SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians, do we have a problem in the house?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Christians, do we have a problem in the house?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karl-giberson-phd/evolution-education-optional_b_870971.html

I hope I am at liberty to post this. I found this article a very good read. Yet, what strikes me the most was reading the comments at the very end of it. It seems like it is christian vs the secular. I felt embarrassed to read them. I am wondering if this is a true reflection of christians and their stance on science and evolution.

If this link is ok, please read it and tell me what you think.

2011/6/9 22:35Profile

Re: Christians, do we have a problem in the house?

he does have a point about this trend towards anti-intellectualism, whether it be the secular world or the Way.

when God called me, took mercy on me, He didnt tell me to get stupid.

But darwin?...oh please, talk about an "cloud without rain", i mean if you just talk a stroll thru the woods and comtemplate the interlocking ecosystem in all its marvelous complexity, down to the most microscopic detail, i feel that would heighten your love and reverence of God, in that His Mind is unfathomable, that God, Master of the Universe, by His Finger, could do as such. What a Designer, and i speak not of "worshiping the earth", i speak of yet another Way we can see His Hand all around us, and He is Good.

its just kind of fashionable within intellectual circles to eschew the Mystery and the Depth of the Mind of God.

what it boils down to is, do you believe God..or not?

very simple.

2011/6/9 23:18
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Have you taken a look at the comments section as well? Take a look at that and tell me what you think.

2011/6/10 6:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
Invoking the consensus of the scientific opinion is not restricting "thinking" at all. It is encouraging critical thinking and the pursuit of genuine knowledge.

The author was on a tangent! It was a very well written article (that I disagreed with), but the author needs to understand that we don't all argue from the same page of information; yes, we may in fact be reading the same page but somewhere from our mind, memories, and emotions we add to the mix. That is as much of a fact as he thinks evolution is!

About the commments... you can't read an article on the internet WITHOUT reading the comments!! To me, it's like sitting at the mall (or someplace busy) and people watching!! There were some good comments on there, both for and against.

Survival of the fittest doesn't have to be scientific, it's been proven just watching the animal kingdom and people at large... we ourselves produce things to survive; put God into the mix and He messes everything up for them and they can't explain it and that's what they don't like! God makes the weak strong in Him, when one person they want out of the way gets promoted or doesn't give up but is always stronger with a smile on their face everyday... they can't explain it so therefore they don't understand it and hate it. Ah, human beings!!

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/6/10 7:50Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

One of the things I seeing in the comments section is that christian seem to be grasping at stuff and are not answering any critics questions. It causes believers to look as if they don't think for themselves and only accept history as fact without laying out evidence to demonstrate that things are true against what is taught in the realm of science.
Christians seem to be labeled anti intellectuals and it shows it to me in these posts. This is why I ask if we have a problem in the house. Or am I see through the glass darkly?

2011/6/10 9:18Profile
Jessi

Ephrata PA

Re:

Yes, I think you have a point there, and it's one I've often run into as well. Do we have a answer for the hope that lies within us, or are we so afraid of the world that we hide the light of Christ? Christ never said we should be afraid of the world - rather that we should live lives that are IN the world but so blatantly and obviously not OF the world that it shines like a light. Does the world see answers for their questions, in the life of Christ within us? Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

2011/6/10 10:30Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Deadn,

Christians believe in God.

When we encounter an agnostic, he will appear so intellectual that it intimidates us, hence the stupid remarks some will make. Whether the evolutionists remarks are honest or not is beside the point, the point is that Christians have faith in an unseen person and we do not trouble ourselves much which is not easily understood.

I have learned that when confronted with an issue like this is to be honest upfront and tell them this is what I believe but cannot prove it. All will have to admit there are lots of things in this world that is not understood by everybody not do they even care to check it out, including them. And it would be revealing that if you were to talk more with them, it will become very evident there are pockets of ignorance within that mind as well.

My two cents...

2011/6/10 10:35Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Evolution is a religion not a science. It is a timeless debate "Is there proof that there is a God?" No. There is no physical proof that there is a God. However, all one needs to do is look at nature and know that there really is a God that created all things.

To find the proof, one only needs to look inside of themselves to know... Man was created to worship God. The real proof is inside and it is called "Conscience".

Evoulutionist's look outward and then want proof. How can they proove that there was a big bang and the universe was formed?
How can they proove man came from fish, then became ape, then became man?

There is no proof of evolution either. Can they show me a fish that lives on the land? Can they show me an ape that has vocal cords?

They believe what they will believe. The only thing we can do is present them with the cross of Christ and pray for them.

It is there choice. Die and live or live and die.

To believe in evolution and Christianity is an oxymoron. Just like it is impossible to be a Christian and a Muslim. It is like oil and vinager, they don't mix.

Although, I can believe the big bang here it is... God said it and it was. there's the big bang.

2011/6/10 11:25Profile

Deadn

Quote:
Have you taken a look at the comments section as well? Take a look at that and tell me what you think.

i learned a while back, the "comments" section on any net printed article, is a tarpit, i dont have the energy, time or inclination to muck about in. i AM going to read the rest of the posts though.

2011/6/10 12:33

Deadn 2

Quote:
Christians seem to be labeled anti intellectuals and it shows it to me in these posts. This is why I ask if we have a problem in the house. Or am I see through the glass darkly?

now do you see why i dont read the comments on ANY net article? it just aint worth and no, you are seeing things clearly, and thats disheartening, i know.

2011/6/10 12:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy