SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : know anything about dualism..in don't

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
apollosone

California, Inland Empire

know anything about dualism..in don't

I have been emails thing guy from Scotland about philosophy. I would like God to receive glory from his life in his salvation. He is a dualst. know anything about that ...?

2004/12/7 16:17Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: know anything about dualism..in don't

Basically a dualist is a person who views the world in terms of equal and opposite forces: (i.e. good and evil and light and darkness). Yin and Yang symbols show this. It is not to be confused with a biblical world view that describes a world fallen into sin. Satan is not equal to God, etc. In the ancient times the Greeks believed that the material world was created by a 'lower god' called a demi-urge. This had an influence on early Christianity and had to be dealt with as heresy in what we know now as gnosticism.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/12/7 16:23Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: know anything about dualism..in don't

Quote:
I have been emails thing guy from Scotland about philosophy. I would like God to receive glory from his life in his salvation. He is a dualst. know anything about that ...?

The philosophy of Zoroastrianism is dualist. It is the belief that good and evil are pretty much equal forces and that man's behaviour and ritual can tip the balance. As Robert has said the Bible view is that Satan is a creature and God the Creator. The battle continues not because God is unable to win the war but because other purposes are being worked out through the conflict.

It might be easier to know what he believes if you ask him which 'teachers' he respects.

2004/12/7 17:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy