Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ian Paisley in current events

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjadens_monk

Ian Paisley in current events

I'm into current events, especially world events. I've just always had a fascination for the way God brings up kings and kingdoms and takes them down. Or allows anyhow. Today i saw an artical in [url=http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=7030175]reuters[/url] that had Ian Paisley in its headlines. When I saw that, I immediately wondered if it was the same man who preaches in the Revival Hymn. The more i've looked into it, it seems that way. I've done more searches, and Paisley's gotten a lot of press coverage lately. Phone calls from President Bush and sorts.

So I was just wondering, is Paisley out of preaching? or is he bringing his preaching into politics. I think politics in God is a wonderful thing, as heretical it may sound. I praise Him for His work in the US founding fathers' writings and in the great awakenings that helped the USA to a healthy start. Anyhow, those were my questions. Thanks for any more info!

2004/12/8 13:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Ian Paisley in current events

Quote:
Today i saw an artical in reuters that had Ian Paisley in its headlines. When I saw that, I immediately wondered if it was the same man who preaches in the Revival Hymn. The more i've looked into it, it seems that way. I've done more searches, and Paisley's gotten a lot of press coverage lately. Phone calls from President Bush and sorts.

Yes that is the same Ian Paisley. He is the founder of the Free Presbyterian Church denomination also he runs a few other organizations is a preacher, runs a bible school, and is a full-time politican for a party in ireland. Leonard Ravenhill said that if he stayed out of politics he could have had an impact like a john wesley. I don't think the man is perfect and being involved in polictics can get your mind off the spiritual to the carnal quite fast. I pray God is using him to make a positive difference.

2004/12/8 14:16Profile

I agree with Leonard

Dr. Paisley is one of my favourites and as you know I use him a lot in compilations...I love him.

Nobody can holler for the Lord like Ian....lol.

amd I just had a hoot listening to that tape where he got up in the European parliment and called the Pope the "anti-christ" and the "man of perdition", right up in his face.

Its taught me lessons, his story, like where do we take our ministry? There are a ton of things in this foul world I could speak out against, but where do I edify and where do I tear down? If I started to speak out ultra-strong against "romanism and the machinations of popery", how many do I drive away?

When I started to speak out against the war, how many did I drive away?

I'm not talking about a popularity contest, but I am talking about reflecting the Light of the Lord, and being a golden bowl of incense, and lighting the way of the lost.

hmmm.

2004/12/8 20:51
tjadens_monk

Re: I agree with Leonard

very good words. i fully agree with you. that does make one think. oh that we might dwell in the knowledge of Christ Jesus, and move only where and when He tells us. To prepare the way of the Lord, and not speak to anyone on the way to our mission. Our mandate is urgent! the bowl must be poured forth. the way is a humble one of striving and travailings and facedown intercession.... but one must wonder what the Christian's role is in government.

2004/12/8 22:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy