SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Top Scholar on Hell: Rob Bell Is Right, Punishment Not Forever

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Top Scholar on Hell: Rob Bell Is Right, Punishment Not Forever

One of the world’s foremost scholars on hell says he agrees with Rob Bell, that a loving God cannot allow people to burn and writhe in pain forever after they die.
Edward William Fudge, the author of The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment, is an advocate of the annihilationist view of hell. He believes that hell is real and people are tortured in hell. But unlike the traditional view, he holds that the pain is temporary and those in hell eventually cease to exist.

“This has to do with the character of God and the way people view God’s character,” explained Fudge to The Christian Post on Wednesday. “The God who loves the world so much that He gave his only son so believers would not perish but have eternal life is then going to turn around and throw billions of them into something resembling a lake of volcanic lava and make it so they cannot ...

read more: http://bit.ly/mMgvXr

2011/6/18 10:06Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Top Scholar on Hell: Rob Bell Is Right, Punishment Not Forever

God said it - I believe it.

I have no idea who Rob Bell is but he is leading many up the wide path.

Mark 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

2011/6/18 10:52Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I watched Jack Van Impe on his website last night, and Rob Bell is one of the names he called out about false teachings. I have never heard of Rob Bell either, and I never really followed Jack until something was posted here yesterday about his demise from TBN.

2011/6/18 11:08Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Concerning this article, I do not know the "Christian Post," all that well, but since when are people out of the Church of Christ considered to be "world foremost scholars?" Are they considered that by the Christian populace? Or by the world populace? Last I checked the COC was considered a borderline cult.

2011/6/18 11:12Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

It is sad to see that this un-holy man is going to drag many to their destruction.

2011/6/18 11:23Profile
tmfaulk

Sorry, i have posted this a couple of places. This is my 2nd post ever.
In 2006 myself and 4 others were involved in an Atlantic boating accident. A tropical type storm came in and gale winds broke the foremast then later prevailings winds broke the other two. Much I could say here but will go to the point. As we were rescued and dropped at a hotel I went into prayer and had an open vision (not a dream). I saw a ship with all three masts broken and the voice of the Lord spoke and said "These are the three foundations the Church has removed". I immediately surmised prayer, bible etc etc etc. As I thought these things again the voice of the Lord said " do not assume to know what they are. SEEK ME". I journaled the entire event as we traveled home. I immediately got away and fasted and prayed for multiple days. Again the Lord met me and gave me this verse. Isaiah 33:22. God is Judge, Lawgiver, King. "They do not believe I judge today, do not believe I am the Lawgiver and do not believe I am King. When I begin to blow the winds of My Spirit, many churches will snap under the first gale winds and many more under prevailing winds.". The Holy Spirit began to open up these verses including 21-23. Again the Lord began to speak that most of the Church was pulling oars and few were propelled by the Holy Spirit. This principle of Judge Lawgiver King is from Genesis through Revelation. Hell is really not the deep issue. IS GOD WHO HE SAYS HE IS? That is what they are not accepting. I had these similar conversations with Paul Young of the "Shack" who is a very genuine man who has had a revelation of grace but has laid down certain truths of redemption to bring his beliefs to it's end. There is so much to say here but I hope this speaks and rings true by the Spirit. We are walking in some of these days today TF

2011/6/18 12:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We appreciate your post but ask that in the future you do not post the same material in multiple threads. Thank you.

2011/6/18 12:14Profile
Giggles

I found this phrase peculiar:

“The God who loves the world so much that He gave his only son so BELIEVERS would not perish but have eternal life is then going to turn around and throw billions of THEM into something resembling a lake of volcanic lava..." [empahsis mine]

Lest Fudge is speaking of false "believers" (which the context seems to rule out), he also needs to review his soteriology.

2011/6/18 12:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Though I don't full agree with Mr. Impe on the pre-trib view but I thank God for His passion and stand for truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqRAtvCfOSo

2011/6/18 12:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy