SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : What would Jesus think? Churches now promote Islam

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 What would Jesus think? Churches now promote Islam

Dozens of Christian churches, from Park Hill Congregational in Denver to Hillview United Methodist in Boise, Idaho, and First United Lutheran in San Francisco to St. Elizabeth's Episcopal Church in Honolulu, are planning to send "a message both here at home and to the Arab and Muslim world about our respect for Islam" with a time to read the Quran during worship this Sunday.

It's not just wrong, but dangerous, according to Christian trends analysts.
The aim of the program, which is promoted by social activists behind the Faith Shared website, is to counter the message from Islamic activists who say opposition to their religion is the product of what they call a cottage industry of hate. ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=314661

2011/6/25 11:37Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: What would Jesus think? Churches now promote Islam

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39731&forum=48&2

This could not be happening unless God permitted it to fulfill His plans. God said it - I believe it.

Quote:
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

2011/6/25 12:04Profile

Re:

I think a better question is: what DOES Jesus think of it?

2011/6/25 13:58
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

"Dozens of Christian churches, from Park Hill Congregational in Denver to Hillview United Methodist in Boise, Idaho, and First United Lutheran in San Francisco to St. Elizabeth's Episcopal Church in Honolulu, are planning to send "a message both here at home and to the Arab and Muslim world about our respect for Islam"

Fantastically absurd.

The religion founded by the prophet of Allah is anti-Christ in the very fullest sense of the word. He was an anti-christ and the religion that he left for the world is anti-christ.

"Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)."

- Quran 3:64

They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

- Quran 9:31

"They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help."

- Quran 5:72

Let us come to common terms?

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."

- 1John 2:22(KJV)

We can respect(have care and regard for their persons and dignity) people regardless or inspite of their religion because they were made in God's image. There's no need to send a phony message about respecting their religion that has at its core, the destruction of your own.

2011/6/25 15:18Profile
Questor

Re: Jesus on Christo/Islam

Yeshua, in my mind, would be, I think, sad and resigned to the necessity of allowing the Adversary to work his wiles on the world.

It seems to be a necessary transition to allow the Anti-Christ to come to power, with Islam pushing a Caliphate, and also the Madhi.

I also believe that however Yeshua views the day by day design of the Adversary, however, that He is not pleased to have such blasphemy being spoken of and taught in any assembly.

Q

2011/7/3 22:18Profile
mguldner

Kansas

I found over the years (though they are few) to not look to what "churches" are doing, if they are choosing to bring in the AntiChrist in their worship of the One True God then its likely they aren't apart of The Church. We must understand the Church of Christ is each and everyone of us that stands in the Will of the Father. We are His bride and like a good Bridegroom He knows who is His.

These churches obviously are the mark of the foolish virgins because to do something like this would show they really don't know Christ because they don't know His Word.

Thank you also Chris for posting the words of the Quran that show even Islam sees these churches action as acts of heresy causing strife and damaging those churches witness as a Christian congregation.

Did Christ teach what the Pharisee taught out of respect for the Pharisees? Did he try to compromise the Truth in hope of not offending them?

2011/7/4 8:07Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I did not read the article since I saw WND in it. I won't read there stuff. BUT my opinion is just from the headline and using it for my opinion.

I think the appropiate response would be the send letters to these churches confronting them about what they are doing.

A response of nature is going to be one of going overboard and doing what a person thinks is right in the Name of God by getting in the faces of these people and shouting at them or doing something destructive. Jesus got violent when the house of God was made into a den of thieves and money changers.

Yet when he 'partied' with sinners he told stories in order to reveal spiritual truths.

How would the christian community-leadership respond? Who is the christian leadership anyway? People we hear on radio and see on tv? I am confused on that one.

And again, this is my own opinion also based on what I have read as well. I won't read WND.

2011/7/4 8:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy