SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Strongest verse ever refuting "once saved always saved".

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

looserchapel, are you a missionary in Antananarivo? I have always had a hard time pronouncing the name of that city. I have never been there. Were you born and raised there? What is life like there? Have you ever been to the island of Mauritius? I hear it is a vacation island and much smaller than Madagascar.

2011/6/23 18:56

Re:

gazzer thanks for your thoughts. I think the danger may be in just completely turning one's back on the Lord to enjoy the pleasures of sin. But some would argue that the Lord would deal severely with you if you were a Christian and bring you back into alignment with Him. I just know from my own experience that staying out of the will of God eventually brings judgment.

Here is an amazing verse too in Rev. 2:20-23. Jezebel was encouraging the belivers to engage in fornication and to eat things sacrificed to idols. The Lord tells her to repent or else he will cast her into a bed of extreme tribulation. So, even if she doesn't repent, the Lord still will not give up on her. She wil suffer very much. Is it for the sake of punishment or sanctification or both? The Lord only knows, but the wonderful thing is even this lady the Lord will not give up on even though she is so much in error in her beliefs.

2011/6/23 19:02

Re:

It would be a good idea to re-read Rev 2:20-23.

KJV - Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; 'and she repented not.'
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except 'they' repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

No one who encourages others to commit fornication goes to Heaven.

1Co 6:9, 10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If any man or woman teaches that those who practice these things as a lifestyle are going to Heaven - they are guilty of the sin of the Jezebel or Balaam that Christ warns about in Rev 2:14-23

It doesn't matter if one believes OSAS or not in this case.
The Reformed would say that they were never saved to begin with if their lifestyle is unchanged and the freewill people would say the same or that these people backslid in this case, but those who say that these would be saved, are contradicting the very Words of GOD and causing others to stumble. Not a good situation to be in.

2011/6/23 22:00

Re: Strongest verse ever refuting "once saved always saved".

Quote:
Anybody have any thoughts about this verse?

no.

seems like you got it already figgered out.

i've seen this time and time before. Somebody sets up a strawman argument, appropriates Scripture verses to buttress their theo-presupposition, and then the bait..

" Anybody have any thoughts about this verse?"

cmon, all you want are two things, either a yes and amen, followed by some praise, or you want a refutation of your refutation, followed by a multiple posting long boring turgid religious argument.

no wonder outsiders...oh excuse me, i mean heathens, see very little Jesus in our lives, very little to make them envious of so great a salvation.

2011/6/23 22:09

Re: why didnt you say this at the start of thread?

Quote:
I want to be more forthcoming now. I have had an ongoing sexual addiction in my life for 30 years. About a year ago the Lord brought me into severe judgment for this sin. The Holy Spirit moved away from me. I lost the close fellowship with the Lord and His tender touch of the Holy Spirit. He does not speak to me anymore. I am more affliced by the demonic. For this reason I think at times I tend to doubt my salvation.

thats REAL and AUTHENTIC, such heartfelt confession is put forward for us to love you, encourage you, help nurture you by the Jesus that lives in us all.

too many people hide behind the brittle crust of religiousity, because they're wrapped in fear of others. But those who live in love, live in God and God in him, therefore there is no fear, no codemnation in Christ Jesus, only loving your neighbor as yourself, but you have to risk all, and just be real.

and those who want to rebuke you, mark and avoid you, let them. the opinion of man matters for nothing.

2011/6/23 22:25

Re:

"No one who encourages others to commit fornication goes to Heaven"

Was that a divine revelation? You better go back and add something to Rev. 2:23. How about, "And then she shall go to hell".

Brother you can't read this passage of the Bible without knowing the great mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ towards His people. There was a guy in the NT who was having sex with his own mother. Jesus said to hand him over to Satan SO THAT HIS SOUL WOULD BE SAVED in the day of our Lord Jesus. Thanks.

2011/6/24 0:31

Re:

On another thread you asked what is this 'truth' etc.

I see by your response to HIS WORD that you don't see truth in the verses given.

Rough situation to be in. Jezebel "seduced" others to fornication. If you believe she's in Heaven right now - I'll just pray that you get more revelation on this topic and light on the verses posted above.
You're in my prayers.

2011/6/24 0:36

Re:

Since you just changed and added quite a bit more to your post - I better quote your posts and then answer.

Quote:
by Endzone on 2011/6/23 21:31:11

"No one who encourages others to commit fornication goes to Heaven"

Was that a divine revelation? You better go back and add something to Rev. 2:23. How about, "And then she shall go to hell".

Brother you can't read this passage of the Bible without knowing the great mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ towards His people. There was a guy in the NT who was having sex with his own mother. Jesus said to hand him over to Satan SO THAT HIS SOUL WOULD BE SAVED in the day of our Lord Jesus. Thanks.

Jezebel did Not repent - the man in the Church at Corinth Did.

2011/6/24 0:41
budgie

Re:

Salvation is a person and an ongoing relationship
God first loved us and gave us his Son that whoever believeth in him shall have everlasting life and not be wasted
If we truly value the gift of eternal life and are willing to die so that we may live then Jesus will keep us in his hand
He that endureth to the end will be saved
Let us run the race set before us that we may obtain the crown of life
If we walk in the light as he is in the light we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanses us from all sin
If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness

2011/6/24 1:23Profile

Re:

Endzone, sometimes it's just better to start all over again with The LORD, as if it were the first time coming to Him for Salvation and regeneration then to wonder if we're saved or not.
If we live in sin for all of our 'saved' lives, it's better to just put those years behind us and be humble enough to say to Him, "LORD, I didn't get it right the first time around, but I'd like to live for You and not for myself." ... and whatever else you'd like to say to Him and ask of Him but definitely ask for an 'understanding' of His Word [the truth] because without that, we're all sitting ducks for anything that comes at us.
In eternity, you'll never regret that you humbled yourself and made the right choice to join yourself Him, the sincere and right way - fully counting the cost and willing to live out what you read in His Word.
The "cost" is our deciding to not live for ourselves any longer but for Him Who is The Word of GOD & Himself GOD.
I wouldn't get into anything else but what His Word plainly says and clearly commands/demands of us.

He does Love you and does set the sincere captives completely free, and sometimes even over-night or in an instant. Jer 29:13
Glory to The One Who died to truly set us Free!

2011/6/24 1:38

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy