like I'm better than anyone because when I look at my life I feel like a failure. But I've never compromised the standards that I hold, that we all should have. I feel very lonely in that sense, that I can't find that 'body' of believers. Like a constant ache. So tempted to leave my current church but after looking around for over a year, I still don't know of any reasonably close churches. I'm just not crazy about these hipster, relevant, casual, contemporary churches that are big on methods but weak in power. I don't want to go to a church that needs to rely on the arm of the flesh and employ the methods of man to get its people pumped up but there is no tear drenched altars. My wife sometimes tempts me by saying maybe you should just start our own church. I shudder at the thought but at the same time wonder if that's what it will come down to to protect and ensure the message that my children hears will not give them a watered down standard. I often pray about moving to another place where I know there is a good church but our finances is preventing that right now.

I don't know why but I trust God that I am here now for a reason and for a season. I continue to cry out and pray. I share my burden with you because I believe the readers here share my heart for God. If anyone here could recommend any churches near me I would appreciate it. I live in the city of Corona [of Southern California].

Lord bring the church back to the Old Paths!

Ricky

2011/6/27 4:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Where is the 'remnant'

Quote:
My wife sometimes tempts me by saying maybe you should just start our own church. I shudder at the thought but at the same time wonder if that's what it will come down to to protect and ensure the message that my children hears will not give them a watered down standard.

I would be slow to say your wife is tempting you - God may be using her to get you to do what He wants you to. Just know that not many wives would be in agreement with their husband doing this very thing.

God bless.

2011/6/27 8:33Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Ricky, I will remind you of what you all ready know. The Remnant "BRIDE OF GOD" is called the remnant because she is a remnant. You've listened to RH, Washer, Tozer, Wilkerson......You have heard them say things that most people around you (in the church) will so quickly refuse that it will make your head spin. We talk of remnant but when we speak openly of it, men will not accept that it is only the small fraction of the existing church population as I believe scripture describes adequately and these brothers listed above spoke (speak to). Ginnyrose has pointed out something worth giving much thought and more importantly prayer to. Maybe this incredible movement of home church will be your consideration? All of the things you describe I too have experienced. I could not stay under a cheap gospel once having been brought to life. If scripture speaks to a man that does not physically provide for his family, how much worse one who compromises the blood of Christ. My wife left preceded my departure from the church by over a year. I was going to do everything I could to stay in. Eventually I was given an ultimatum for which one day God will judge. God has supplied all my needs since then and it has grown me greatly. I do fellowship with a few but I so desire to meet with others who truly love the Lord. God gives us this unquenchable thirst for a reason. Regarding the old paths we cannot disregard what He currently putting together. If we stand back and look at the big picture, I believe we will see something unprecedented that is occurring in our time. May God bring us both fellowship in the deepest levels. Hey, maybe you can move to Celina?

2011/6/27 10:34Profile

Re:

You can't start something that Jesus has already started. He birthed the Church. We just gather together and fellowship around Him.

If you want to "start" something, start gathering with other believers and don't take control away from the Holy Spirit.

Be faithful with the few He has given you. It's not about quantity, but quality.

2011/6/27 10:48

Where is the remnant?
The true Church; the remnant, has been sown by the Lord into death.

"Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,

" You are My people! "
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’”..Hosea 2:23

The emerging Worldwide Church must first die...as a seed must, before it bears much fruit. I believe this process began about 12 years ago. Those who are of the remnant have been rejected, spurned, outcast, and overall; CRUCIFIED.

It must be so, for every particle of the church of Religious flesh....strengthened by the hand of man, must depart. This is impossible to do with our own strength, so God Himself is applying this deadly fire in order to bring forth a purity. This must be forged in Faith, and this faith is established with individuals who are called to learn to Trust God; not themselves.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
{This, and this alone, is the place that Fathers are born.]

5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.

8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life.

9 Yes, we had the ...........SENTENCE OF DEATH WITHIN OURSELVES,.......... that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, 10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does..",,,2 Corinthians 1..

There must be a "PURE AND SPOTLESS BRIDE". How can this be possible? Only through Resurrection!...but there first must be a death...and of course, the sentence of death. I believe that there are about 2 million believers in America that are being Crucified in a like manner.

There will be a Church in America that when the World looks at her, they will see Jesus. This Church will be given unfeigned authority to accomplish greater Works, destroy the works of Satan, and radiantly shine to be the witness she was called to be. [ martyred witnesses too]. She will be fearful to all...and glorious..but today...she must be slain that all of her trust and need and worship will be directed to her Husband, not herself.

I hope to be a part of her...and it is possible that this is your struggle also. Jesus is Lord and Master and will acomplish the purpose whereby He was sent. US!

2011/6/27 10:52
raguas

Re:

I was using the term very loosely. But not meant negatively.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse readers.

2011/6/27 14:24Profile
raguas

Re:

I think others caught the spirit of what I was saying.

I understand what you mean. I was soliciting prayer and support.

2011/6/27 14:36Profile
raguas

Re:

I am in much prayer right now about all this and I assure you, I am learning to ponder [like Mary] the things my wife shares with me and not take it lightly.

Celina huh :)

Thanks

2011/6/27 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy