SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Women Pastor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Vinny82

Women Pastor

"A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;" 1 Timothy 3:2

Our ideologies used to explain our disobedience to God's Word only shows how much we do not care for what God says. Regardless if men stand up or not. Regardless if you think the Spirit is using women who are pastors. Those who truly love God, obey Him. The Spirit of God is subject to the prophet. Wether you preach or expel demons in His name, you can still be totally out of the will of God. So, to say the Spirit is using women it is not an excuse to desobedience to God's will.
Be not deceived!

"A bishop then must be blameless, the HUSBAND of one wife..." 1 Timothy 3:2

2011/6/26 19:39Profile
passerby

Re: Women Pastor

Plainly stated, do you mean, the counsel of God being degenerated to the confines of human reasoning, alibis, or perhaps also with a disobedient heart, in open defiance to what God had told us.

2011/6/26 21:56Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

brothers,
I am not saying I agree with women being pastors either. But what does this scripture prove?

1Ti 3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

1Ti 3:11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

The greek word for deacon is diakonos.

The same word which is used to describe Phebe, in Romans 16:1.

2011/6/26 22:07Profile
rbanks

Re:

*Edit to remove sarcasm

Brother just so you know, I don’t believe in dishonoring women who are anointed and called of God to the ministry. I don't believe in dishonoring women period.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/26 22:30Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Brother just so you know, I don’t believe in dishonoring women who are anointed and called of God to the ministry. I don't believe in dishonoring women period.

rbanks, this was water to my soul. thank you.

2011/6/28 17:04Profile

Re: Women Pastor...Woman minister

I will offer my take and balance on this issue.

Below is the ministry of the Holy Spirit. This ministry is neither male, nor female...It is Christ in us. This anointing upon US, members of His Body; THE LORD JESUS in us, and through us. Sisters and Brothers may, and should participate devotedly as a lifestyle in this calling.

Can a sister announce the goodness of Jesus to another? Surely. Can a sister minister to the broken hearted? I hope so. How about a sister having power over devils, and ministering in direct prayer over the sick and possessed?? I have seen it.

Can a sister in Christ proclaim her faith that Jesus is indeed returning?..and comfort the lost and the body with this faith?..[ vs:2]

Can she be a life giver as the Holy spirit moves upon her with agape love and mercy...ministering love and joy? Surely she can...if she is born again.

I would qualify this idea by stating that women can be in ministry as much or more than men, ALL of Isaiah 61, and yet none of local eldership..[always plural and equal..]...because saying this, the female is the weaker vessel, and it is unnatural for her to teach, or usurp authority in THE LOCAL ASSEMBLY...over men. It is unscriptural for a reason...doing so will bring chaos.

Isaiah 61...[Darby translation]
1. "The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me, because Jehovah hath anointed me to announce glad tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2. to proclaim the acceptable year of Jehovah, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

3. to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, that beauty should be given unto them instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness: that they might be called terebinths of righteousness, the planting of Jehovah, that he may be glorified.

4. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the places desolate from generation to generation.

5. And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your ploughmen and your vinedressers.

6. But as for you, ye shall be called priests of Jehovah; it shall be said of you: Ministers of our God. Ye shall eat the wealth of the nations, and into their glory shall ye enter.

7. Instead of your shame [ye shall have] double; instead of confusion they shall celebrate with joy their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double; everlasting joy shall be unto them.

8. For I, Jehovah, love judgment, I hate robbery with wrong; and I will give their recompense in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

9. And their seed shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are a seed that Jehovah hath blessed."....[MALE ANF FEMALE BODY MEMBERS]

I think we should guard against ideas that sisters are in any way inferior, and keep ourselves as men circumspect from temptations of prideful macho-isms in any way. The female is one-half of the body of Christ...and generally has been left out of the mission of Christ in many ways.

2011/6/28 19:08
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Very well said, Tom.

Let us consider the opposite side of the issue: is it proper for males to minister to females dealing with female issues? No. Most would agree with this. Since this is the case why do females insist on doing what is naturally and Biblicaly a man's job?

There is so much work for females to do - that is not getting done - I personally do not see why any would even want to carry the job of leadership of an assembly of Believers.

Sometimes I really do wonder if the issue of leadership is not at its heart an issue of desiring and exercising power/lordship over others instead of serving others? If a body is busy in serving, the issue of exercising power would cease to be troubling.

Get involved in doing the unpleasant jobs, the ones that get little notice and glory. I promise you if you do it as unto the LORD you will find fulfillment you never dreamed of. Then the problem of exercising leadership over others becomes ridiculous - to you.

Blessings...

2011/6/28 19:45Profile
passerby

Re:

Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant

Isa 3:12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Adam, Eve, Saul were damned because of seemingly simple disobedience but for the benefit of the doubt can anyone probe these verses with strong scriptural references.

2011/6/28 23:22Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

*EDIT

removed by poster

2011/6/29 0:48Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re: Women Pastor

You know what I saw when I read this thread? The attitude of the world. Now honestly most here on SI are seeking a fellowship we can;t get at a local level. They call us extreme and judgemental when we tell them (even in love) what Gods word says. I saw one attack on the brother who posted this "Brother I sure do hope you are as zealous to obey God in keeping all his commandments as you are in telling women what they can do and what they can’t do." WOW....if we all had a dime for every time we heard that attitude. who are you to tell me to live holy. Like you never sin. Its almost laugh able to see it on here. yet sad. rjbanks you went on to say "I sure do hope you can get all the women who are preaching as a pastor to quit sinning as you say and start obeying God like you are proclaiming that you doing so well at....The way your beginning post sounds, it’s seems almost like you have a critical and dishonoring spirit...." Its you brother that has a critical and dishonoring spirit. I'm calling you out. You attacked this brother instead of sticking to the issue. Repent.

2011/6/29 6:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy