SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Those crazy Puritans, that crazy Dave Wilkerson, and crazy me ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Rahman

Re: Those crazy Puritans, that crazy Dave Wilkerson, and crazy me ...

Brother Neil you posted
"May the Holy Spirit fill you and thrill you"

Thank you brother! ... and 10 fold back unto you ...

In His love,

Br. R

2004/12/9 11:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Today most folk, including many believers, view the Puritans as a bunch of fanatic sour pussed legalist who had no understanding (as we so learned today)

Yes I think shows on TBN are a joke compared to the insight into the spiritual that the puritans had. Their hearts would be grieved to see the trash we watch. I would equate it as spiritual junk food. Your categorization of the puritans is from ignorance of them and their beliefs. Our modern day 'charismatic' 'spirit-filled' atmosphere jocks at much of what is true genuine spirituality and discipline. What a day we live in.

I would ask brother Rahman that you don't use the terms 'crazy' david wilkerson.. even though I know you are being sarcastic but terms like that are found in search engines and people can mis-interpreate what SermonIndex beliefs towards that mans doctrine.

2004/12/9 12:58Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Greg you wrote;
"Yes I think shows on TBN are a joke compared to the insight into the spiritual that the puritans had. Their hearts would be grieved to see the trash we watch. I would equate it as spiritual junk food".

Yes i already know how you feel about TBN, you paint all it's programming with such a large judgmental brush, but that's your prerogative ... But from where i sit everything that comes on TBN, or any other Christian Broadcasting, ain't all bad" ...

You continued;
"Your categorization of the puritans is from ignorance of them and their beliefs. Our modern day 'charismatic' 'spirit-filled' atmosphere jocks at much of what is true genuine spirituality and discipline. What a day we live in".

Ouch, i do believe you've started to throw jabs and upper cuts at me bro, praise God i've been crippled ... '0) ... My categorization of the Puritans? ... Where in my post did i give my personal view point on the Puritans? ... I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Puritans as is stated in many of my past posts, and especially due in fact that our Lord brought me to SI to learn of them ... Brother Greg i sense that i've become a burr under your saddle for some reason, and if that be the case why don't you drop me a line and tell me what it is, if you don't want to aire it here ...

You continued;
"I would ask brother Rahman that you don't use the terms 'crazy' david wilkerson.. even though I know you are being sarcastic but terms like that are found in search engines and people can mis-interpreate what SermonIndex beliefs towards that mans doctrine.

OK Brother Greg, but i'm not using any terminology toward brother Wilkerson that he himself doesn't acknowledge as one of the derogatory terms others use against him, as i'm sure many back in the day thought of the Puritans in like manner, as so many of the folk i know do me, i'm just identifying myself within that same group ... I also think brother Greg that if you have figured it out by my post that i'm being sarcastic, others than those under intensely strong satanic delusion will also ... As i stated before, let's clear the air, what's really bugging you about me ... Am i just a little to crazy in my Christianity for you, then get in line (and i'm not being sarcastic here just real) ... Just say the word brother, and i'll shake the dust of my sandals from SI threads with the quickness of which i appeared ...

PS - And i won't be mad, because i love you to much for that ... Amen ... '0)

2004/12/9 13:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
OK Brother Greg, but i'm not using any terminology toward brother Wilkerson that he himself doesn't acknowledge as one of the derogatory terms others use against him, as i'm sure many back in the day thought of the Puritans in like manne

NO my point is that its not wise to have these terms repeated and thrown around on SI because of the respect to keep wilkerson's and other men of God's names above reproach.

Quote:
As i stated before, let's clear the air, what's really bugging you about me ... Am i just a little to crazy in my Christianity for you, then get in line (and i'm not being sarcastic here just real)

I am just trying to not allow the forums to take a total mind of their own but have them reflect as much as possible the light given in the audio/article testimonies on this site. I respect alot of your knoweldge into the life of Christ but at the same time I have alot of worries about your posting things you see on TBN and from other questionable sources. I do understand that God uses many things and you can get edifyed from some things on that station but overall its not something I want to start as a trend in discussing and using as an example. We have just WAY to many powerful examples found on this site to use and discuss! and so much of Christianity is becoming backrupt in its theology and effect in the world that we need to get back to the old paths, thats essentially the clarian call of this ministry.

So I do appreciate you brother but I am not going to sit back and allow anything under the sun to be discussed. Anyone is welcome to say what they want but as Ron (philogos) has stated many times when you post something in the public market place you have to respect and understand that there will be other views expressed. Its amazing due to that fact the unity and love in Christ found on this site, it still staggers me daily.

2004/12/9 15:53Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Greg you wrote;
"I have alot of worries about your posting things you see on TBN and from other questionable sources. I do understand that God uses many things and you can get edifyed from some things on that station but overall its not something I want to start as a trend in discussing and using as an example".

Ok brother Greg, i'll tailor my threads/posts from now on not to mention such sources, but you're right when you say "I do understand that God uses many things and you can get edifyed from some things on that station" ... It's those "some things" that He's always tuned me to, and most recent those "some things", in combo with those "some things" from SI, over this year have brought me to a new level of love, peace and rest in Him, and i do praise Him, and give Him all the glory for it ...

Hey ... aren't you glad you're not my pastor? ... '0) ...

2004/12/9 16:38Profile

Re:

You will have to forgive me for not going through this entire forum and reading all the comments, I'm not trying to jump in the middle of anything. I just wanted to comment on something I read in the first post.

Quote: "i was watching the revival program "One Nation Under God" on TBN, when one of the pastors said that everytime any type of individual disaster, and especially any type of major collective disaster happened to the Puritans, their first and only response was REPENTANCE! ... The pastor said it didn't matter how good they'd been prior to say a dire illness afflicting themselves or a family member, or a famine, terrible storm or earthquake, they felt it a sign of God's rumbling displeasure, and they got about the remedy of repentance ... Not so today ... we're educated ..."

In my devotional time today, I came across a scripture which I linked together in my mind to that quote. The scripture is:

"And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed [b]I will[/b] cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. [b]I will[/b] kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works." Revelation 2:21-23

2004/12/9 21:19
Rahman

Re:

Wow brother Lazarus, what you've posted is most timely ...

Qoute;
"And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works." Revelation 2:21-23

i want to be amazed that hardly any preachers (at least those i see and hear) ever discern and preach to us just what Christ is saying in His, "yet I have something against you" in the Revelation ... I say want to be amazed because somehow i want to believe that preachers are all supposed to be a lot further up on the mountain than we pewsters, but that just isn't the case ... If it were not for the Lord's Spirit being all over me about His messages to His churches in the Revelation, i'd be silent about them too ... i think it probably safe to say that my own pastor wishes i'd never heard of the Church of Philadelphia, and the open door policy Christ has before it ... That's the final message (3 of 3) He sent me to my pastor with at the beginning of 2004, and the consequences of our not preparing ourselves a collective living sacrifice towards His being able (by His Spirit) to ushering us thru that door ... i know this ain't a popular belief, but the Bible shows that when Church headship/leadership is just as pre-occupied with the things of the world as the world itself, He's gonna send somebody to attempt the getting of repentance, then as a last resort He deals with it first hand ... i think it's because of our Lord's great longsuffering that nobody, especially today, puts any fear into the consequential words Christ speaks to His Church out of the Revelation ... It may take Him what seems like a long time to us to act upon such judgment, but if He won't do it it wouldn't have been written ...

In my case the Lord shut my mouth after the word i delivered to my pastor Jan of 2004 was ignored, and in my spirit i heard Him say that this part of my work was completed, and that He would take it from there ... i'm not gonna say that i wasn't happy to hear that, because it's my experience that entrenched pastors are most often immovable except by the direct hand of our Lord ... Since May, in my church, it's experiencing money problems for the first time in a way that pastor says he can't remember ... The Lord told me that the people are tired of the cliched prosperity formulas and don't belive them anymore, and many can't understand why out of all their giving many are losing jobs, etc ... My pastors youth center that was supposed to be completed past spring, is still a hole in the ground ... He's attempted cheaper methods of construction which has called down the wrath of L&I on him, and now all the funerals that are occurring from violent deaths, in which one of the ministers said this past Wednsday that it seems like we're under a curse ... i just quietly wondered to myself, "Lord what's it gonna take before a minister actually realizes that it is a curse" ... God sent me with a message of 40 weeks of purification towards going thru our open door, and now out of what i can only see as a fit of conviction pastor put our assembly on 40 days at the beginning of November, and when that didn't work he put us on another 40 days thru unto Jan. 2005, and now there's murmuring in the congregation ... All of a sudden i'm getting calls, and the Lord has shut my mouth to anything else but my praying with such individuals for our pastor and church ...

i had asked the Lord some time ago about my pastor, and why he seemed so adamant to not hearing the word that would prepare us thru His open door, and just a few nights, out of the clear blue as usual He answered me ... He said, "He's afraid of all that he'll have to leave behind to go thru My open door" ... i guess that pretty much sums up all our problems as children of the King, but from this "runner from" and "wrestler with" God new perspective, i'll take voluntary repentance over forced repentance any day! ... Christ's words in Rev. 2 & 3 are quite painful, and is coming as an unbelievable shock to generations who've come to view Him as the passive grace Genie of the Bible ...

It used to really bother me when so many saints, for all intensive purposes, considered me a man overboard ... Not anymore, because that's where God's Peters long to be ... willingly ...

Praise God, and lets all pray, pray, pray for our pastors/preachers/congregations/Church/ and ourselves that our pain thresh hold is low enough to keep us from having to experience the full brunt of Christ's correction, for as it stands now we're difinately a stiff necked people ... Amen

2004/12/10 13:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy