SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : In China, gov't-run church puts pressure on Shouwang

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 In China, gov't-run church puts pressure on Shouwang

Members of a persecuted church in China are under pressure from an unexpected source: self-proclaimed Christians.

Shouwang Church, a large, illegal house church in Beijing, is enduring its 11th week of government persecution over its repeated attempts to hold outdoor worship services in a public square. The government pressured the church out of its rented building earlier this year.

On Sunday, June 12, Chinese authorities rounded up 14 church members attempting to meet and brought them to police stations for questioning. But this interrogation, and that of the previous Sunday, brought a disturbing new twist, according to the religious freedom monitoring organization ChinaAid. In addition to police and government interrogators, the Shouwang Church members faced representatives of China's government-approved church, the Three-Self Patriotic Movement. ...

read more: http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=35585&ref=BPNews-RSSFeed0620

2011/6/21 10:39Profile
Jeremy221

Re: In China, gov't-run church puts pressure on Shouwang

I found this interesting but not alarming. The false government sponsored church opposing the true is no surprise. I praise God that our Chinese brethren have been counted worthy to share in the sufferings of our Lord. I pray that I will be found faithful and not blaspheme His holy Name when my time comes. The approval of men is a powerful temptation that I see and face often. The choice to walk in the Spirit comes with dying every day.

2011/6/21 12:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy