Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Word became flesh

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

The Word became flesh

God is One God, but three distinguishable persons, each of whom is completely God. This unfathomable mystery, the theologians call Trinity; a mystery which can never be explained, but only illustrated. The creeds which came later from the councils of the early churches were not attempts to define God but rather attempts to exclude error. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-equal, co-substantial, co-eternal. The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the World. The Son sent the Spirit to make that salvation a personal reality to men and women. Man could know none of these things unless God had revealed them. Before this amazing self-revelation of the Eternal, Infinite, Triune God we can only wonder and worship.

I have been meditating on the wonder of the incarnation and have written a Christmas Meditation. It goes through many of the early verses of John’s gospel unpacking the amazing truth contained in these familiar verses. There are plain text and pdf versions available in the 'articles' section of SermonIndex; The Word became flesh. Some strange things have happened to the formatting so if you would like a pristine pdf copy complete with bookmarking for the different sections, please drop me an email and I will send one.

In the midst of all the tinsel and glitter of Christmas the miracle of the incarnation and its implications are a wonderful antidote to all that is trivial about this season. There is a lot of solid theology hidden under the surface of this meditation so you can read it at whatever level suits you.

‘Happy Christmas!’

2004/12/9 3:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy