SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Mohler: homosexuality comments reflect Scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Mohler: homosexuality comments reflect Scripture

Seminary president R. Albert Mohler Jr. says comments he made about homosexuality at the Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting reflect biblical teaching, and his remarks are receiving support from two prominent evangelical leaders who minister to the homosexual community.

In his June 15 comments at the SBC meeting, Mohler -- president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky. -- said Christians have "not done well on this issue," have told only "half the truth" regarding homosexuality and have practiced a "certain form of homophobia." He went on to say it's "clear that it's more than a choice" and is "not something that people can just turn on and turn off." He also was clear in calling homosexuality a sin.

"We are not a Gospel people unless we understand that only the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ gives a homosexual person any hope of release from homosexuality," Mohler ...

read more: http://baptistpress.com/BPnews.asp?ID=35615

2011/6/24 10:05Profile

Predispositions not Predetermination..[ We were born that way.."]

I thought this article to be very sound doctrinally, and I especially liked the quote below by Mohler;

"While I don't believe in the genetic arguments at all, I do believe in predispositions -- which is not the same thing as predetermination," Stith said.

"As Bible-believing Christians we shouldn't be surprised at this since the Bible makes clear that we are all born into sin, that we are by nature children of wrath. The bottom line is that we must be about the best ways to bring people into the fullness of Christ."

I was part of a larger organization in the mid-70s that had [has] an outreach to the "Gay" community in San Francisco...SOS San Francisco...[facebook...Larry Rosenbaum..]

We preached Jesus to them full time, mostly in the "Castro", which may be the center of the world for Gays and Lesbians. We had a coffee house to draw them in, and saw limited conversions, but some.

The truth be told....fornicators and adulterers, the proud and the greedy, and homosexuals ALL are equally condemned without Godly repentance. There is a lot of stigma upon one that emerged out of that particular sin, and it is wrong.

I also think about the oddities in nature that occur from time to time...Morphaditism...a two sexed person. Are they damned?..I think not automatically. It goes against God's nature....and where can a young man or woman go to be restored; and not condemned?; Hardly anywhere.

The other side of this coin is the aggressive nature of this spirit, and it appears that when it gains power it possesses a consuming life of it's own..to the point that entire cultures are consumed by it...Like Sodom, Gommorah, and the connecting plain cities. This appears to be happening again.

Everyone was infected by it as the norm, as Abraham found out, to his dismay, as he interceded face to face with the Father for them. The entire EARTH was consumed by this before, with only Noah and the 7 escaping.

We must believe that the Blood of Jesus is sufficient, and be a people of mercy, but not without repentance toward God without compromise as our standard. Unsanctified mercy kills...yet we must view the homosexual as we would any other lost one....and in this we are lacking as a people.

2011/6/24 10:52
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Predispositions not Predetermination..[ We were born that way.."]

When I worked at a Crises Pregnancy Center, we were told that immorality is more addictive then anything else, including narcotics. (Since then other stronger substances have been introduced into the market so I am not sure whether this is true in reference to meth, crack or whatever. But feel certain it is still true.) If this is the case, this should explain why overcoming these behaviors is so difficult. It is a sin issue that also has within it addictive qualities unlike other sins.

It is no wonder why Bro. Paul, in referring to sexual sin, said it should not once be named among you. And what church can say this? I do not know of any...

2011/6/24 11:42Profile
rbanks

Re:

Another great post BrotherTom and Ginnyrose!

We are all born in sin and subject to all kinds of sins. The power of Christ is the only power that can truly deliver from any sin. I believe that this particular sin is more demonic in nature because it is not a natural sin because it goes against the natural order of creation. I believe that many are being deceived into this sin even among Christian people.

I believe we must be compassionate toward people but we must hate the sin. The problem is how to have a proper balance when a society, because of many influential people, is bent toward acceptance of this sin as an alternate lifestyle even to the point of pushing marriage as an acceptance of this ungodly lifestyle.

The sinner does not need an acceptance to keep on sinning for this will never result in true conversion. He needs to know that God will accept him/her in the forgiveness of Jesus Christ in regard to his sins being washed away in the precious blood of the one who died for his/her sins. The sinner does need compassion toward him when he wants to be delivered from sin because he agrees with Gods verdict on all sin.

The Apostle said it well in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NKJV) 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Blessings to all!

2011/6/24 11:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy