SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : christianity today vs christianity yesterday

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

christianity today vs christianity yesterday

These are thoughts that have been on my mind this week that christianity today is different to christianity in the past (general speaking). I read many old books by christians in the past and the depth and understanding of scripture and who christ is amazing. speaking for myself only, one difference i have found is the study techniques,time spent in prayer, reading the word of God and less destractions in their home where definate differences to my life style today.

I remember when i use to go in the outback and do hunting, when i got out of home the destractions would get less and less. my senses use to come alive whilst walking through the bush looking for tucker. My ears would get sharp and hear every bird, foot movements and even my heart beat at times. my eye site would become more acute at noticing things in a distance and i could lock on any different objects in my view. it was the environment that i adapted to and i became quicker and very alert. The reason i had adapt was because of the dangers. walking slowly through long grass making sure i didnt step on or get bitten by a snake, when near a billabong or river i would scope the water and mud to see if a croc was lurking close by or being careful not to stuble across a wild boar, buffalo or a bull. The reason i survived many encounters was due to the sensitivity in my ears, my eyes and bodily reflects.

as i was sitting in church the other day, durring worship i locked everything out and just talked to the Lord and praising his name and just as i could feel the Lord start to move upon me. the service switched direction and went into preaching which ment everybody needs to sit down. then the pastor was worring about the time durring his message and was constantly looking at his watch so that he could be on time with his message. what was it that the Lord wanted to say to the church that day? what was the living water that he wanted the church to drink together?

when i was a young man i remember durring worship at church, half way through it the pastor stopped the singing and said something is wrong our spirits are not right before the lord so we prayed casting down all the enemy attacks for about an hour. i could feel and see the church come into unity from that point and it ended up being a powerful day in the Lord and it definatley woke us all up. When we went back into worship their was tears and conviction and healing. i must be sensitive in the spirit at all times listening to the voice of the lord. this is what i see the old fathers of the faith use to do and this is why they had such an intamacey with their saviour as well as an understanding of his character because they new his voice and where obiediant to his call no matter when or where it was.

2011/6/7 19:02Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: christianity today vs christianity yesterday

I would have enjoyed this post all the more had it been longer. I could feel myself there in the pure commune with God. The conditions so appropriate for speaking and listening in the stillness and solitude brought about in the conditions of God's creation.

One can enter inside their closet and pray in the darkness seeking to escape distraction in order to speak from the heart and be receptive to His words. We can also pray outdoors where we can speak to God with our eyes open, aided in praising him by what he has so beautifully and wonderfully made. I lived vicariously through your words as I read then earlier today.

As for the rest, it seems there will always be two sorts of men. Those who will try to conform God to their timing and those who will be conformed to His.

It was a most beautiful writing my brother and I praise God for it.

2011/6/8 3:10Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Quote:
I would have enjoyed this post all the more had it been longer.

thankyou, there was way more that the Lord showed me but i try to get to the point of what God was telling me, sometimes this is to my own undoing when posting on this site. when God shows me these things he walks me through the word and to grab even an essence of this is hard to do. but thankyou for your comments. I supose what God has been leading me into is the loudness of this world needs to decrease and the sound of the Lord needs to increase no matter where i am. :)

2011/6/8 3:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy