SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who's John Piper?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Who's John Piper?

About two years ago if not more, i bought a copy of 'Desiring God' by John Piper. As much as i tried i just could not get into it or understand it. I was only a christian for a couple of years then and wouldn't of understood then half as much of what i read now. His name keeps popping up and i feel its time to give this book another go, what do you guys think? Has anyone read this book or can you give me your opinions? Im so greatfull to the guidance brothers and sisters give me on this site it's much appreciated, God Bless you all.
Geraldine.

2004/12/7 16:22
dougkristen

Re: Who's John Piper?

Excellent Book!! I have read some of it. It is a large book, but I would encourage you to read it slowly.

He has another good book on fasting, Hungering for God. Very good also!

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/7 16:43Profile
markitats

Springdale AR

Re:

Yes John Piper is hard to understand even when he breaks things down to what he thinks to be the simplest form. I recommend him greatly. I’m reading “future grace” at this point. Might I recommend listening to a great message by him called “Doing missions when dying is gain.” I think sermon-index has it. May the ministry that God has richly blessed John with, greatly bless you in return. God Bless.

2004/12/7 19:54Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy