Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Radical

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dillman

St. Louis-MO

Radical

Quote:
"Well why in God's name do you expect to be accepted everywhere? How is it the world couldn't get on with the holiest man that ever lived and it can get on with you and me?!"

A few days ago I was speaking with one of my friends who had just begun to dabble with Christianity. She told me that she didn't own a Bible and didn't belong to a church, but when she had time she would go to some of her friend's churches and listen, but she never really understood. The next time I saw her I handed her an old Bible of mine that I got at camp and told her to read it, and if she had any questions she could ask me. Two days later I was chatting with her on facebook and I asked her, "have you read that Bible I gave you yet?" She said no, that she had no time, that other things were more important. So I asked her, what could be more important than God? To which she responded with a long list of things she had been doing, all of which were totally irrelevant. I asked if she prayed ever, she said in church but not really anywhere else. She said it was easier that way. Since when is being a Christian ever been easy?

I see this way to much in my school and in my church these days. Christians (especially in developed countries) have gotten to comfortable. If this world couldn't accept Jesus, the man we are supposed to be modeling our lives after, why is this world so comfortable with us? I have not lived very long, but in the short time I have been on this earth I have seen the number of Christians get smaller and smaller, and the Christians who are out there aren't doing anything about it! We as Christians cannot expect not to be misunderstood, we cannot expect to fit in, and we cannot accept to not be radical!

2011/6/21 2:24Profile

Re: Radical

Brother, whatever comes your way - no matter if you're stormed by a hundred 'christian' voices - don't ever change your feelings or attitude of being 'radical' - Amen, way to go and the way to stay.

Earlier while I was praying with His Word open, these verses jumped off the page, so to speak. I'd like to share them with you.

Luk 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
Luk 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
Luk 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

His Sheep Know His Voice and will not follow another.

The LORD Jesus Christ Bless you and you'll stay in my prayers - that no weapon formed against you shall prosper.

2011/6/21 2:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy