SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mama27

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers on this site - what an awesome privilege and responsibility you have to raise up children for the Lord. And for those whose children are raised, or for those who feel they didn't do so well, you have the privilege of praying for them.

And for good or for bad - my father was not a believer - but I am thankful for him still - he taught me many things about life and kindness....

Thank you Lord for fathers....and for the perfect FATHER that You are!!

2011/6/19 15:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Amen.

2011/6/19 15:23Profile

Sorry but i find the title of this post offensive. It's not your fault though. I'm just sick of having those words slammed in my face every day for the past entire week everywhere i go and reminding me of my grief. Happy F Day is NOT happy, and i speak for a lot of people. Please try to keep it down. Every year I hold my breath until it is over.
I did not expect to come on this site too and find Happy F Day smeared in my face here too. Sigh.

Again, no offense, it's not your fault and i am just venting.

2011/6/19 19:09
StarofG0D

United States

Quote:
my father was not a believer - but I am thankful for him still

Amen sister.

2011/6/19 19:13Profile
MaryJane

Quote:
Thank you Lord for fathers....and for the perfect FATHER that You are!!

Just wanted to say amen to this.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/6/19 19:36Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
Sorry but i find the title of this post offensive. It's not your fault though. I'm just sick of having those words slammed in my face every day for the past entire week everywhere i go and reminding me of my grief.

Sister, I pray that the Lord will bring His healing to your heart and Life.

I know we all can say we appreciate our heavenly Father who loved us so much that He gave us His Son.

We also appreciate those godly fathers and pray for more in our society. We truly need them.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/19 19:36Profile
mama27

Re:

Quote:
Sorry but i find the title of this post offensive.

CyAn,

I am sorry deep in my heart for your hurt...But to say you are offended by the title of my post?? I was intending it to the primarily believing fathers on this site, and to encourage them in their awesome responsibility before God. If God Himself is Father, there must be something good about even imperfect fathers. Just because some fathers are abusive and cruel, doesn't mean we don't wish blessing on those who are not. I am very sorry if I hurt you in any way - it was not my intent.

2011/6/19 20:15Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Dear Cyan,

This message this morning from Carter Conlon's wife, Teressa Conlon, was the most awesome message I have heard and I never expected to hear this kind of message on this day.

It could be preached any day of the year. It was powerful and I think you might like it. She lifts up Jesus, not man and I was so very blessed. You could see the moment the anointing of God came upon her. Anyway, God bless you abundantly as you draw close to the Lord in every way. We love you here and want to help in anyway to see you through this. Many have been hurt by man, I know for one that God can and will heal as we draw close to Him and set us free. We will know what happened but the Lord takes the sting away. Glory to God. He has done this for me and I am so very, very thankful. Only a loving God can do this for us.
I will pray with you and others as so many understand your pain.

J_H

http://sermon3a.tscnyc.ws/2011/mp3g/20110619S1.mp3

2011/6/19 21:00Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thanks Joyful_Heart!

I look forward to hearing this one.

This morning, Zac Poonen spoke another very good message for parenting in today's meeting at Abundant Life Christian Fellowship in Mountain View, CA. My wife and I do not have children (yet), but we were challenged and encouraged by this message. Brother Zac's text focused on Eli and Samuel (and their children) from I Samuel, but he mentioned other passages as well.

I will post a link to it here as soon as it is available online.

2011/6/19 21:14Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Yes, sorry that you are offended by a good thing. But, people cannot stop celebrating good things just because some have had bad experiences. CyAn, you have have some good experiences with other things, I am sure. Would you like someone to shut you down when you are expressing joy and thankfulness? We can rejoice with those that rejoice even if we are not able to experience what they are rejoicing about, personally. I pray you can understand that we should not all walk around with our heads hanging down ready to pounce on people when they offend us with their gratefulness and rejoicing.

In love,
Sarah

2011/6/19 22:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy