SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Strongest verse ever refuting "once saved always saved".

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
gazzer

Re:

jesus said many are called but few are chosen

many who are called for eturnal life
are drawn by the holy spirit and even taste the holy spirt and powers of the age to come ,but fall away ,and do not indure ,, satan steels away the seed from there heart

all who are called have there names writtern in the book of life but only those who are chossen ,are the ones whose names will not be blotted out from the book of life

that is how isee that verse in revalation

many who are not truly born again taste of the holy spirit ,begin to repent begin to have faith begin to be santfied exisises spiritual power but fall away they say to the lord did we not cast out demons in your name did we not this did we not that ,jesus will say to them depart from me you workers of iniquity ,I NEVER NEW YOU ,,,for they are not will to deni them selfs ,and as jesus said are not worthy to be called a deciple

most veres that are used to refute the persaverence of the saints are also interpretad by the calvinists

if we study the great men of revivle like jonathen edawrds ,george whitfield we see that they defended evey verse in the bible with sound words ,tho i cant say i except or understand all of what these me knew ,there wisdom was obvious,and there lives produced great revivles which changed the world ,,that i respect weather i understand them or not ,,,they were men of prayer and saints of the most high

2011/6/24 4:58Profile

Re:

Brother, these verses are written by John and I would love to have anyone's take on them, though they seem to say what they say, plainly enough. I couldn't help but notice the two "herebys".

And 'hereby' we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: 'hereby' know we that we are in Him.
He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked.

[1Jn 2:3-6]

2011/6/24 5:12
gazzer

Re:

hi brother

keeping gods comandments is the evedence of the newbirth
or being in christ

i dont believe for one seconed ,that it means if we keep his commands ,we will acheve or work our way to salvation

if your baring good fruit your a good tree

i your baring bad fruit ,your a bad tree

not
if you baring good fruit you will become a good tree

i think the whole letter of john is auneque letter for the persaverence of the saints ,and for the condemnation of the false professer

2011/6/24 5:57Profile

Re:

Quote:
The "cost" is our deciding to not live for ourselves any longer but for Him Who is The Word of GOD & Himself GOD.

That is actually a benefit not a cost. If salvation is a free gift, what truly can be the "cost"?

OJ

2011/6/24 8:08

Re:

Quote:
Brother, these verses are written by John and I would love to have anyone's take on them, though they seem to say what they say, plainly enough. I couldn't help but notice the two "herebys".

And 'hereby' we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoso keepeth His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: 'hereby' know we that we are in Him.
He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked.

[1Jn 2:3-6]

What does it mean to 'keep' His commandments? It cannot be properly answered until we do it through the light of realizing that none of us are sinless, and all struggle with sin. If we try to make some kind of minimum level of sin that we deal with as the marker it becomes egocentric. So what really does it mean to 'keep' His commandments?

Interestingly, Tamar, Rahab, Manasseh and Bathsheba are all in the direct lineage of Christ (Matt 1), and all are children of God, each with their own peculiar traits.

OJ

2011/6/24 8:19

Re:

Further to that in the hope of not closing the gate of salvation entirely for sinners, I would like to hear an interpretation of 1 John 3:6,8-9, in light of the understanding that a Christian is not sinless.

OJ

2011/6/24 8:31
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Ah Old Joe you are a tricky one ;) but I like how you think my brother.

From what I read in 1 John 3:6,8-9 and what the Lord has given to me as the interpretation is our attitude toward sin has changed.

We cannot go on sinning as we once did before because we have seen the Christ and His Beauty and so sin looses its appeal and zest in our lives causing us to have it removed from us, and this is good because that is exactly what Christ did on the Cross for us, not only atoned for our sin BUT completely REMOVED it. Pretty awesome when you think about it.

I found something interesting in Leviticus 26:41b "-then when their uncircumcised hearts are humbled and they pay for their sins," And the wages of sin is death, this I believe is why Paul declares "It is no longer I who live but Christ. We are already dead in our sins but Christ becomes our New Life through Grace, and His grace is New and Infinite each day as Christ works out of me the death that remains on the inside.

The closer I get to God the more wicked I become (or see myself as more wicked in the True Light) When exposed to full on light you can no longer hide in the dark.

Attitude my friend is everything and its only through Christ can such an attitude exsist because I am a wretch that if left unleashed by the Holy Spirit would run to sin with great zeal BUT alas the Seed of Christ in me doesn't allow for such tomfooler.

Hope that makes sense :)

2011/6/24 8:44Profile

Re:

In the language 1 John 3:6,8-9 is differentiated from 'a' sin to a 'life-style' of sin.

"Obedience" is through-out the N.T. and is not to be condemned as there are ample verses "commanding it".
We should never fear or shy away from those verses that speak of obedience, as those posted earlier from 1John 2:3-6.
There is no reason to fear "taking the glory" From GOD for our meager reverence for His Whole Word in the N.T. - with all it's commands and should never be made to feel ashamed that once He has bought us at such a great price and has saved us - that we "follow Him" in every way that He has written that we should in the N.T..

If one takes what they do in obedience to His Word and "commandments" [that are 'written'] and gets "proud" of their obedience - then their obedience is not orginating from LOVE - the first and second Commandments.
Pride is the opposite of Loving GOD & others.
Love lays it's life down for others etc 1 Corth 13.

Obedience is out of Love. No obedience - No True Love for Him!

That's what HE said.

2011/6/24 13:19

"Love"

2nd post reply - Regarding "prostitutes" and others who Jesus' life touched in the N.T. - did He not say, "Go and sin no more." [less something worse come upon you]?

I don't espouse "sinless perfection". We are all tempted and fail in not 'walking-in-the-spirit' 24/7 but the Word is clear about a 'continuous lifestyle' of walking after our/the flesh.

HE said, "If" we sin, we have an advocate with The Father ... and if we confess, He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse ... etc..

There's no boasting or pride in the obedience that comes from a heart of Love of a Bride for her Bridegroom. They who have been forgiven much, Love much, as Mary, who Jesus cast 7 demons out of. When she was saved - she was so in love with Him - she was one of His greatest followers. She didn't continue in her old ways AT ALL.
The Beloved "submits" to her Husband because Love becomes selfless, more and more and submitting becomes a pleasure and a passion, not a source of pride or anything she takes credit for. It's a Total Love Story, Friend.
If she hungers after Him with all of her heart, mind, soul and strength, then like anyone else who is very deeply in Love - she won't want to hear nor see anything but Him and whatever He's written in His Love letters to her and follow through on whatever He's asked in them. "Love is not proud. Love doesn't boast" 1Corth13

Gal 5 "the marriage" - wives submit - speaking of Christ and His Church.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2011/6/24 14:02

Re: "Love"

Quote:
The Beloved "submits" to her Husband because Love becomes selfless, more and more and submitting

Indeed it does, but for it to be able to continue in the "more and more" category it will have had to begun in the "less and less" category. In some people the rate of growth in the "more and more" is very small, even indiscernable for a very long time.

OJ

2011/6/24 14:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy