SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New York Atheists Angry Over Street Sign

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

New York Atheists Angry Over Street Sign

A group of New York City atheists is demanding that the city remove a street sign honoring seven firefighters killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks because they say the sign violates the separation of church and state.

The street, “Seven in Heaven Way,” was officially dedicated last weekend in Brooklyn outside the firehouse where the firefighters once served. The ceremony was attended by dozens of firefighters, city leaders and widows of the fallen men.

“There should be no signage or displays of religious nature in the public domain,” said Ken Bronstein, president of New York City Atheists. “It’s really insulting to us.” Bronstein told Fox News Radio that his organization was especially concerned with the use of the word “heaven.” “We’ve concluded as atheists there is no heaven and there’s no hell,” he said.

Continue Reading on www.foxnews.com

2011/6/22 22:53Profile
EverestoSama

Re: New York Atheists Angry Over Street Sign

Quote:
“We’ve concluded as atheists there is no heaven and there’s no hell,” he said

For some reason this made me laugh. That atheists can just conclude something, and that's good enough to make it so, and now everyone has to dance to their tune.

2011/6/22 23:33Profile
rbanks

Re:

Hey brother notice this was further down in the article.

Quote:

David Silverman, president of American Atheists, agreed calling on the city to remove the sign. “It implies that heaven actually exists,” Silverman told Fox News Radio.
Quote:

It seems they are really worried about something that to them doesn't exist.

They say that they will sue over this sign if the word "heaven" is not removed.

These people are a sad case.

2011/6/23 0:01Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Wait a minute, When are atheist ever not angry?

And for those that are against the sign please prove heavens nonexistance ;)

2011/6/23 5:09Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
And for those that are against the sign please prove heavens nonexistance ;)

Wait up Matt, didn't you see the part where it said that they'd concluded that there's no heaven? That settles it right? Atheists just have to agree that something isn't real and it instantly becomes fact.

2011/6/23 10:43Profile

i'm laughing....because them godless humps just picked a fight with the wrong bunch of guys-----FDNY!!!!!

you know what the FDNY's going to tell them to do with their "conclusion"?

i cant say it on this forum.

i love the FDNY...(or any FD) coz they're the guys going IN, when everybody else is fleeing out...my kind of guys. God bless them all.

2011/6/23 14:00

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy