SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the purpose for a believer to turn from sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
However tainted by sin it may be, there will be an element of His holiness and practical righteousness produced by Him if you are born again.

And this I have said from the start. 'However tainted it might be', even to the point of undiscernable, which is why it is no good evidence of salvation.

OJ

2011/7/1 15:33
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
And this I have said from the start. 'However tainted it might be', even to the point of undiscernable, which is why it is no good evidence of salvation.

Old_Joe, I can show you where you seem to state that we cannot keep God's commandments at all, not even with God's help. You seem to have denied any practical deeds of righteousness in a believer's life. You have stated that the only righteousness we have is the imputed righteousness of Christ by faith. But if you are acknowledging that God does work a certain amount of practical righteousness or holiness that is from Him through His grace and power, then I am glad to see that.

Regarding your statements about evidence of salvation, to accept them I would have to reject the clear teaching of God's Word in numerous passages. One clear example is the entire epistle of 1John, which has already been pointed out to you. One of the main thrusts of that epistle is concerning evidence of true and false conversion. Although outword virtuous behavior is not thee only evidence of true conversion, it certainly is a basic evidence. The Scripture is crystal clear on that, though there is more evidence than that. Over and over we are warned not to be deceived into believing we can live like devils and still be saved.
It is very concerning to me that you have shown so much contempt toward this clear teaching and warning of God's Word, and have encouraged others here to do likewise.

2011/7/1 18:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
you seem to state....You seem to have denied...seem to...seem to

All of a sudden you go from proclaiming false teacher and heretic to seem to...seem to?

Anoint thine eyes with eyesalve that thou mayest see....

OJ

2011/7/1 18:50
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Joe, I have been using the word "seem" all this time and all of a sudden you take offense at it. That's fine. We can end it here if you like. Take care.

2011/7/1 19:00Profile

Re:

I think I have figured it out by the name of your blog.

You believe you are promoting PURE christian truth IE 100% accurate with no mixture of error in your blog (little do you know how many places you are off). Even Dove never made the claim of 100% purity. Likewise with righteousness and the keeping of the commmandments, you believe that keeping them by 90% or 50% or even 10% is actually "keeping them" in the sense of fulfilling the righteousness that they require. But guess what, even Dove at 99.99% can't say it is 100% pure. Even your effort of 99.99% does not fulfill the law of righteousness, and guess what, that .01% makes you guilty of ALL of the law.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of ALL.

IE your inability to love the Lord your God with ALL your heart makes you as guilty as the murderer, the drunkard, the thief and even the sodomite, but worse than that, you do it in the light of scripture.

What then marks the difference between you and they?

OJ

2011/7/1 19:08

Re:

Quote:
Joe, I have been using the word "seem" all this time and all of a sudden you take offense at it.

Actually you were pretty sure of yourself earlier, the 'seem to' only popped up of late. I don't take offense though, it just builds the case of the character.

Quote:
That's fine. We can end it here if you like. Take care.

Great, I am about to walk away from this place anyway.

OJ

2011/7/1 19:24
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
You believe you are promoting PURE christian truth IE 100% accurate with no mixture of error in your blog (little do you know how many places you are off).

Joe, I can't let you get off the hook with such a misrepresentation of my blog. I mean "Pure" in the essentials of the Faith once delivered to the saints. In the Statement of Faith you can see what I mean by essentials. If you browse through it a little, you will see different views on non-essentials there represented. But maybe I do need to change the name as it may be misleading. Thanks for the input.

2011/7/1 20:06Profile

Re:

A few more comments for you.

On your blog you write this:

"True faith in Christ has to do with placing all of our trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone for our salvation and not in ourselves or anything that we do."

And then come in here and argue against that very premise. When you say ALL, it truly means ALL in spite of any evidence for or against.

Then you have a statement of faith not written by you, but written by another, and then place articles contrary to that statement of faith in your blog. IE gotquestions definition of repentance is very different from Macarthur's. If you do not have the werewithal to write your own statement of faith, at least do not take credibility from one source and then deny it with another.

I realize in the world of fast food it is much easier to cut and paste, which is why most blogs are simply regurgitations of the thoughts of about the same 100 people worldwide, but if you believe something, you write it, don't cookbook it. There is no credibility to someone who does not write their own statement of faith.

OJ

2011/7/1 23:14

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy