SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Getting rid of secular music...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
carters

Australia

Re:

It is done! I deleted all the secular music off of my itunes.

I hadn't listened to any of it in at least 2 years BUT it was still there sitting on my itunes...and I knew every time I went into itunes that God was bringing me to this moment of giving up everything that isn't glorifying to Him.

It must have had some sort of hold over me. But it is gone now. It is glorious to be free from these sorts of things.

Thank you all for your encouragment and support.

In Him
Sherid

2011/6/19 22:23Profile

Re:

I agree with all of this. I have pretty much abandoned most Christian music too... not because of style, but because you have to be a complete fool to really think that Christian music is about ministry. It most certainly is not. Now, there are some artists out there who are sincere in what they do, but they are few and far between. It's a money-making idol factory and the proof of that comes out when you watch something like the "Dove Awards". Most of the people up there singing did not even sing songs that had anything to do with God or the Bible.

I just received (for Father's Day) a CD I recommend to everyone... it's called "Exalted Worship", and it's by Scott Krippayne. The first track is an introduction by John MacArthur, and it's all hymns for the most part with Scott Krippayne doing the music and Kirk Cameron reading scriptures and offering up prayers to the Lord. It's amazing!

As a former heavy metal head banger... just the fact that I love a CD like "Exalted Worship" is proof of the work the Holy Spirit has done in my life, amen and amen.

Krispy

2011/6/20 8:44
ManofGod0000

Re:

brothers and sisters,

let me offer a word or understanding. Let us not become or appear as the pharisee does, music just like Harry potter is only entertainment, a movie or music, view it or focus on it only as such, not to move the soul, not to excite any channels within our lives, but just as it is.

nothing wrong with love songs for u n your spouse, i mean, are we really convicted of such or are we trying to clean the house that jesus can only purify?

I use the music to workout and to just pass time even as I pray, the real truth is that Our Lord knows our deepest thoughts, our heart, and out intentions.

He knows what if we love him regardless if we say it or not, he knows how unclean we r regardless if we know it or not, nothing is hidden from God. Our intentions are whats most important.

Now if u are truly convicted out of love to not listen to music or watch tv then thats understandable, if that really is the case.

I have had to talk to Jesus about many of the things that I have done to try to clean my house, I have sought deeply to determine what is right n wrong in the sight of God, but we r to listen for the Holy Spirit ot leadn and guide us into all truth. Everything isn't sin or bad, but too much of Anything is not good.

2011/6/20 11:04Profile
gazzer

Re:

i would say it is more out of convictin from the holy spirit ,that would be the reason why i dont listen to secural music,and most secular tv

about ten years ago ,i could listen to and watch anthing secular ,it desnt have anything to do with pharasisim,or legalisim ,but conversion and conviction
and about keeping our mind as much as we can upon holy things ,and rejecting things that dont casue holy thoughts in our minds
the bible said be renewed in the spirit of our mind

harry potter
and 90 percent of what the world gives us in music and telavision ,doesnt play a pert in renewing our minds
but in all reality does the verry oppasite ,and degrades the mind

but i do believe in some people there may be a legalist element ,,but from the comments i read here sounds like genuine conviction ,,so its not a good idea to call genuine conviction and a move towards renewing ones mind as pharseisim ,that in itself would be clased as phariseeisim

it is abutafull thing to see brothers and sisters contvicted towards the renewal of there regenrated mind ,

love to see that ,and for me that is a genuine love

2011/6/20 16:44Profile
gazzer

Re:

and to say what the bible says ,that what is not of faith is SIN ,is to be bibilical, and i do sin if i watch or listen to antyhing ,not in the spirit of faith ,and i dont want to justafie what the bible calls sin , that wouldnt be healthy

2011/6/20 16:49Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
brothers and sisters, let me offer a word or understanding. Let us not become or appear as the pharisee does, music just like Harry potter is only entertainment, a movie or music, view it or focus on it only as such, not to move the soul, not to excite any channels within our lives, but just as it is. nothing wrong with love songs for u n your spouse, i mean, are we really convicted of such or are we trying to clean the house that jesus can only purify? I use the music to workout and to just pass time even as I pray, the real truth is that Our Lord knows our deepest thoughts, our heart, and out intentions. He knows what if we love him regardless if we say it or not, he knows how unclean we r regardless if we know it or not, nothing is hidden from God. Our intentions are whats most important.

Brother the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Every man will give an account of him/her self to God. The bible says our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and that we are to glorify God in our body and spirit. We are to come out from amongst the world and be separate unto God. We are to touch not the unclean thing and God will be a Father unto us and we will be His sons and daughters.

Having these promises dearly beloved let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God according to 2 cor. 7:1-2.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/20 18:55Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
that what is not of faith is SIN ,is to be bibilical, and i do sin if i watch or listen to antyhing ,not in the spirit of faith ,and i dont want to justafie what the bible calls sin , that wouldnt be healthy

Dear gazzer,
God bless your heart my friend! God has done a work in you.

I cannot stand rock and pop music either. I do love music and play classical music and listen very occasionally to some selected instrumental jazz tunes. I shun away from christian rock and disdain some of the shallow Christian contemporary music. I fell in love with the old hymns and my kids like them, too. There are also some noteworthy new Christian hymns that I like such as "The power of the cross" or "In Christ Alone' etc.

2011/6/20 19:15Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

Rbanks,

i hear ya, but it appears that every response is so holy and filled with such conviction.

So I am assuming from the manner in which many of u have written on this subject that u are all dead completely dead to the world and secular music and tv is sinful?

This is not about good intentions its about the intent of the heart period. I dont profess to be good or ever have good intentions, I just want to be real, real with my friend Jesus and myself.

No sense in me or anyone pretending outwardly but yet the heart still longs for such things.

So again, I assume everyone that has responded has no dealings with anything worldly? Because that is the manner in which many of u all make it sound.

Doesnt really matter to me because we all have personal relationships with Christ, but I though it was important to point that out, man looks at the outward, but God sees and searches my heart.....

2011/6/20 21:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

May as well while were at it, get rid of Baked Beans,
Campbell’s Condensed Soups, Have you seen how much salt is in your classic Campbell’s condensed soup? Chicken Pot Pie, Hot Dogs, Luncheon Meats Commercial cold cuts are highly processed and packed with unhealthy additives.Ramen Noodles ,Saltines crackers, White Bread, White Pasta, White Potatoes, Baskin Robbin’s Large Heath Bar Shake, Coffee,Diet Soda, Eggnog, This creamy drink is a favorite around the holidays. Even without the liquor, it is quite fatty and unhealthy. Fruit Juice, Most commercial fruit juices are loaded with sugar. In fact, some fruit juices offer more sugar in one serving than a candy bar. Think about that the next time you go for some Hawaiian Punch.Fruit Smoothie, Red Bull, Soda, Whole Milk, Chocolate, Coffee Cake – This sugary baked good definitely tastes great, but it is full of refined sugars, artificial additives and fat.Cookies, Corn Chips, Doughnuts,French Fries,Ice Cream, Lunchables, This Oscar Mayer product is convenient for lunch or a quick snack, but contains highly processed meats, non-enriched bread and a lot of sodium.
Potato Chips, etc. if were going to get rid of things that are bad for us lets not stop at secular music.

2011/6/20 22:04Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
i hear ya, but it appears that every response is so holy and filled with such conviction. So I am assuming from the manner in which many of u have written on this subject that u are all dead completely dead to the world and secular music and tv is sinful? This is not about good intentions its about the intent of the heart period. I dont profess to be good or ever have good intentions, I just want to be real, real with my friend Jesus and myself. No sense in me or anyone pretending outwardly but yet the heart still longs for such things. So again, I assume everyone that has responded has no dealings with anything worldly? Because that is the manner in which many of u all make it sound.

I can't speak for everybody else but as for me I have learned a lot the hard way and have made a lot of wrong choices. I have repented a lot. I have come to realize that I need to abstain from certain things that are considered worldly in that if it cools my affection for God and is not uplifting to my spiritual walk with God then I must refrain from it altogether or get control of how I use the things of this world. The bible teaches that we need to be filled with the Spirit continually and that we need to be strong in the Lord. So I must guard my heart and make sure I am not indulging in something that pleases my flesh so that I would become more carnal instead of being spiritual in walking with God.

We need to have power with God. The Spirit is always ready the flesh is weak so we must pray continually and spend time building up our spiritual man. We must build up ourselves on our most holy faith praying in the Holy Spirit so that we can keep ourselves in the love of God looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ at His appearing.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/20 22:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy